Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SECURITY AT COLONIAL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Collins stuck it up us again. He put his own supporters at the Coventry End, an End that our club have made its own in these past seasons while we made Colonial a paying concern. It has not been Carlscum who have been forced to play away from there home ground, it has been us.

I would hazard to guess that Collingwood has put more bums on seats at Colonial, than any other club. Furthermore, I say we have put more money across the bar, and snack bars than any other club. Essendon are on a sweet heart deal, and do not pay full price. We pay full price everytime we play there.

At his first opportunity, Ian Collins screws us. Just like he did when he was in charge of the draw, and made us play at Optus Oval, a few years back.

The Club should complain about the conflict of interest involved with Carlscum playing games at Colonial. It's an AFL ground not a Carlscum fiefdom.

If no action is taken, we should refuse to play (or go) there. How long will Collins keep his job, if the Magpie Army do not turn up there in droves and keep the place afloat? Not bloody long, I say.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

May the Magpies Prosper!
Greg J
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:55 am

Bloody excellent point greg.

I was feeling pretty happy with colonial as the coventry end goals was starting to get a nice comfy vic park feel..we all feel at home at the coventry end and we have sat there since colonial was opened 2 or 3 years ago

Why were we at the lockett end goals sunday night ??

Because of the dosh we all contribute at colonial why cant it be agreed that all collingwood games we sit at coventry end goals whats the bloody drama it obviously hasnt been a drams in the past why the change now ?

Excellent point mate.

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:58 am

With so many matches there this season lets hope it improves.

Definitely ruins the vibe that gets created (which is hard in such a cold, souless place)

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
Paul Keating on John Howard -
"He is the greatest job and investment destroyer since the bubonic plague."
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:24 am

Well said Greg J. With all the hassles Eddie gets about conflict of interest (which he makes an effort to ensure doesn't happen) - why does Collins get away with it???

GO PIES!
Marg

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:43 am

Collins gets away with it because he is buddy buddy with Wako Jako....

Lets hope this week the CS is in its rightful place and that the security back off.....otherwise I can see plenty of people not wanting to go and the dome will be doomed!

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:10 am

coppers out on the street and that are ok, but it seems as soon as they enter colonihole they turn into fun sheriff dickheads!!!

hehehe when they were *trying* to kick terry out (everyone was standing in the way so they couldnt haha), once they finally did there was still like FIFTEEN of them standing behind us then theres these two sheila coppers standing in front of me and adam telling us to 'shutup and watch the game' WELLLLL its a bit hard when theyre standing in the way!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:22 am

Indeed thanks to the boys who tried to stop the coppers...

I managed to get to see more of the match

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:23 am

Yes it was quite funny stuff......Its amazing how security just swarm and come from everywhere and the walkie talkies work over time and for what.......two mates having a dig at the Carlton supporters......Maybe the cops should get out on the street and prevent real crime instead.

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
funkster05 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:29 am

That's pretty interesting Tessa. So do the colors signify different ranks of authority or something? Or are different colors for different zones deemed to be varying levels crowd activity and disruption?

What a joke.

Telstra is truly becoming a boutique stadium.

Fortunately I haven't had many problems with the security at Telstra.... yet.

I had a Carlton supporter next to me calling all the Collingwood players and supporters poofs. Meanwhile, the 'security' staff just sat there and laughed. What wankers. Can't be bothered dealing with the real problems, as they're too busy on their power trips.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:50 am

yer terry, that first copper, THE FUN SHERIFF from on the ground, he nearly kills himself trying to race over the fence to get yous before you ESCAPED HIM lol, what an idiot!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
funkster05 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:47 pm

Interesting RE: color Tess.

This particular Carlton supporter that kept on yelling out 'poofs' didn't bother me too much (but completely understand why it would upset others). I just gave him a glare thats it. I just knew if I had have said something it would have erupted. What made me mad was the fact the security thought it was all funny. I didn't do anything because it was right at the end of the game, but i wish I had of just to wipe the grin of the filth's face.

It'll be interesting what happens with the security at the MCG this year with reduced capacity. I wonder whether it'll be any different.

[This message has been edited by funkster05 (edited 25 February 2003).]
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:20 pm

yer after prelim we were all singing the song over hundreds of times and the cops & security just stood back and laughed. They let it go on, because they knew no harm was comming out of it. We were all just having a good time and they knew that. I don't know why they at Telstra just can't let us have a good time. Whats the big deal with them.

I was extremely disappointed when I relised the CS was over the Lockett end. I was going to sit near the CS for the first time and when I relised the Carlton was sitting there, I moved to a better spot. I hope to sit near the CS at some of the home games at the G. If there's some gen. admiss. seating around there available. I hope the security is much better this week for you all.

Bec
Go Pies!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: