Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grrr......the little Prick speaks.......

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read Craig but i really think this just brings up old crap. Maybe one of the mods should close this thread.

BROOKE'S TECHNO LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

"I still believe in your eyes.I just don't care what you have done in your life.
Baby i'll always be here by your side.Don't leave me waiting too long,please come by!
I, I, I, I still believe in your eyes. There is no choice, I belong to your life. Because I will live to love you someday. You'll be my baby and we'll fly away. And i'll fly with you,
I'll fly with you, I'll fly with you!"

***Ill fly with you - Gigi D'Agostino***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:50 am

yeah have to agree with ya brooke, im sick of hearing shit about nick davis now, as far as im concerned he's an oposition player and i hope he does a knee, the prick! lol but ill never forget him running along the boundary and drilling a goal to put us into the grand final

footy ROX!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:22 am

Must say I'm very interested at the response this article has generated.
As I said before, I thought this article would be of interest to all Pie fans, especially our interstate/overseas people who don't get the local paper. As for the suggestion that this is not Collingwood related, I extracted this story from the Age website. It was accessable by clicking on the "Collingwood" link provided on the front page.
This link is; http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/clubs/collingwood/index.html
Please note the word "Collingwood" in that URL.
If the Age newspaper think it's a Collingwood story, then so do I. Though I will concede that this story can also be found by clicking the "Sydney" link on the same home page.
The real problem seems to be Joffs objection to the use of the word "Prick" to describe Mr Davis. If I have offended anyone I apologise.

-Craig

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:29 pm

Its ok Black White i forgive ya hahaha
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"But oh how I feel so real, Lying here with no-one near, Only you & you can't hear me when I say softly, slowly, Hold me closer tiny dancer, Count the headlights on the highway, Lay me down in sheets of linen, You had a busy day today"
*Tiny Dancer- Elton John*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:31 pm

Tessa, I'm really disappointed in your attitude.
ND had the opportunity to bag the club and the players. He didn't take it. I'm not sure what you heard privately from the players(maybe you have an "in" there)but I understand a lot of the players rang him to wish him well.
Nathan Buckley and Anthony Rocca left their clubs to join us. ND's really done the same thing. In football it happens. It's a great pity in this case because ND's such a good player!

angel 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:48 pm

well I am out of step here because I think you have all overreacted. Ok we are annoyed about the way he left but reading the article there is nothing in it which really bags us.For a start that years an unhappy Magpie is journalistic licence, he didn't say that, that is the words ascribed by the writer.

At the end of 2000 he would have commanded a transfer, his last seven games were great and he looked the most promising of our youngsters, think that match against the orangeroos. Have any of our other young guns ever won us a match in that manner? So whoever said nobody else would have wanted him is wrong. The fact is he was happy then, he was in love but his girlfriend left him six months later and then the trouble set in.

I agree with those who keep saying he lied to us about wanting to stay etc., but if you read another thread, the woey v. Davis one, under value of players traded, you will see that a few of us pointed out that he was forced into a situation of announcing his future when he quite explicitly said he wanted until the end of the year, which was his right to decide.

Also why should he have forfeited his place in the grand final because he might have been leaving. Headland was leaving Brisbane but Leigh would not have denied him his place. Nick played on under severe duress, taking many pills to get on the park, he played to his brief and within his limits and helped us win the two finals against Adelaide.

Finally his mother is gracious enough to point out what the club has done for him, and reading between the lines she feels guilty about his actions. She has tried to mend some bridges, which obviously in some people's eyes will never happen.
The bottomline is that he made a great contribution on-field but was always plagued by homesickness. That's a pity. But if he was an ordinary player would we be lambasting him in the same way.

Rocca gave Sydney much less service and was petulant his whole time there, and others have pointed out, the likes of Powell and O'Bree leaving netted nothing for their clubs. I don't see the same sort of criticism levelled at them however.

Looks like he will be encumbered once again by injury so we should be happy he has allowed us to recruit Nixon by going, otherwise we would not have had any early picks, and from what I have read elsewhere we could not have accommodated Woey under the salary cap had he have stayed.

Now I doubt if many of you would prefer Nick to Woey so what are you complaining about?

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:08 pm

in my eyes that fact of the matter is he screwed with us for a whole damn year! yes no yes no yes no! i think tess is right in saying that he selfishly took a spot in the GF when someone more commited to the club could have played, as for lying to us! well after the grand final i spoke to him at viccy park and asked him what the hell he was gunna do! he said " dont worry m8 ill be in the black and white next year!" my arse!!!

i've got nothing against him as a person and i dont know him personally, but i sure ashell will be giving him a boo when we play the swans!

footy ROX!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:38 pm

As for Mathews giving Headland a GF spot if he had known, well I heard an interview with Leigh in which he was asked this exact question.
His Answer? Headland would not have played if they had known 100% that he would walk. Sounds like he did a bit of yes/no himself.
As for the end of 2000, make no mistake, the team he wanted to go to had zero interest in him. It was not a matter of leaving Collingwood, just getting to Sydney. Seasons end 2000 the swannettes showed no interest at all.
As for him leaving without compensation for the Pies, even the swannettes knew that they would be gazumped in the draft if he participated, such was the turnaround that CFC had made with Mr Davis since 2000 that several clubs now wanted him.
As for Mr Davis vs Woey, give me Mr Davis any day.

-Craig

wimmey Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:53 pm

It's not that he left us to go to Sydney because of homesickness, I don't have a problem with that, it's because he blatantly lied about going... We wont see Nick play until the second last round when its up in Skidnee and he has the home supporter base behind him. I will personally travel to Skidnee to let him hear personally how we really feel about him...

Millane was the greatest to ever pull on footy boots
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:03 pm

Tess, the only reason I'm disappointed is because I think you're cool. You don't need to apologise to me, as ND doesn't need to
apologise to Eddie. It was Eddie's choice to lead with his chin and publicly say Nick would sign. It was a risk that didn't pay off. I saw that as simply putting more pressure on Nick.
Angel, once again your comments on this topic are spot on.

angel 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:48 pm

I doubt if Leigh would have had the courage to omit Headland. Make no mistake he was pretty sure Des was going. But the fact of the matter is, players are contracted on a year to year basis, if we dropped players who might not be there the following year there would be a lot of thinking to do. Remember it's not all one-way traffic. Look at what Essendon did to three of theirs. Halfway through 2000 there was a deal on the table to trade Nick to Sydney for Stafford, this changed when he started to realise his potential was always opposed by Malthouse anyway. Players and clubs have rights. While a player is contracted he should always be picked, loyalty sometimes is only a year to year, contract to contract thing between all parties, that's the nature of the game these days. If for eg. we knew what was going to happen to Steinfort would we have not picked him as well? Who from this year's squad will not be with us next year? Should they play at Willi all year? Eddie was not the only one saying to us he will sign, Balmy got on 927 several times and said he was staying even after he told them emphatically he was going. Everyone was playing a game hoping the guilt might get to him. I certainly don't defend him telling supporters privately he was staying when he was going though. He should have had the courage to tell them he would go. Early in the season he might have meant it as he has a tendency to change his mind. But there was no excuse after the grand final, he seemed to know at that point that he was after a trade.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:23 pm

I always lie.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:36 pm

Some lies have more significance and/or consequences than others

But obviously in some peoples eyes Nick Davis could do no wrong and they will always find an excuse to justify his actions.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:34 am

Well said JLC.
there's 3 things in life that will get me pi**ed off more than just about anything, being ripped off, being lied to, and people putting sh*t on Collingwood, in my eye's ND has done all three.

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:45 am

Here's a suggestion.

Let's have a "Bag the Crap out of Nick Davis Forum".

Then some of us don't have to read all this sh..

(Hey once you start you can't stop )

Go Pies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: