Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHATS THE POINT OF GETTING A SOCAIL CLUB MEMBERSHIP NOW?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobood get with the times!!!!!!

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)

[This message has been edited by Bartros (edited 25 January 2003).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:34 am

Come on, if you want to argue, please do it in private. i.e. PM, email. Stop grandstanding please.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:29 am

ieverybody has different opinions about things and thats fine, but if its different there's no need to say its wrong or they are dickheads.

i presonally think that you get what the hell u bloody want, if you want to spend more money and (vertually) donate your money to the club! GO AND DO IT! i dont see anyone trying to stop u, if u think its right and u love the club that much then do it, but if you think that there is really no point in getting a social club membership and dont wanna give away extra money to support our club then that sure as hell isnt questioning your love and passion for our great club, people have families to support, and family comes first. so people who think its a waste of money to get a social membership arnt wrong. just in different financial situations.

just for the record my dad spent up to $2500 on his family this year for memberships!

footy ROX!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:21 am

Alf. In 1999 we were as much chance as anyone to make the GF?
Seeing as it was pretty late at night when you wrote that, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Mathematically you're right, but the bookies wouldn't agree. I'm sorry but I can't accept that statement, no way in 1998, 1999, 2000, or even 2001 we were any chance of making the GF. Your SC membership in those years were a donation nothing more (I'm sure I could dig up a past thread where you made that statement yourself). Of course your SC membership in 2002 and potentially in 2003 (pre Jan 10) was/is far more than a donation. I'm not having a dig at you, but hey, there's nothing more engaging to talk about. (Sorry but "Bad Dream ... eeeeeek!" doesn't raise my interest )

Go Pies!
MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:31 pm

FWIW I bought a social club memebership for my finacee so we could both get GF tickets if we made the GF. For the same reason we bought each other social club memberships for xmas this year. So for xmas this we got each other seats to a Collingwood premiership. That's the biggest bargain I have ever shelled out for.

Next year we will probably have to upgrade. I don't only get my membership for GF tickets but if I'm gonna get a membership I'm gonna get one that will allow me to get a GF ticket. Unfortunately I think next year it will come down to those that can afford to get high level memberships that will have access to GF tickets and those who can't will have no chance. It is not ideal but it is the way it is and any complaints are waisted breath.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:53 pm

So Anthony ... you were really confident that we'd make the 2002 Grand Final, were you?

So was I ... in fact I DECLARED us as premiers after we lost to Hawthorn in round 2 of the Wizard Cup because I thought our 2nd and 3rd quarters of that game showed that we were capable of playing premiership football.

When I told this to anyone who would listen, they thought I was mad.

The only year I didn't expect us to make the Grand Final was 2001 ... I think I said pre-season that we wouldn't win a game. But I was going through my "expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed" stage. I still made sure I got my Social Club membership JUST IN CASE. It was no donation. No way. It was insurance. If I could have somehow KNOWN that we wouldn't make it, it would have made the whole season meaningless. As it was, I thoroughly enjoyed the 2001 season even though we missed the finals. Because there was always that element of hope.

You've gotta believe ... You've just gotta believe in your Club. Otherwise why bother? We're all different. Some of us are optimists. Some of us are pessimists. Some of us are realists. But wherever you fit on that spectrum ... you've gotta have at least some sense of belief that there is at least a tiny hope that we'll be there at the end of the season holding up the Cup ... however remote that might be.

How many St.Kilda supporters thought they'd make the Grand Final in 1997? Or Melbourne supporters in 2000? How much hope would the bookies have given them at the start of those respective seasons? And what would the bookies know anyway? They're just mathematicians.

I'll stand by this statement ... in 1999, before the season started ... Collingwood was as much a chance of making the Grand Final as St.Kilda was at the start of the 1997 season.

And I'm making this statement in BROAD DAYLIGHT

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Scotty Russell 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:04 pm

Social Club Membership - Agree with MolloyMagic - paid Captains membership, still haven't seen anything.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:18 pm

Anthony seeing that you brought up book makers maybe you should consult with them and see how many thought we would make the grand final at the start of the 2002 season or even half way through the season or even at the start of the finals series or even during preliminary final week??

I would venture to say that they would have thought that the money was a donation as well.

I suppose each week when you turn up to watch Collingwood during 1998 1999 2000 and 2001 you were merely donating your voice and time all for a good cause ??

If thats what your argument is, then StKilda may as well register as an Official Charity so at least the supporters can get a tax deduction for their donation....lmao

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:30 pm

i agree with ya alfy, well said m8

footy ROX!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:32 am

You Guys. My secret is out, I'm a closet pessimist.
Outwardly: We will win the flag this year, Translation: Sh!t I hope we make the 8.

I did not (as I've said before) truly believe we would make the GF in 2002. Of course you hope.

And Yes JLC the "good cause" is that great feeling you get after a win. Excellent suggestion re the saints. LMAO too.

Fair comments Alf, in 1996 the saints finished with 10 wins. By Rnd 16 of 1997 they'd won only 8 games! The dees had just 6 wins in 1999! In 1998 we had 7 wins.

And seeing as I'm losing this argument.

From the "Grand Final Ticket Allocation" Thread. Alf said,
quote:

Most Social Club members I know just treat it as a donation to The Club.
(Carefully edited to not include what was written next)

Sh!t, I'm still losing. I'll just stand by what I said earlier, to make the ballot for any unclaimed (as if) tics by "full" SC members (of course we'll make the GF in 2003), is why you should be a SC member in 2003.

Go Pies!
paulie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:09 am

Well I just bought an 18 game social club membership.I did it to get in to 18 games without too much hassle as well as it gives me a good chance of getting finals tickets if we make it.I also look on it as a bit of money towards the Club which has given me alot of joy and hapiness over the years.I have pretty much always had at least a season ticket apart froma few yers when i just couldn't aford it.I also use to have seats at Victoria Park.So i hope just upgrading my membership this year dosen't make me a bandwagoner.

CAAS 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:44 am

Just to reiterate what i posted on another thread on Nicks.
If you renew your social club membership you will have 1st priority regarding GF tiks if we make it. They capped any NEW members into the social club. You can still be a new member of the social club but you wont be guaranteed a GF tik.
The cap went started 17/1 as i was informed by the m/ship dept. an hour ago when i renewed.

5 Cougars thanks
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:09 pm

The plot thickens.

Thanks for that, CAAS. Refer to my comments on the "Member For Member" topic.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:58 am

I think I've just learnt something.

CAAS, are you saying only NEW SC member from here on are not guranteed GF tickets (if we make it). IE 2002 memebers who renew today still get guranteed GF tickets? That's not what I though they said but I'm happy to be wrong. Sounds fair to me.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:51 am

I rung the club yesterday,31st of jan around 5.30pm. I waited till the final day of Jan till i rung and after having to listen to this recorded message regarding memberships etc,like how it was important to join up and then it goes on about if u join after Jan(can;t remember the exact date). i found out that my membership was sent on the 27th of Jan,so it should be here with me any day now. So for anyone else wondering that's what i was told.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2003:The beginning of molloy's injury free footy seasons*
*2002 Joint V.C*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: