Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Suns - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Why would we completely bust a gut tonight? What would be the point?

Agreed. Glorified training run tonight, nothing more. Good opportunity to get a game into some people that haven't played for a while (i.e. Macaffer) and also get another game into our depth.

No major injuries which equals no reason to be disappointed.

Next.

(the reactionary calls on the back of such a game never cease to amaze me btw. The Collingwood Bigfooty board wants half the team delisted, lol)

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:07 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

We went back to April footy, when we weren't really using the press, and still won well. Nothing wrong with that at all. Being disappointed in margins is just silly. We won, nothing else to be said really.

Forget about the opposition. We need to be kicking into gear before finals.
It's not April anymore. Complacency is contagious & we were complacent tonight. Injuries are really hurting us as well. We need Dawes, Tooves, Dids & Beams back asap.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 pm

"Ben Johnson left the game late in the quarter clutching his shoulder and did not return": http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/119267/default.aspx

Does anyone know anything about this?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Finals are still 6 weeks away. We're very comfortable in the top 4.

Our goal is to get to the finals as fit as possible. If that means taking the foot off a little against the bottom teams, I'm okay with that. Our form's not an issue.

Also, let's not forget that the Suns are not entirely hopeless. They led Geelong for a half and have won a few games.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:21 pm

woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

We went back to April footy, when we weren't really using the press, and still won well. Nothing wrong with that at all. Being disappointed in margins is just silly. We won, nothing else to be said really.

Forget about the opposition. We need to be kicking into gear before finals.
It's not April anymore. Complacency is contagious & we were complacent tonight. Injuries are really hurting us as well. We need Dawes, Tooves, Dids & Beams back asap.

We got beaten by Hawthorn and nearly done by Adelaide in the last few weeks leading into finals last year. No signs of complacency comes finals though. We knew where we stood at that point, we had stitched up a top 4 position and our sole aim was about ensuring we were right to go in September, which we were.

Exactly the same situation now. People expecting us to be performing at our peak in such a game with the injuries we have and the opposition on offer are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

A hundred point completely convincing win tonight wouldn't make one iota of difference overall to our campaign this year. We'll be primed to go come week 1 of the finals, make no mistake about that.

Fatboy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Do you people honestly believe that Mick Malthouse would give Bluey Mckenna a 100 point plus thrashing?

There mates, and after what MM said about feeling sorry for opposition coach's that cop thrashing's.

Favour to Mckenna from MM in his last year as coaching, RESPECT!
BEAMER09 

Redlight wrote:
Didak
Beams
Dawes
Jolly
Wellingham
Toovey
Shaw

Thomas off with what appeared to be a corky for a good part of the match.

What do you guys want? If you took that quality out of any other side they'd get beaten by the mob we played tonight.

9 goal win was a great effort.

Absolutely spot on...

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

Did anyone hear the commentator on Fox Sports in the last quarter say "these two great clubs". Excuse me? Gold Coast is already a great club? How hilarious was that call? Seriously, that's just plain stupid.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Our skill level and decision making was atrocious, that's what concerned me the most.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:24 pm

The 1st half was excellent, we did what we all wanted us to do which was belt the living crap out of them by 10 goals or so. The problem that most of us had (including myself) was that we didn't replicate that effort or result in the 2nd half which was dissappointing as I think most of us were getting ready to enjoy a 4 qtr smashing and it just didn't happen.

I completely understand that there is no point in busting a gut against GCS if you take the long-term premiership winning mindset into consideration. But...I say, just for once this season can't we just take an inferior side and give the fans a 4 qtr absolute destruction. I know we belted the Kangas by 117 points, but we could have won this game by 180 if we went flat stick. I hope we go flat stick in finals.......I wonder if we will or are we showing our best already this year? Is there more to show? Are we holding back?

Anyway, 9 goals is ok, move on I suppose. Still, been looking forward to this all season and I wanted more.

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Apart from the fact that any 9-goal win is a good win, at least we know that Collingwood can repeat tonight's dose in the finals. Meanwhile, the 'Aints and the Blooz are getting excited about 8-goal bags and party tricks from small forwards who consistently fail to show up in the big games.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm

I watched Ben Johnson in the rooms. He sung the song but looked either in pain or felt unwell. Foxtel said he may have got a stinger on the shoulder. ABC radio said he was feeling sick after the game. He didn't seem to have his shoulder strapped or holding his arm awkwardly. I'm waiting to hear more.

Daisy from all reports will be fine. Lots of ice and nice big bruise above the knee on the side of his left leg. Hopefully doesn't swell up.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm beginning to think Swan still has a leg problem. His scrappy kicking is much worse than its ever been.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

LeighBrownBrigade wrote:
Did anyone hear the commentator on Fox Sports in the last quarter say "these two great clubs". Excuse me? Gold Coast is already a great club? How hilarious was that call? Seriously, that's just plain stupid.

Some of the commentary was hilarious. How was Dunstall saying that Fasolo was "attacking" Toy on the ground when all he was doing was trying to get the ball off Toy who was holding it in. Just terrible.

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was pretty pedestrian. I love a good smashing too but we just have to trust that the club knows what's going on and they are planning everything to the nth degree.

I am a little concerned about our form as by this time last year we were really putting quality teams to the sword.

Sounds like we did enough just to get the result. Let's hope that come finals we will explode like we did against the Cats in the prelim last year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: