Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leon Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Mr HIDDELL,or Stone, or whatever the hell you used to be, are you a net stalker, you sure stalk me a fair bit, anyone else can say anything on Davis-and other topics- and you do bugger all.? Face facts mr Mediocrity,he lets us down in Finals, ask any Pies supporter with an ounce of brains.
OH but i forgot, you dont want a flag until you are on a walking frame, hence your constant delusions of perrenial optimisim. Get a life.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:21 am

So how do we get to the finals?

Does AA mean anything to you?

My glass is always half full, I love Collingwood and love what we do and how we do it.
You just whinge and moan about everything we do, sad little tosser

Here's what Mick says about people like you

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do".

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:37 am

What a load, there are plenty of teams who would want his services.. there are plenty of teams not playing in finals. He has proved to be a big game player, however having about 3 bad finals.

I think there are more worrying players who haven't proven themselves in finals (against decent teams):
- Travis Cloke
- Jack Anthony
- Josh Fraser

Even Presti started to show signs of struggle against big decent forwards (destroyed by Franklin)

----------
------------
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:43 am

Chinaman John M wrote:

My glass is always half full, I love Collingwood and love what we do and how we do it.

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do".

The ONLY wanker on here is you pal, mr Hiddell mr stone, a sad little optimist on a walking frame at our next flag celebrations, if you had your way. Listen, I love the Pies too, but i want success, not continual failure by a guy who stars in H and A games, but packs his tent in the big ones, and goes AWOL. I do not whinge about everything you do, if you actually bothered to read some of my past posts, i have said we have the best kids in fifty years, its some of our vets that let us down, time and again. Wonder if you bother to reply to anyone else on here who agrees with me., or are you too gutless and just stalk me constantly?? Lets see you reply to someone else who agrees with me. Not likely. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Leons continual failure in Finals is a big concern though, He lets us down in September every time. Why cant he kick those party trick goals against quality teams in the Finals.???

Yeah I often wonder that, too, particular because back in '02, during the Qualifying Final against Port he kicked a couple of them. What's happened since, Leon?!!

Sore loser 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:35 pm

So no-one wanted Leon??? Some of you blokes must get around with your head up your ars...!! West Coast were solidly after Leon because if you had seen the game he played against them you would know that Leon beat them off his own boot!!! Word was that perhaps we would be interested in Mark LeCras but thank God we kept Leon!!!Do you forget how he started off the year?? That is why he is a well-deserved All-Australian!!!!Give us a break!!!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Had 20 possessions and 4 tackles in the 2008 EF win over Adelaide [away]
Had 18 possessions and 10 tackles in the 2007 SF win over West Coast [away]
Loss to Geelong this year he had 13 possessions but 8 tackles.

What our main problem is with Leon is his goals dry up in the finals. He is willing to put the tackling efforts, but doesn't get free or ahead of the play often enough. Too often he plays into the hands of his tags by not being the instinctive player he is in the h & a. He may infact put too much pressure on himself to be accountable [or feel that way] when he should be simply cut loose to win the ball at stoppages or allowed to get front and square.

Whatever the case, injuries maybe, but I think its more likely Leon trying to play differently, and definitely not finding the space that he needs to find. Can this be remedied? Dunno.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Leon DavisReply with quote

checkraise wrote:
For those who follow the Magpies and wanted him traded (Leon certainly has trade value), you will say one day...Geez I'm glad we didn't trade him.

Anyone with some perceptive ability should already be saying this. Davis already HAS repaid the faith shown by the club in his earlier years, and I expect he will continue to do so over the remainder of his career.

the seer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm

magpie greg wrote:
mackasmatt wrote:
What a load, there are plenty of teams who would want his services.. there are plenty of teams not playing in finals. He has proved to be a big game player, however having about 3 bad finals.

I think there are more worrying players who haven't proven themselves in finals (against decent teams):
- Travis Cloke
- Jack Anthony
- Josh Fraser

Even Presti started to show signs of struggle against big decent forwards (destroyed by Franklin)

Nobody wanted him. He has played 3 good finals games in about 15. He was the egg man in the 2002 GF.

Never performs when big pressure is on him.

Which goes against what Madhouse says is the key test of whether he retains a player or not - whether they can perform in finals.

Davis + finals = DUD. All you have to do is go back and watch the games.

I've got no problems with criticisms of our players for underperforming or whatever but people who launch malicious attacks on our players like this jerk i shouldn't have to share oxygen with

LOW LIFE!!!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 pm

magpie greg wrote:
Which goes against what Madhouse says is the key test of whether he retains a player or not - whether they can perform in finals.

If so, why is Davis still on the list?

I would suggest, for starters, that his finals performances aren't quite so bad as everybody claims.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:

The ONLY wanker on here is you pal, mr Hiddell mr stone, a sad little optimist on a walking frame at our next flag celebrations, if you had your way. Listen, I love the Pies too, but i want success, not continual failure by a guy who stars in H and A games, but packs his tent in the big ones, and goes AWOL. I do not whinge about everything you do, if you actually bothered to read some of my past posts, i have said we have the best kids in fifty years, its some of our vets that let us down, time and again. Wonder if you bother to reply to anyone else on here who agrees with me., or are you too gutless and just stalk me constantly?? Lets see you reply to someone else who agrees with me. Not likely. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

crikey piesnchess you make me laugh.

Tully 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:46 pm

All you Leon naysayers shit me!!!!
Do you honestly think that he goes out onto the ground and thinks, "today I will play an average game!"

I believe he always will try to be the best he can be. Are the naysers saying that he is not trying to fill the commitments that he has obligated himself too!!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any atempt at recovery.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Skids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any atempt at recovery.

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any attempt at recovery.

There, that's better.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing This thread is hilarious, isn't it Jock. Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: