Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

some one called the fev

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

rocketronnie wrote:
Big T wrote:
What's the risk for a club? Minimum wage mature age recruit for nothing who can kick a squillion goals. If he plays up you dump him as per contract, no dramas done. Not like the Lions who looked ridiculous after selling half the farm to get him and paying him huge bickies.

It's a totally different situation now and he I believe has learnt quite a bit from his previous issues and there is no risk to a club who needs him.

We will not be that club because we have a clear path and talent in the forward line, however other clubs would and should jump at him if they want to move from pretender to contender and are suitably placed.

Hahaha if you believe that, you'll believe anything... Wanna buy a bridge? I've got the West Gate, the Bolte, and the Mordialloc Creek Bridge going cheap..

Seriously thats an extremely dangerous assumption to be making - one others have made to their cost again, again, again and again. You can't trust a word that comes out of Fev's mouth when he's talking about himself and his issues...

I just think many people are simply over-reacting. You all sound like that woman of the Simpsons "Will somebody think of the children". So I am guessing that the Casey Scorpions now have a club full of alcoholic gamblers and the place is destitute after Fev stormed through and tore apart the moral fabric of the club? Haven't read that yet in the Hun.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Carlton knew they were getting a problem when Fevola came to their club, there were things they allowed him to continue to get away with. They admit they let him get away with shit, so he kept on doing it.

Brisbane seemed to inherit a Fevola that was at his worst, when a lot of his actions came back to bite him in the ass he hit rock bottom and thus stuffed that up. Fevola with his personal demons, and his crap under control can be an asset.

Just look at his last few games for the Scorpions, Collingwood can always tell him one stuff up he's gone. I am mixed to the idea of Fevola.... part of me likes the prospect of the player Fevola, but the baggage.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 pm

I must admit I'm beginning to warm again to the Fevolution. The more I look at it the more inclined I am to think it would be at minimal risk. One stuff up and he's out, no questions asked, now not even he'd be stupid enough to go down that path again. Even if so, we're a strong club, lead by strong people and I doubt anything Fev could do would harm it. Probably put a little dent in it but we've got enough good stuff going on to evercome that. He'd only further damage his own image, if that were even possible. We could do it without him but I think the Fev would only enhance our prospects of another flag
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm

He's not called the Human Headline for nothing. So if you guys are seriously warming to the idea of the club getting Fevola, I hope you also accept that he will bring his own media circus to town.

Every tabloid hack you claim to despise will be watching his every move, waiting for the slightest slip. No, it doesn't say anything for said hacks - but that's the reality that awaits any club foolish enough to pick him up. Does Collingwood need that distraction in Buckley's first year as coach? I don't think so.

Those who naively say he's cleaned up his act now are not only making a dangerous assumption, they're ignoring Fevola's atrocious personal history. The man has had more relapses than Charlie Sheen. He has a long history of poor training habits, poor recovery and rehabilitation patterns, and especially for being a malign influence on younger players. And that's the stuff that doesn't make the papers.

They're also not asking themselves the obvious football-related questions. The fact is we don't need him. We have two very capable key forwards. Bring in Fevola and most likely you stunt Dawes, asking him to play, perhaps, Leigh Brown's role - one he's not really equipped for and which exposes him to further injury. Collingwood's problems in attack are on the flanks - we need to retain Macaffer far more than we need to "get Fev".

If Collingwood was to get Fev, franki, I'd dispute your assertion that we're a strong club led by strong people. It would be a terrible call. Fev is both destructive and disruptive. Saying "one stuff-up and he's gone" sounds to me like a tacit acceptance of the inevitable. Which it is.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm

I am not really saying get Fevola, i am just saying that Fevola the player has positives, but they are hidden by Fevola the person. I am sure Fevola still has some issues, and maybe Collingwood can assist someway in making Fevola a model person too.

Not to say it'd happen, but you never know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:14 pm

It was actually more of a pre-emptive response to the inevitable 'he will stuff up again' assertions. I honestly don't believe he'd be silly enough to repeat that. Especially when there's a Premiership at stake. Now even he'd know that this would be the best and only realistic chance he'd ever have of being part of one. Don't get me wrong though. He'd be handy, not essential
Harvey 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 pm

I would be all for this if we did not have Dawes. The biggest risk is the message it sends to the playing group that we're so willing to bring in this trouble-maker to take up someone as loyal as Dawe's spot during our premiership window.

Unless of course, we get Dawe's to take over the Leigh Brown role and Fev to take Dawe's role.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm

^ Yeah, good point. I'd go with your last line
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:07 pm

No one called him, that spud of a manager of his wants his name in the news.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Culprit wrote:

Hey now, that spud of a manger was a Magpie. Razz

....and a bomber. Embarassed

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Culprit wrote:

I reckon you're right. Otherwise why are they opening their mouths about it now?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:50 pm

That Spud is the only guy I know that rips a hamstring off the bone falling off a massage table. No one wants Fevola.

I will put it to you, if some AFL club had contacted Fevola about, why is Fev and his manager talking to at least three Local Football club's about playing for them next year? lol

In saying that, my view is best suited at local level he will enjoy his football and less pressure.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
He's not called the Human Headline for nothing. So if you guys are seriously warming to the idea of the club getting Fevola, I hope you also accept that he will bring his own media circus to town.

Every tabloid hack you claim to despise will be watching his every move, waiting for the slightest slip. No, it doesn't say anything for said hacks - but that's the reality that awaits any club foolish enough to pick him up. Does Collingwood need that distraction in Buckley's first year as coach? I don't think so.

Those who naively say he's cleaned up his act now are not only making a dangerous assumption, they're ignoring Fevola's atrocious personal history. The man has had more relapses than Charlie Sheen. He has a long history of poor training habits, poor recovery and rehabilitation patterns, and especially for being a malign influence on younger players. And that's the stuff that doesn't make the papers.

They're also not asking themselves the obvious football-related questions. The fact is we don't need him. We have two very capable key forwards. Bring in Fevola and most likely you stunt Dawes, asking him to play, perhaps, Leigh Brown's role - one he's not really equipped for and which exposes him to further injury. Collingwood's problems in attack are on the flanks - we need to retain Macaffer far more than we need to "get Fev".

If Collingwood was to get Fev, franki, I'd dispute your assertion that we're a strong club led by strong people. It would be a terrible call. Fev is both destructive and disruptive. Saying "one stuff-up and he's gone" sounds to me like a tacit acceptance of the inevitable. Which it is.

Great post.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Well, Ed's always been keen. Who knows?
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:10 pm

I have no doubt Ricky is trying to get Fevolas name out there, it's perfect management by him. At least that spud wasn't doing what Tooveys manager was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: