Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clarke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Zac is a pure ruckman (Like Wood). Not a forward/Ruck. Jolly is more of a forward/Ruck than Zac from what I've seen. Doubt he fits the L.Brown role. Not sure Zac would be any better than Wood.

Another Ruck would have to go if we took Zac. I still have hope for Wood. It's still not too late for him to have a break out year. I'm predicting it might be this year.
sq3 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm

I was suggesting getting him last year - but now his value has risen - I don't think he will be traded at all.

To suggest he is like Wood is not correct Zac is as mobile as Goodes and the Dockers played him as a ruck rover in several games this year.

I would swap him for Toovey no problems.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Zac is a different player than Wood. From my dealings with Zac he is more agressive and reads the play better. SQ3 is right, more a ruck rover.
killer Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:17 pm

are we serious about him culpirt?

Car'n the PIES!!!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:21 pm

We have talked to him, it will come down what we want to give to get him. It won't be Beams in my view.

From the lads that I know that are in discussion with clubs to be picked up. No club is promising anything because everything can change on what GWS does.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:37 pm

sq3 wrote:
I was suggesting getting him last year - but now his value has risen - I don't think he will be traded at all.

To suggest he is like Wood is not correct Zac is as mobile as Goodes and the Dockers played him as a ruck rover in several games this year.

I would swap him for Toovey no problems.

Correct. Can't be compared with Wood, think Nic Nat or that Bloke from GCS. Clarke can play second ruck as he is incredibly agile, Wood simply shouldn't and neither should Jolly.

I don't think we'd be a great chance of getting him. He's only 21 and extremely exciting. We'd be far more of a chance with Kepler Bradley, if we wanted him.

Who knows though, with Lyon's people skills Clarke may feel he's not going to get the opportunity he wants next year and decide to move on.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 pm

His build is different to woods also!

BARRACK HARD!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:41 pm

He will run through you. Woods won't.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 am

if we land this guy it would be a massive coup.
he is a realy promising footballer. has both skill and agression, something unfortunately cam wood does not have.

price to pay would be big $$ as he would be well sought after by opposition clubs.

would be happy to lose toovey / dick / mccarthy for this to happen, but i have a feeling we would need to offer a lot more.

beams to brissy for a first rounder / send pick to freo plus a player for clarke.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:42 am

Here's what the Dockers have at ruck (assuming they land Clark): Sandilands, Clark, Griffen, Clarke, Bradley.

Sandilands is the clear number 1. Z.Clarke's probably their number two as a ruck, but M.Clark will be the more certain first teamer due to his forward ability. Griffen is also a talent, and Bradley is coming off his best year where he kicked almost as many goals as Clark.

All of the listed players are probably good enough to be a starting player somewhere. You could fit Sandilands, Clark and Clarke in the starting team, and I'd expect that's what they'd go with. That being the case, it's Griffen and Bradley who'd be gettable, not Clarke. I'd think we would only be a chance of landing Clarke if he decided to move on. He's far too talented for Freo to decide he's surplus to requirements.

I'd offer any two of Beams, Toovey, Macaffer to get Clarke. Throw in McCarthy if need be.

themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:31 pm

We should trade Wood to Adelaide for a 2nd round pick and send that pick to Fremantle along with McArthy and Macaffer.

Our ruck department over the next few years would look great in Jolly & Clarke along with the potential of Witts and Ceglar.

Yes, I'm not a huge Wood fan, he did do a job ths year but Clarke was already shown more than him at Freo.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Culprit wrote:
Zac is a different player than Wood. From my dealings with Zac he is more agressive and reads the play better. SQ3 is right, more a ruck rover.

Culprit wrote:
We have talked to him, it will come down what we want to give to get him. It won't be Beams in my view.

From the lads that I know that are in discussion with clubs to be picked up. No club is promising anything because everything can change on what GWS does.

ok, I'm curious. Are you involved with the club or afl? Smile

ps. feel free to pm me if you don't wish to make it public

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:07 pm

If Collingwood were going to send a combination of players and picks it should be Toovey and McCarthy to Fremantle as Toovey gives them a top grade lock down defender (which they lack) and McCarthy gives them greater depth at midfield (which they need after losing Rhys Palmer).

The other trade should be Wood to GWS for their pick 31, or preferably a late first rounder (not likely though) which in turn can be forwarded onto Fremantle along with the aforementioned players for Zac Clarke.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:08 pm

frankiboy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Culprit wrote:

ok, I'm curious. Are you involved with the club or afl? :)

Pls feel free to make it public if you don't want to pm Frankiboy!

nulla 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:16 pm

watt price tully wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Culprit wrote:

ok, I'm curious. Are you involved with the club or afl? Smile

Pls feel free to make it public if you don't want to pm Frankiboy!

Or you can choose to remain silent on the matter... and we know what that means dont we Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: