Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Standing up for Maxwell!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
we are off to a good start in the defence of our captain. good work Laddy.

Thank you Mr E.

I was at The G last night and was appalled to hear some of the comments from Magpie fans about our captain.

Sure, he will make mistakes, and sometimes he will play "shockers" but he's a heart-and-soul sort of bloke and it just doesn't seem the same when he's not out there.

The time will come when someone else takes over; whoever that is, they have mighty big shoes to fill.

Maxy's story as a footballer at the elite level is one of rags to riches and I'm hoping it has a fairy tale end.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:42 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
I love how people like to think they know more than Bucks and the rest of the coaching staff and match committee, they rate Maxy and they know what is asked of him, that's enough for me.

Enough said.
Staggers me this board sometimes.
He can play bad games, didn't think last night was one of them. Like last week he gave us plenty of run and won the ball putting body on the line.

Swanny glowingly enforced him today on the radio.
Said he's the best captain he's played under. Not the first time he's made the comments.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:45 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
I tend to call it like it is, and not get all precious about our team or players like posters to this board do.

Your words.....piss off maxwell, your the worst premiership captain we've ever had.

I stand by what said.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Do you think I could ever be a result was difficult to do what this thread did so thank you for summing it up?
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:54 pm

BHPIE wrote:
zeros ,you call him precious ? yet you have a SOOK about being called a dick ?
Getting back to Maxy ,one of the top captains in th AFL, an organizer out on the ground and very handy player.

Huh?? Get your story straight brother.........no one called me a dick. If your going to chime in at least understand the actual thing your commenting on.

Only thing I was sooking about was copping a warning from the mods over what initially was me defending the captain.

Tannin was nice enough to get in my ear today and Cool my head and thanks to his level advice, I've moved on.

In the wash though I stand by my initial comment, maxwell may not be our greatest player now, but he was, is and always will be a premiership captain and people should have the same respect they offer other players in thier latter years decline, especially here in nicks.

Nuff said.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:59 pm

There you go.......my initial post on this threads been deleted again and yet was offensive to no one.

Sigh.

Don't think there's much point to nicks for me anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 pm

I have had a look to see if id made a blue zeros,and as u have said its been deleted,..and i did not see any reason for your post to be deleted
cant say if i was wrong but if I was and I often go off half arsed, then Im sorry.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:52 pm

piedys wrote:
Thought he was serviceable last night, we've seen him play worse.

True. But when he loses the captaincy (and it has to be next season) he will struggle to get a game. It's fairly demoralising leaving far more talented players out of the side when he continues to get a game. This has been Maxwell's worst year and I suspect as he loses that yard of pace he will be finished. I was disturbed at how many times he went to ground last night. That is fatal for a defender. He doesn't have the ability to win one-on-one contests, and he knows this. That is why I suspect he hangs off his opponent by 10 metres or so as it then appears he is late to a contest and can't take the blame for being beaten by his direct opponent.

Maxwell will always be a premiership captain, but you can only carry a player for so long.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:56 pm

And then what happened?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Club legend, who saved a premiership for us with one of the great grand final marks and rebound attacks.

If he is good enough for the coach, he's good enough for me. Thought he did some very nice things last night.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 pm

As much as I have been a fan of Maxy, and I still think he's a great captain, it's getting to the stage now that if he wasn't the captain, he would struggle to be in the best 22.
My hope is that he sees the writing on the wall at seasons end and retires on his terms. I'd hate to see a premiership captain and hero like him finish his career languishing in the twos, which is what will happen if he isn't skipper next year.
magpie1111 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm

is maxy is good courage will never desert him and the players love him for that
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:20 am

September Zeros wrote:
There you go.......my initial post on this threads been deleted again and yet was offensive to no one.

Sigh.

Don't think there's much point to nicks for me anymore.

you gotta work with the mods SZ. They are rarely fair (they favor longtime members over newer ones and they favor people who share their views). But they are the bosses and this site is bigger than them. Ultimately there is a happy medium as long as you just play by their rules.

They are actually fairer than most other mods on most other sites.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:49 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
When you're at the game and sit high in the sdtands you can see why he is always beaten by his opponent. He never stands next to an opponent, always points fin fingers for others to pick players up, and generally stands 10m off ANYONE. I thought his game was ATROCIOUS last night.

If Maxwell was the player you seem to think he is, always gets beaten, never takes an opponent and pushes responsibility onto other defenders then you'd think that someone at Collingwood - President, Coach, Assistant Coaches, Board Members, Medical staff or perhaps other players - would've noticed.

You should let the club know, it seems he's pulling the wool over the eyes of the entire organisation.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 am

jack_spain wrote:
piedys wrote:
Thought he was serviceable last night, we've seen him play worse.

True. But when he loses the captaincy (and it has to be next season) he will struggle to get a game. It's fairly demoralising leaving far more talented players out of the side when he continues to get a game. This has been Maxwell's worst year and I suspect as he loses that yard of pace he will be finished. I was disturbed at how many times he went to ground last night. That is fatal for a defender. He doesn't have the ability to win one-on-one contests, and he knows this. That is why I suspect he hangs off his opponent by 10 metres or so as it then appears he is late to a contest and can't take the blame for being beaten by his direct opponent.

Maxwell will always be a premiership captain, but you can only carry a player for so long.

I think to suggest that Maxy would hang off opponents in order to not get the blame is an unnecessary slight on his character. His powers may be in decline, his role as captain may best be someone else's next year but don't give me the view that Maxy is hiding so that someone such as yourself can not blame him for being beaten. I do not think we can slight his character and your post does exactly that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: