Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Questions At Future AGM's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffa I love that you love the club, but you must admit there have been mistakes in the last couple of years that has cost the club off the field millions of dollars.

I think this would be a great way to give Eddie the questions before the night to ensure that he has a fair chance to come up with an answer. The club is no doubt doing majority of things really well which is why I'm sure Eddie would welcome the questions.

What is wrong with formulating a good question to ask?

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:40 pm

To be fair, if brave people hadn't been willing to stand up and say how terrible Collingwood boards and presidents can be then we'd have folded. Heck, Eddie got there because of how bad the last administration was. And lets not forget buying bowls clubs and various other stupid things.

I don't have a problem with the current board, but I would bet the previous administrations had their loyalists too, who would have sunk the club if their blind loyalty held sway. Let the whingers whinge, one day it may be just what we need, even if it doesn't seem necessary to most of us at the moment.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:40 pm

With respect,

This was not meant to be a negative thing. I fully support the Club and Eddie. Asking questions of the board is not necessarily a negative or anti club thing. It is part of the clubs yearly cycle and responsibilities. I am mealy proposing to give some individuals who are members of the Nicks forum the opportunity to clarify some issues at a senior level that may be of interest.

Also at times I have noted that there have been questions asked that could be thought of as self serving and small minded. I would hope that this forum could get three quality questions together that could be of interest to many of the supporters. The AGM is an opportunity for us members to get access to Eddie and the board in a public forum.

When I go along to our AGM’s I am blown away by the number of members who have extremely low membership numbers which clearly shows they have been social club members for 20+ years. Some of these people are the individuals asking pertinent and interesting questions of the board. Many of these members form part of the backbone of our great club and these are a good representation of the black and white army who are loyal supporters of the club and go to just about ever game year in and year out for many years.

I want this to be a positive experience and not a cock fight.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Wether at the AGM or otherwise, I'd like to see more information on this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collingwood-fc-to-get-exclusive-use-of-new-mcg-sized-training-ground-on-site-of-on-olympic-park-athletics-track/story-e6frf7jo-1225803608020

I've heard and read various stories about exactly what is proposed on the site, I'd love to see some architects specs or something detailing exactly what our future is planned to look like.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:42 pm

I think it best if you have questions to ask you best ask them as individuals and leave Nick's out of it, we are a fan forum and we should remain a fan forum, even if you had a vote on what questions to ask you would still be asking question on the behalf of people who don't want those questions asked and you simply do not have the right to use Nick's that way.
We are, you may have noticed, a large and varied group with diverse opinions on any and every subject and no one group of people can claim to speak for all 3445 registered members of Nick's, I for one would be highly offended if some one claims they speak for me.

laird 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Yep, what he said. Perfect Magpiemad Exclamation
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Laid to rest

Like most things on this forum there always seems to be someone who’s cup is half empty.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:43 pm

At least no-one at the AGM complained about the food at the Copeland night this year!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:33 am

EVO8Gold wrote:
Laid to rest

Like most things on this forum there always seems to be someone who’s cup is half empty.

MagpieMad's heart is in the right place. The issue is probably that no one should be seen as representative's as Nick's in an official forum apart from Mike and Nick themselves.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:03 pm

EVO8Gold wrote:
Laid to rest

how do you figure that? because I don't agree with your idea that makes me a pessimist? the reality is quite different, but it does highlight the problem with your idea, we will never all agree on a question to be asked and you'd be asking that question on behalf of people who don't want you to, we are all equals on here and no one has the right to impose their will on others no matter how good intentioned they are.
There is nothing stopping you starting a group or ticket if you will to ask a question on behalf of that group, you could even all chip in and buy a SC membership for the express purpose of asking a question or two, just leave us out of it.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:20 pm

As I said, I mistakingly got into the "One upmanship" game lately....something I actually regret....I hadn't posted on a regular basis, mainly because I was under fire for being a Mod and having an opinion...I know in this instance the abuse copped is not because of being a Mod, but I think I will make my way back to "the distance" again. sorry if I caused offence PP, it was not my intention.
Cheers

Cheers

Last edited by Northern Pie on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 am

favourites 2008 wrote:
Joffa I love that you love the club, but you must admit there have been mistakes in the last couple of years that has cost the club off the field millions of dollars.

I think this would be a great way to give Eddie the questions before the night to ensure that he has a fair chance to come up with an answer. The club is no doubt doing majority of things really well which is why I'm sure Eddie would welcome the questions.

What is wrong with formulating a good question to ask?

Dont get sucked in by the minority Faves. You yourself are a great collingwood supporter...Lets not attack those who bleed like you and me, Lets not attack those who would have more collingwood in their little toes than what you and me would have in our whole body. Its called respect mate...If you want to contact eddie directly Faves he'd love to hear from you as he does from any collingwood supporter who wants to talk collingwood..But lets not chuck shit for the sake of chucking and lets not chuck it just because others are.
Keep the faith Faves..your a legend mate Smile

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 am

Northern Pie wrote:
As I said, I mistakingly got into the "One upmanship" game lately....something I actually regret....I hadn't posted on a regular basis, mainly because I was under fire for being a Mod and having an opinion...I know in this instance the abuse copped is not because of being a Mod, but I think I will make my way back to "the distance" again. I am just glad I did not cop a spray from Proud Pies....She and I have had stoushes that make this look like a carnival, but lately I have found myself agreeing to a lot of what she posts!...COME ON PP....I MISS THE OLD DAYS! we were so much better at abusing each other than these youngins! LOL

Cheers

Cheers

i actually take offense at that. I wasn't the one doing the abusing.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:
As I said, I mistakingly got into the "One upmanship" game lately....something I actually regret....I hadn't posted on a regular basis, mainly because I was under fire for being a Mod and having an opinion...I know in this instance the abuse copped is not because of being a Mod, but I think I will make my way back to "the distance" again. I am just glad I did not cop a spray from Proud Pies....She and I have had stoushes that make this look like a carnival, but lately I have found myself agreeing to a lot of what she posts!...COME ON PP....I MISS THE OLD DAYS! we were so much better at abusing each other than these youngins! LOL

Cheers

Cheers

Fair comment.....I should rephrase....I was the one doing the abusing....my apologies.....

Cheers

(and don't take offence.....It was meant to be a light hearted comment...)

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:09 am

Northern Pie wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:

Cheers

Cheers

Fair comment.....I should rephrase....I was the one doing the abusing....my apologies.....

Cheers

(and don't take offence.....It was meant to be a light hearted comment...)

thank you

enjoy your Christmas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: