Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Daisy plans on staying a Pie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotch, your comments will fall on a lot of deaf ears. fwiw, I agree with you, 100 %.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Can we keep all Thomas speculation in this thread.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Let's not fall into the media trap. The papers have to report on something and it was inevitable that they would discuss the Thomas contract situation.

We all predicted it earlier in the year on Nicks that Daisy would be the talk of the town in 2013. He still has another year left on his contract, so let's not jump on the bandwagon of accusing him to being un-loyal to the club. He re-signed with us a few years ago and there isn't any evidence to say he won't do it again in the near future, even though Mick has left the club, to whom Daisy was apparently very close to at the time.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:27 pm

FFS, seriously, if we go through this crap again with people ripping into players based on media BS and the fact that they haven't signed a contract yet I am going to reach through some peoples computer monitors, rip out their reproductive organs and shove them down their throats. Evil or Very Mad

Daisy has said he wants to stay, he will go through a negotiation process and the media will pump up the possibility of him leaving to get people to read articles and attract advertisers.

If you're stupid enough to believe that stuff and let it upset you, you're too stupid to be on the internet without supervision.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
FFS, seriously, if we go through this crap again with people ripping into players based on media BS and the fact that they haven't signed a contract yet I am going to reach through some peoples computer monitors, rip out their reproductive organs and shove them down their throats. Evil or Very Mad

Daisy has said he wants to stay, he will go through a negotiation process and the media will pump up the possibility of him leaving to get people to read articles and attract advertisers.

If you're stupid enough to believe that stuff and let it upset you, you're too stupid to be on the internet without supervision.

I think we should copy and paste this into one of the 100 Cloke threads... since Cloke also said he wanted to stay but we had to go through months of people taking the medias word for it that he was going to leave.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:

[b]If you're stupid enough to believe that stuff and let it upset you, you're too stupid to be on the internet without supervision[/b].

Now that's what I call an antidote for believing everything Journos throw your way.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:30 pm

We are all going to have to get used to this sort of saga year in year out.

However, if I was heading our football department, I'd have a policy of finalising these contracts before the start of a players last season. In this case that would mean negotiating between October to March. This would require the club to put its absolute best offer to the player and requiring him to accept or reject it before their final season kicks off. If he rejects it, then he plays out his last season and is let go at season's end.

This would prevent the season destroying Cloke saga ever happening again.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Pies just need to handle this one a bit better for the sake of the playing group. Less media comment.

As some have said we just have to get used to it. Its Just another year with out of contract players. Pendles is up in 2014 is he not? In other words it will keep happening and we just have to learn to observe and trust in our footy department without setting ourselves on fire and running in circles screaming.

People also have to understand and respect that some supporters aren't necessarily "panicking" or "getting fooled by media" but rather they just desperately don't want contract negotiations to impact another year. I think that's understandable and should be respected, hence the legitimacy of the thread.

Just MO.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We are all going to have to get used to this sort of saga year in year out.

However, if I was heading our football department, I'd have a policy of finalising these contracts before the start of a players last season. In this case that would mean negotiating between October to March. This would require the club to put its absolute best offer to the player and requiring him to accept or reject it before their final season kicks off. If he rejects it, then he plays out his last season and is let go at season's end.

This would prevent the season destroying Cloke saga ever happening again.

Wonderful in theory and I'd suggest most clubs would prefer to do this. Problem is, Players (and their managers) prefer to wait to test the players market value as part of the negotiations, and back themselves to have a good season increasing their value.

All turns to shite if they have a bad season or an injury obviously.

Daisy had an average 2012, I'd suggest he'll want to get some runs on the board to increase his value rather than sign a renewal based on 2012 performance.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm

I like Daisy, I believe he will stay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: