Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

1970 Ladder

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 am
Post subject: Hang on a minute!Reply with quote

Are you seriously Eddie should not be held accoutable for that pledge! If you are, that would completely destroy any credibility you have! How long do you suggest he has as President without delivering a flag? That would take it to 13 years! I would suggest anyone who said he could stay on after that would be removed from any further right to have their views listened to on that issue as they would surely be completely dumb or so tainted with blind bias that you could not rely on them to give you meangingful commercial advice on anything. Even Eddie had the decency to put a clock on this publically stated goal of a flag within now two years. You are trying to get him off the hook without even hearing what he has to say about what he would do if we didn't make it!

There are many Pies fans who think our shocking premiership record is moreover a refelction of the standard of so many of our stupid fans. I am not sure about this, but gee reading your reply I have to wonder.

The best support you can give a club like ours is to make them accoutable like Eddie appears to be doing with this objective. Don't be so piss weak by hiding behind under your small simple little rock by making excuses before we have even had ago.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Ed win us a premiership? He's not even part of the football department, he's there to keep the club running and to employ the right people. Only 1 club wins the thing every year but we've got a lot in place to assist us in that pursuit.

Your crusade against Eddie is misguided and laughable. If you have some brilliant ideas to improve the club's ability to win a premiership then write it down and send it to the club, don't just spew vitriol and white ant the administration. If you really think the board and executive are to 'blame' then start finding people to run a ticket against them. There are plenty of available avenues for you to take that are more constructive than spewing shit all over an internet forum.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:31 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Now Eddie would not want to be found to be making shallow and false promises would he?

didn't you retire in a blaze of glory?

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:10 pm
Post subject: IdiotsReply with quote

Look this is not about an anti Eddie crusade! Quiet frankly I like him as a person! They were his words. You dopes continue to make excuses for our failure to win a flag. You never address the issue at hand and always twist and turn it to be an attack on any poster on here that attempts to raise facts and dares to question the leadership that prevails amid these facts. The truth must surely be we have only had one flag in 51 years because some very uninspiring people keep finding excuses for non performance. Eddie is not to blame for that! He had the guts to set a goal. And to the amazement to so many fans that I know that don't post on here some of these cowardly dopes on here are already looking for excuses for a probable failure to reach that goal before we have had a chance to even have a go at it.

That can mean only one thing! We are dealing with some of the lowest calibre of fan in the AFL on here that will ensure no one is ever held accountable if we don't win a flag! Thank god these people have no say in the future of our club.

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

McKenna kicked 6 in the 1970 GF Jack.

3 Minor Premierships in 5 years (1969-70-73) yet only 1 GF appearance. Sure was a wasted era that one.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

rocketronnie wrote:
Hiss wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Hi Jack

What is your thoughts about our chances in 2010? Can we do it this year? Or do you think we can ever do it while this Board are there?

Sorry it's taken me a few days Hiss. Realistically we will probably bomb out in a Prelim this year. I'll accept that as long as we are truly developing the outstanding young talent we have. In other words, by mid-season I do not want to see certain veterans and good club servants (but ordinary footballers) still in this team. We all know who they are. I have three or four in mind. I want us to play the kids this year (especially Dawes).

I think 2011-2014 can be our period of domination. Three flags at least, even against the cashed up new teams.

About the Board, our views are well known. I'll give Eddie this year only without a flag. If we don't win in 2011 he better fall on his sword. Wink

I seriously doubt Eddie wil be shaking in his boots after reading your ultimatum..... Razz

Yeah well it is not Jack Spain's ultimatum! Eddie pressed the start button in the clock at the 2008 AGM when he stood in front of the Club elite members and said we will have a flag in three years. By my reckoning that means we have two to go from now. Now Eddie would not want to be found to be making shallow and false promises would he?

Presidents of many clubs say those sort of things all the time and don't resign. Why should Eddie? Oh sorry, I forgot - Because you said so!.

Lol shakin' in his boots Razz

We luvs ya Ronnie! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: