Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams and Club send message to Trav

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a message to not just Cloke but to the members.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 am

So much negativity towards a player who WANTS to lock himself away as a Magpie for life, the club won't come to the party

Of course its easier to sign up Beams, he wasnt looking for a long term deal, that suits the club
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 am

Lock himself away as a magpie for life?

So he'd accept say, $700K for the first 4 years, and $250K for the 5th?

That would make him a Pie for life...... wouldnt it? And that's what he wants, right? To be a Pie for life?

He should change his name from Travis to Mercenary.

ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

eddiesmith wrote:
So much negativity towards a player who WANTS to lock himself away as a Magpie for life, the club won't come to the party

There is a river of shit between want and do

E 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Beams and Club send message to TravReply with quote

ClokingDevice wrote:
No 'i' in Beams

By Jennifer Witham

Travis Cloke remains out of contract despite several other Magpies re-signing
Beams happy 'to pay price'

"[THEY have put] their careers over and above everything else."

That was the declaration of Collingwood's director of football Geoff Walsh when announcing Dayne Beams had joined others in recommitting to the club.

Whether intended or not, one of the by-products of the Travis Cloke saga is that any word coming out of Collingwood referring to contracts can be interpreted as a dig at the unsigned forward.

It's been three weeks since the Pies declared contract talks with Cloke were on hold until the season's end after drawn-out negotiations that had spilled into the public arena became too consuming.

Still, the situation surrounding his future remains glaringly present.

On Thursday, the Pies confirmed Beams' three-year contract extension, which was all but finalised a month ago, and the fact they're nearing more announcements.

The finer points nutted out, the club held a press conference with Beams and Walsh to formally discuss the news.

This wasn't unusual. A re-signed player is usually given the opportunity to talk about why he chose to remain at his club - earlier this year, Scott Pendlebury, Heath Shaw, Lachlan Keeffe and Steele Sidebottom spoke of their new deals on the Pies' Foxtel show, The Club.

What was a little different was the fact Walsh opened the press conference with a statement that firmly emphasised how delighted the club was with Beams' commitment.

"He joins a number of players who this year have underlined their commitment to the footy club, and who have put the fact they want to be part of something that hopefully produces some great results in their careers over and above everything else, whether that be financial reward or anything else you'd like to talk about," Walsh said.

"Dayne's the latest example of our players committing to the club and to what they hope may be some success around the corner."

Nudge one, one minute in.

Beams' turn.

He was asked how good it felt to get it out of the way, given the time of year.

"It's out of my mind and I suppose that's a good thing going into finals. You want to have as little distractions as possible and it's good to get it done and get a good result," Beams said.

Nudge two, although slightly more subtle.

It's no secret Cloke has been struggling with his form, and many believe it's because of the lingering contract situation.

Back to Walsh, where he directed a comment towards players who craved personal success.

"[Beams], like the other guys that have committed, are looking at team success and knowing that if we get team success, the individual success will follow," Walsh said.

Then, when asked if Cloke's halted talks enabled Beams' signing: "It has nothing to do with it. We work to a plan, we plan these things fairly meticulously, more than a year out.

"We've got a plan that hopefully everyone who wants to be part of Collingwood, we'll be able to accommodate them.

"The thing is, you've got to want to be part of Collingwood, so if you want to be part of Collingwood, we'll be able to accommodate you."

And, from Beams, when asked if his actions delivered a message to his out-of-contract teammates: "I don't know what goes on inside other guys' heads but for me it was just, if you want to be at a successful organisation, I think you've got to pay a price sometimes.

"I think we've seen over the years at Geelong, with those teams and successful sides, all their players have stuck together and as you can see now, they've been a really successful team for a long period of time.

"That's where this club wants to get to and that's where hopefully I fit into it, and I want to be a part of it."

Nudge, nudge, and shove.

While Cloke was never mentioned by name by either Beams or Walsh, he didn't really need to be for the message to be read as such - it's your call, and your loss, in our eyes, if you decide to go.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/144794/default.aspx

But there is "me". Leave Cloke alone. Let him do what he needs to do and support him while he is a magpie! Ironically, the shit that is being heaped on him is more likely to make it more likely he'll leave.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Beams has shown great loyalty and foresight. Great for the young fella, well done young man.! Cloke should tell Demir to get knotted and sign as soon as he can like Beams, grow a set and tell Demir to f-ck off pronto.

i think you all need to remember that when Travis was beams age he also signed a very reasonable three year contract. Accordingly he has basically been massively underpaid for the last three years.

Beams is going from rags to riches with this contract. its massive for him and is very very lucrative deal for a kid.

See what Beams asks for after he wins a copeland and become one of the top two players in his position for 3-4 yrs.

People need to understand everyone is different and in different siituations.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Cloke was underpaid last year, but not in 2010.

And he is still the only player on the list demanding he be paid market rates, while everyone else has accepted far less to stay.

But that's OK, let's all feel sorry for Travis who has been horribly underpaid. The poor diddums.

Given that Pendlebury or Thomas could have gone to GWS and been on a million and a half this year, who exactly is getting underpaid?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Deja Vu wrote:

And he is still the only player on the list demanding he be paid market rates, while everyone else has accepted far less to stay.

But that's OK, let's all feel sorry for Travis who has been horribly underpaid. The poor diddums.

Given that Pendlebury or Thomas could have gone to GWS and been on a million and a half this year, who exactly is getting underpaid?

You can also add Swan to that list.......... Rolling Eyes

I have not said one bad word about Cloke and still wont.

However I always try to put myself in the shoes of the person concerned before any judgement. IF I REALLY wanted to be a part of Collingwood and future success at Collingwood only instead of elsewhere, I KNOW that I would have signed by now because the LOVE of money is the root of all evil, not necessarily money itself...... Cool
E 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Deja Vu wrote:

not sure that Travis is asking for his market value.....

rumors were he wanted 800k per annum for 5 yrs and the club said no. then he asked for 900 per for 4 yrs and club said no. his market value is $1 million per yr for 5 yrs, or at least that will be the smallest offer sheet he delivers to the club in September. if Carlton get in a bidding war, who knows where it goes. Could see it get to 1.1 over 5 very easily.

So the guy is asking for 20% under his market value and we lambast him, becasue the club got silly over a fifth year.

sorry, i would like Travis to sign on the dotted line just like everyone else, but remember, we stopped negotiations so that eddie everywhere could go to the olympics. cant happen right now so no point continually sniping him.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 pm

And what offers do you think Pendles could have brought from GWS if he had chosen to whore himself publicly? Given that they are paying Scully 1.8M this year?

Seriously, it's time to call a spade a $£$%^%%$ shovel.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 pm

ClokingDevice wrote:
What Walsh and Beams said was hardly speculation, they made it very clear how the club and players feel about this situation

Wasn't talking Walsh and Beams...

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:27 pm

E wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

not sure that Travis is asking for his market value.....

rumors were he wanted 800k per annum for 5 yrs and the club said no. then he asked for 900 per for 4 yrs and club said no. his market value is $1 million per yr for 5 yrs, or at least that will be the smallest offer sheet he delivers to the club in September. if Carlton get in a bidding war, who knows where it goes. Could see it get to 1.1 over 5 very easily.

So the guy is asking for 20% under his market value and we lambast him, becasue the club got silly over a fifth year.

sorry, i would like Travis to sign on the dotted line just like everyone else, but remember, we stopped negotiations so that eddie everywhere could go to the olympics. cant happen right now so no point continually sniping him.

I STILL see WANTING to stay at Collingwood as a different issue to the market value and amount of money offered, demanded, promised, paid etc.

I'm sure that Swan, Thomas, Pendles, Beams, Sidey and many others could have all got more money at other clubs if they were all wanting to be paid their market value (or in the case of the first three mentioned) even 20% under market value.... Rolling Eyes

I agreed with the Club on putting the Cloke stuff on hold and it had simply nothing to do with the bloody Olympics. Every damn paper, magazine, TV and radio footy shows were constantly adding their two cents worth each day! FFS, even my son's school English class were debating this issue as a formal education process Shocked

Enough was enough and it HAD to stop before the season was totally bloody stuffed up for Collingwood... Mad

I honestly think Cloke no longer WANTS to stay at Collingwood and that is HIS right and choice to make. Otherwise he would have signed by now.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Absolutely I agree, he should sign for 150,000 a year because he loves the club and his teammates....
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:34 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Absolutely I agree, he should sign for 150,000 a year because he loves the club and his teammates....

simple proof you have the intelligence of a Cloke.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 pm

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Beams has shown great loyalty and foresight. Great for the young fella, well done young man.! Cloke should tell Demir to get knotted and sign as soon as he can like Beams, grow a set and tell Demir to f-ck off pronto.

i think you all need to remember that when Travis was beams age he also signed a very reasonable three year contract. Accordingly he has basically been massively underpaid for the last three years.

Beams is going from rags to riches with this contract. its massive for him and is very very lucrative deal for a kid.

See what Beams asks for after he wins a copeland and become one of the top two players in his position for 3-4 yrs.

People need to understand everyone is different and in different siituations.

IF he gave us the output of Buddy or Hawkins I would agree with you, but his form has been way down since that stupid Footy Show debacle. Confused Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: