Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wellers?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
Don't get me wrong here - I don't think Beefy (misprint in the paper a couple o years ago listed him as "Wellington") is soft at all.
But..........
.......did anyone else see the moment that led to him rolling his ankle the same as me??

My instant reaction at the game was that I thought he sh1t himself, as he didn't know if there was any oncoming traffic or not. Seeing it replayed on the news today confirmed this to me.
The slight moment of hesitation caused him to break stride & land awkwardly.

Not a soft player IMO, but not his finest moment there for Beefy.....

That surprises me, because he's taken a few courageous marks this year (against St Kilda springs to mind) and put himself in the way of a charging Barry Hall against the Dogs in round one.

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 pm

^Yeah not saying he's soft, I actually think he has got that "subtle hardness" about him.
Just one small moment that he'd maybe like to take back.

Maybe i'm the only one to see it like that......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 pm

^
I like the kid because he's not fearless, he's not reckless, he often has a look but he goes anyway.

Throw a ball on the ground and tell him and Liam Picken to go and get it and I reckon Picken would beat him to the ball 7/10 times just through pure reckless attack on the ball.

But I know which of the two I'd prefer delivering the ball into the forward line.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Grade 1 tear- should be right. Grade 2 tear- maybe GF with a jab. Grade 3 tear-2011. If he needs a jab you'd think he's only got one more game left this year as playing on a sore ankle with a jab will usually send it backwards quite a bit.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 am

woods_the_best wrote:
According to medical staff -

"Lateral rolled ankle" - no ligament damage at all

Will be ok for prem. final.

The medics never tell the truth!!!
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 am

Honestly I have no idea how these guys could come back from a sprained ankle within a month.

Now I know I am a moaning old tart, but when I rolled my ankle last time (third sprain) I was farked for 8 weeks.

2 weeks? God knows how.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 am

Big T wrote:
Honestly I have no idea how these guys could come back from a sprained ankle within a month.

Now I know I am a moaning old tart, but when I rolled my ankle last time (third sprain) I was farked for 8 weeks.

2 weeks? God knows how.

Hiperbaric chamber every day and 24 hour a day attention to recovery.

When you sprain an ankle, you dont move it and so the ligament heals with scar tissue, when you move it again, the scar tissue breaks up and you basically start healing again, so its a very slow process.

Ligaments heal through time but also movement.

When done right, a mild akle strain treated right should be perfectly fine in two weeks. Anything worse than that and three weeks should work but two will have a guy at aronud 80% fit. For wellers, I'd say that means he wont come up, given that his skills include his speed.

By the way, an ankle sprain by defiinition invlolves ligament damage. Its just a question of how serious.

No matter what anyone says, his injury was pretty severe. I'd say all three of the liagments on the one side were badly damaged, evidenced by the fact that he couldnt put any pressure on it at all.

Now he is young so should heal quickly, but it will be a race against time to be healthy after two weeks. Pies with a big decision to make on this one me thinks.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:04 am

wont play again in 2010 IMO, i didnt like the angle he rolled it on, ive done similar, id be very surprised if he got up for the GF, id count out the prelim right now people, im guessing it blew up like a bloon soon after, hope im wrong though.

and wellers did hear footsteps, but, he has plenty of credit in the bank in the courage department, (he may have thought it was one of our players coming towards him to, maybe the dogs player called him out, its happened plenty of times before).

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 am

i tore angle ligaments once playing basketball. lots of ice then physio etc. i remember the physios telling me that when afl players do them, the ankle is in an ice bath every two hours during the first day or two, even waking up to do it. then add the hyperbaric chamber and all the other wonders and they have them back much quicker than your average person who gets hurt.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:33 am

noddy, wrote:
i tore angle ligaments once playing basketball. lots of ice then physio etc. i remember the physios telling me that when afl players do them, the ankle is in an ice bath every two hours during the first day or two, even waking up to do it. then add the hyperbaric chamber and all the other wonders and they have them back much quicker than your average person who gets hurt.

i hope your right, but the angle at which he did it (on his tippy toes almost) means it isnt your avarage strain, most people who have low grade strains can walk on them right away, its the next day you struggle, wellers couldnt put any weight on it (from what i saw), im guessing its a grade 2 strain, but as i said the angle at which he did was concerning, not your avarage ankle roll IMO.

even if he heals quickly enough, he wont have any confidence on it for a while.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Daicos Mullets wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Don't get me wrong here - I don't think Beefy (misprint in the paper a couple o years ago listed him as "Wellington") is soft at all.
But..........
.......did anyone else see the moment that led to him rolling his ankle the same as me??

My instant reaction at the game was that I thought he sh1t himself, as he didn't know if there was any oncoming traffic or not. Seeing it replayed on the news today confirmed this to me.
The slight moment of hesitation caused him to break stride & land awkwardly.

Not a soft player IMO, but not his finest moment there for Beefy.....

That surprises me, because he's taken a few courageous marks this year (against St Kilda springs to mind) and put himself in the way of a charging Barry Hall against the Dogs in round one.

It was terrible delivery to him (from Daisy?) - made him turn back into the traffic - and against his own momentum - when he had run hard to make fabulous position. Most unsatisfactory. I think there WAS a double-take from Welli but that it was of the "Why the %$^k did you put it there?" variety, not hesitation about a possible contest.

I actually thought some of the team's disposal to players in good positions was poor at times, even allowing for the difficult conditions - eg, a couple of Sidey's handballs seemed to miss by a long way when players were very much in the clear. This created some contests and opportunities for 'Pies to get crunched when it shouldn't have happened. Just a small quibble, really.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43 pm

^^This. I've only seen it a couple of times. But it was just a poor kick. Wellers was in plenty of space, would have been expecting a ball on his chest, not over his head.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Wow, I have to say, this thread has reached an all time low.

In this thread, we have an attack on Wellers for "shitting himself" (which is just wrong), and attack on Daisy for a bad kick (yep, it was all Daisy's fault Embarassed ) and opinions which almost sound like confirmations that Sharrod will miss the rest of the year.

None of the above is true, in fact it's damn right disgraceful.

I though BigFooty was bad for our own supporters being overly negative and critical, but **** me, this is the worst thread I've ever seen.

Daisy's kick was a little high, as he rushed it, and Wellingham hesitated as he was expecting the ball to be delivered right, and therefore he ended up making a giant leap to get to the ball after he misjudged it.

As for whether he's out for the rest of the season, PURE BULLSHIT, no one hear would know any more then any report that has been published, or any comment that has been made by the club.

Damn, shit like this pisses me off, the bloke will most likely play in 2 weeks, but that's just going off what I saw of him in the rooms after the game and also on what Collingwood and MM have said.

Enough crap, we just won a final by 62 points, and some Collingwood supporters (if you want to call them that) seem so negative it's embarrassing.

How about this comment (which I haven't seen in this thread);

I wish Sharrod the best of luck in his recovery, and hope he makes it to the prelim. Very Happy
tommo 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Think you've taken only the negatives. Definitely not the worst thread on Nicks in its history.

Don't overreact.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Daisy's kick was a little high, as he rushed it, and Wellingham hesitated as he was expecting the ball to be delivered right, and therefore he ended up making a giant leap to get to the ball after he misjudged it.

Thanks for setting us straight on that, matty's. A number of us here thought Daisy did it deliberately. Laughing So, frankly, I'm relieved to hear you confirm that it was just a terrible kick.

You know, observing the objective fact that Daisy missed a target about 30 metres from him by about - oh, 60 metres Wink - isn't necessarily an attack on him.

It might, of course, be hyperbole.

For the record, Daisy was fantastic on Saturday. But it was his delivery on that occasion that created Wellers' problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: