Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Spewing

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopCat 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen,
A "lurker" has come in from the cold !
I've been readng the posts here at Nicks for quite a while now.
Generally I have enjoyed reading them but have found no great reason to reply until now.
Some of the comments made here are against the club itself and I find them a bit offensive coming from my own fellow Collingwood supporters.
My position is quite simple I joined Collingwood Football Club as a full Social club member in August 1990. Ever since I have renewed my membership almost immediately I receive the renewal notice. NO question no ifs no buts. It is an expense I know I will have to pay every 12 months and I make d***m sure I have the $100-$150 for at least a social club membership. At about 50c a day I reckon we could all do it easily.
If you want to "stick it up 'em" to all the oposition supporters just make sure you are a financial member of Collingwood every year. THAT makes our club truly strong.
Also a couple of things to remember
If as a member you went the the AGM (a) you would have had clear notice that it was on and (b) you would have heard Greg Swann say clearly and in no uncertain terms that the seating would be limited in the next few years at the GF because of all the building at the G'. He also stated that there would be a cut off point at which there would be no guarantee of a GF ticket to Collingwood members IF we participated in the GF and that point was coming up v. soon.
Now how fair this is I can only sayn there are pros and cons in all systems. If you have a better way write to the Club putting forward your views.
Lets keep in mind we have not made the GF yet although if we improve on last year we are a good chance to.

I could go on an on but this is enough for now.

Collingwood Forever

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:47 pm

I wonder how many of you guys were spewing about this issue in 1999 0r 2000......becoming a member of the Collingwood Football Club is not about getting Granny tickets. It is about finacially supporting the greatest club on earth. The notion that being proud to be a Collingwood Member with conditions such as having guarenteed Grand Final Tickets is, to me, somewhat offensive....A person should be proud as hell to be a member without limitation and certainly without condition.

I myself am looking forward to the boys taking thefield in 2003......if they make the premiership then good on em, I will sit back and watch the granny with all the rest of the Northern Army, but if we only win 4 games all year, well guess what! I will still be there regardless...cheering them on and clapping them off the field and I am pretty confident in you Alf, you Willow and you as well JLC doing pretty much the same thing..."ask not what Collingwood can do for you!!!!, Ask what you can do for Collingwood!!!!"

GO THE PIES
cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:21 am

The last games i have missed in Melbourne are as follows

1992 Centenary game against Carlton as supposedly there were no tickets

1990 Grand final - Ticketing

1990 Second Semi - Ticketing

1992 StKilda final - Cousins Wedding

I think some supporters have been left out in the cold through this "Cut Off" date scenario. Sure you become a member to support your club financially. But you also want to watch your club win Premierships

Well actually Joffa and i discussed this issue at the pub about 2 or 3 years ago. Im sure Joffa remembers our duscussions. It was the Adelaide game where it was blowing a gale and we actually lost that day in front of about 29,000 people at the G and Adelaide probably had more supporters than us at the game. We thought whats the bet than when we become good again all the corporates and bandwagon supporters will leap frog us when it comes to finals tickets etc.

By the way in the renewal of memberships to EXISTING Social club members it may have been an idea to mention a date re grand final tickets.

jlc

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:25 am

Some good points in all of this. I too think the Club has botched it up a little. One thing you have to always remember though, when you barrack for Collingwood you are in a huge group and the grounds cannot hold us all. Anyone who remembers the big games at Vic. Park will know you turn up early or forget it. I sent in my Social Club renewal before xmas because it was clear that the gurantee was going to be problem.

I don't think the cut off date method is the best. I agree with Alf that some consideration should be given to long term members. The sudden announcement of the cut off date would have caught people by surprise. That is unfortunate but realistically, if there was a forward announcement the club couldn't have made any gurantee because they wouldn't know how amny applications they'd get and I'm sure there would have been thousands. I think they should have said up front that the first x number would get the gurantee and the rest woyuldn't, or better still, anyone joinging before a set date would be ranked according to years membership and ticket rights allocated accordingly.

I have no problem with the level of membership deciding the alloctaion. Money talks, like it or not. It is impossible to give everyone a ticket to the GF so some cut off has to be used. Unfortunately season ticket holders will not get GF tickets.

Of course the real answer to the problem lies with the AFL. It would be nice if they realised how important the GF was to competing clubs and allocated ALL the tickets that get allocated to club members to competing clubs. IMO not one single ticket should be allocated to non competing clubs to sell to members. On top of that, any allocation to AFL members should be eliminated. I can't see why the AFL ahould have members to begin with, let alone give them GF tickets ahead of competing club members. All AFL members should be referred back to the clubs. Colonial Medialion members are also a problem. having sold the packages with GF tickets there isn't much that can be done now, but for the AFL to allow a stadium to raise money on the back of the GF ticket gurantee is a joke and just another example of the AFL forsaking it's only real asset - club members.

Anyway people, we have to get there yet.

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:51 am

Well lets come up with some ideas..how about the club from next season introduces a loyality system it only has to be in place whilst the new stand is being built ( and dont forget when the new stand is up and running its going to benefit all social club members ) i suppose its fair to say that in the meantime its gonna cause some pain.

TOP CAT is right its easy and negative to come in putting the boots in and feeling sorry for ones self..some one come up with a nice positive idea.

To threaten to walk away from collingwood i find offensive and outright disgusting.

JLC has touched a very good point where were these collingwood people 4 years ago, where were they as JLC mentioned that game at the MCG against adelaide when we were out supported by the adelaide crows supporter.

And jon i remember clearly saying during that chat we had the club has to introduce some system a reward system where it acknowledges the paid up supporter during our bad times..its simple if you were paid up and proud during our nightmare years, you get the benefits as the club approaches its good years.

Everyone wants a piece of the good cake but where were they when the oven's were stuffed.

I aint gonna critscise collingwood im sure like all other clubs there trying there best under the circumstances.

I suggest a 'reward loyality' system

Any other positive suggestions ???

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:52 am

Look everybody I never bloddy just join up for a grand final ticket. I have been a member since as long as i can remember i was 3 i think and I went to the footy every match to see us play even when we got massacred i loved just seeing the pies play and was proud as i could be to know i was supporting the club!

So dont anyone question my loyalty and think i am one of those people who just wants to be at the granny and think i am top shit I have been a season ticket holder from 1995-2002 and now I might still join the social club or maybe the cheer squad but i dont tink dad likes where they sit he likes behind the goals southern stand.

Now I have been loyal for many years and I did deserve a grand final ticket last year. So my point of this topic i dont join to get a granny seat.

And Greg Hatch i did go to the every match in 1999 and 2000 every game since 1995 my friend except the granny cos i could not buy a seat as i was a season ticket holder.

Thanks everyone,

ROCCA UAHAUAHAUAHAUH ROCCA UAHAUAAHAUAH ROCCA UAHAUAAH ROCCA AUAHAUAUAHH ROCCA GOAL! A YEAH YEAH YEAH ROCCA GOALL A YEAH YEAH YEAH ROCCA GOALLLLLLLLLLL!

We are the pies and proud to be yes we are the boys of cfc so why dont yas all hey why dont yas all hey why dont yas all get .....!

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:14 am

I don't think they could've anticipated what has happened with the membership numbers.

But looking back it would've been idea if

a) All existing social members had a cut off date for renewal, like the reserved seats do and then once this renewal date has passed then they can still join, but they may have missed the chance for guaranteed GF tickets.

b) All new members are validated after the cut off for existing members.

If there was anyway they could go back and create something where the existing members were given some warning as to maybe missing out, I'm sure they would.

Just a question - How many people here have just joined up as a new social club member in the past couple of months? Would you be prepared to give up your GF ticket allocation to someone who had been a SC member for longer than you?

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:22 am

Everyone is posting the same shit...BORING

IDEAS..POSITIVE IDEAS ???

email..joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:24 am

I remember it well Joffa!!!!! It was right before you spilt your beer on me

The loyalty scheme is on the right track

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:26 am

WELL AS LONG AS IT WAS A SPILLAGE AND NOT A DRIBBLE..

email..joffa@magpies.net
CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:33 am

Talk about F*cked up!!

I have been a Social Club member for the past 5 years (not as long as some) and I am unable to buy it before xmas. I still have it bought well before the season starts. I agree with what some people are saying on here in that IF we were to make the GF tiks should be allocated to those who have been a member for longer than those who are just trying to jump on baord (so to speak). I hope we have a great season but i sure hope the club and AFL are prepared for a public backlash should one or worse, 2 of the AFL's power clubs make the GF.

5 Cougars thanks
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:02 am

Willow mate there is absolutly no way that I would bring into question anybodies loyalty to the club, especially yours as I have spoke to you on several occasions and know of your passion and loyalty.....I was actually questioning the loyalty of those who have joined this year JUST to make sure they get grandfinal tickets. As you may have seen in my post I actually agreed with most of the points being made.

Positive Suggestions.....well I think that the AFL is partly to blame for all of this, they seem to have taken the Grand Final out of the hands of the regular Joe Public.....what does the G hold a max capacity?? 100000 well in the instance of this last grandfinal so my solution is this......

Tickets for the Grand Final are allocated on the Sunday after the preliminary Final to the participating clubs according to the number of members that are at the club. so for Collingwood this would be say 35,000 and in the case of last year as an example Brisbane would get allocated according to their membership numbers which is about 10000 members.....Members of the club have until midnight Tuesday to claim thier tickets. All unclaimed tickets then go back into circulation with a numbe r of tickets being allocated to other clubs and the AFL, MCC members, the other clubs, AFL and MCC have until midnight Thursday to have thier allocation met, if there are tickets remaining they go on sale to the general public at regular ticket pricing until sold. Even with reduced capacity this year this is still a viable idea, not all the tickets allocated to the participating clubs would be claimed.

If this idea does not prevail then a loyalty system should definately be set up at Colingwood say giving long term members up until the end of February to re-new to ensure Grand Final tickets. This can also be set up in a way to ensure the longest serving members get access first by setting up something like the following system

White Membership - 1-2 yrs as a continuous Member
Black Membership - 2-4 yrs as a " "
Bronze Membership - 4-6 yrs "
Silver " " - 6-8 yrs "
Gold " " - 9-10 yrs "
Platinum - 10+ "

this would be simple as keeping it on computer and having the computer updating a persons status at the club.

Then when an application is processed it automatically allocates available grand final tickets according to type of membership.eg platinum members first then so on. This would be fair to all and logisticaally would not be that hard to set up and institute..any ideas???

Oh btw, I would never ever mean to offend anyone by questioning their loyalty to this great club, if my comments inferred that then I sincerley apologise......I have been here long enough to know how much you all love those Pies......

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)

[This message has been edited by Northern Pie (edited 20 January 2003).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:18 am

some get sold by the clubs to their members - some to the general public, some go in corporate packages for clubs, even though they're not competing.

it's a revenue rasing thing. For what it's worth, I think it sucks, why should non-competing club members get any more right to be there than the general public?

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:27 am

AFL Membership and MCC Membership work along the tiered principal of Full and restricted. If you are a young person well then thats the way the cookie crumbles.

With a tier scheme, loyalty is ensured as people have to rejoin each year which is a good thing. Otherwise supporters will simply pick and choose the years when they think there club will do well and for those years join up early for memberships Under this scheme whats to stop supporters from other clubs joining collingwood social club as they think Collingwood will make gf. They then get the tickets then scalp them??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:02 am

Its a short term problem..the earth aint gonna blow up into a zillion pieces.

I think the loyality reward system is the way to go if this was occuring during our bad years no one would give a stuff.

Under these very extroadinary circumstances the fair way of distribution is on a loyality basis.
JLC under this scheme you would be priority you were there and paid up when a lot of other people were not there.

And its true the big surge in social club membership is due to our recent success and it couldnt of come at a worse time..ie the rebuilding of the ponsford stand.

So what im saying is this for the next 4 years we have to wear it a bloody magician aint gonna appear overnight and wave a magic wand and bingo problem solved.

So instead of bitching about the inevitabe what about a positive idea.

Eveyone is just being repeating everyone else STOP DRAMA QUEENING
EVERYONE. the problem aint gonna go away come up with an idea !!

Willow top post mate

email..joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: