Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Blues worse than Bombers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrysz wrote:
I say again, Carlton deliberately cheated the salary cap.
I doubt that it will be proved that Essendon deliberately cheated.

So what do you call taking performance enhancing drugs if it's not "deliberate cheating"? Was it only accidentally cheating?

"Oh, sorry Mr Umpire, I don't know how that needle got stuck in my arm, must have slipped."

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah I would prefer it if the Bombers were sent off in disgrace, and the Blues were the ones we inflicted a demoralising finals clobbering upon.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Are you guys serious?
Take away Essendon's points for 2014?
Great! Who would come to the Anzac Day match if Essendon had nothing to play for.
Loss of draft picks is a serious penalty.
Maybe suspend Hird if that's warranted, but taking away premiership points would be a huge mistake.
I say again, Carlton deliberately cheated the salary cap.
I doubt that it will be proved that Essendon deliberately cheated.
As said by others, if points are taken away this will finish up in Court and will drag on forever.
Let's get rid of this mess!
Punish them sure, but don't go over the top.
And all you Nicksters who want Essendon to lose their points, do you really want to see Carlton get to the finals?

OH I don't know, just on Anzac day and no Hirds turds, im sure if that powerhouse team GWS showed up, thatd pack out the G, surely Question Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Don't deny them draft picks!
I want to see them keep their picks. Picks like they used for number 2 in the National Draft for Scott Gumbleton.
Clubs would kill for a number 2 pick and look who those duds chose. Why deny them the chance to be this stupid again, especially since they overlooked;
T Boak, J Selwood, B Reid, K Tippett, N Brown, J Riewoldt, M Leuwenberger, J Frawley, T Goldstein for good old Gumby.
Yaban 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Any players found guilty of taking illegal/non-sanctioned substances should get 2 year bans and have any awards stripped.
All this 6 month suspension is crap created by media misinformation. The hypocrisy of the Australian media in showing sympathy for the Tullamarine Homeless' players while vilifying Armstrong, Chinese swim team, Jamaican atheletes etc is a disgrace. Football is a game, if you cheat, piss off.

If there are multiple players in a club orchestrated doping then the club should be deregistered or banned from the league for 2 years. I know this won't happen but if the rumours are true the club has no place in the AFL.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am

Frankly, while I believe players who take PEDs should be banned for 2 years, I would be inclined to forgive the Bomber players on the grounds that they were just doing what the Club Saviour, His Assistant, The Medico and the Football Manager ie the Gods who run the place, told them to do because they assured them it was all right.

To my mind, Hird, Corcoran, Reid and Thompson (and anyone else involved) should be banned from all football involvement for a minimum 5 years (and Reid deregistered from the AMA). They were the people who were making the decisions, who had full responsibility invested in them by the club, who were trusted by the players, who had full knowledge of what they were doing, and chose not to keep the players fully informed. How long did Robbie Waterhouse get for the Fine Cotton ring-in? How long do horse trainers get for doping their nags? Same situation - treat the players as the horses and ban the trainers.

As for premiership points and draft picks, I couldn't care less, in fact I'd say leave them alone so as not to alienate so many fellow footy fans who have done nothing wrong. But show no mercy for the guilty parties. Evans and Robson resigned because they didn't know what was going on. Those that did should bear the full brunt.

MOTR 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:13 am

And the young Chinese athletes have less faith in their coaches? Ridiculous argument, unless you want to spread the mercy around.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:13 am

The players have to do time, and the administrators who allowed it to happen need to be banned for life. Players who haven't cooperated should be suspended for 2 years. Those who have should get 6 months. Dont like the idea of fining Essendon as it will reduce their ability to compensate the players who decide to sue. Perhaps the AFL should fine the club and put this money aside to ensure Essendon is able to make these payments.

Strongly agree with this point

Quote:
As for premiership points and draft picks, I couldn't care less, in fact I'd say leave them alone so as not to alienate so many fellow footy fans who have done nothing wrong. But show no mercy for the guilty parties. Evans and Robson resigned because they didn't know what was going on. Those that did should bear the full brunt.

Last edited by MOTR on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:29 am; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 am

What are your goals in life?
MOTR 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:31 am

HAL wrote:
What are your goals in life?

I'm not sure they necessarily included communicating with a bot at 4:30 in the morning.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 am

What's your favourite movie?
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:57 am

Tannin, if it can be shown that the -players took performance-enhancing drugs then they'll be issued with infraction notices and subsequently banned.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:17 am

Harrysz wrote:
Tannin, if it can be shown that the -players took performance-enhancing drugs then they'll be issued with infraction notices and subsequently banned.

Huh? WTF? Of course. Who would question that? If it ever gets to that stage, the players concerned are looking at an almost automatic 2-year ban, exactly the same as a weightlifter or a cyclist with fluorescent piss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: