Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood circling Christian

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Salem is the best of the lot...
Warbler 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 am

An elite kick - sounds good to me & if we can get him at pick 10 sounds even better .

Go Pies
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:39 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
lol we have had 30 players picked for us at pick 6 and 10

Do all 30 have to share the 2 first year player salary packages?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:32 am

Big T wrote:
30% of the players described are similar to Luke Hodge. If it says he is a low down sniper, umpires pet and all round shit bloke, then yeah, the player is similar to Hodge.

In all seriousness, they should state the obvious flaws, weaknesses and negatives of these players as well as talking up the positives and strengths. I have hardly read anything really bad or negative about the top 30 or so draft choices, they all sound like absolute bloody guns......... Rolling Eyes
dave_swan 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

like the look of salem but not at 6. Are we still looking like taking bontempelli. Personally I'd like to see one of the top 5 slips to us. Are we any chance to get Aish or Billings?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

dave_swan wrote:
Are we any chance to get Aish or Billings?

Can I take that as a question without notice and let you know the answer next Thursday night??? Razz Twisted Evil
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Latest buzz is that we will go for Scharenberg at 6 and would love McCarthey at 10. Last week lenno was the strong tip and the week before that is was Bontempelli.

I want a hard-nut, running defender with sublime foot skills and err......a brain. Any of them available Dave?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:11 am

Would have been a far better headline if it was Brisbane after him.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 am

stui magpie wrote:
Would have been a far better headline if it was Brisbane after him.

Wink Very Happy

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
I want a hard-nut, running defender with sublime foot skills and err......a brain. Any of them available Dave?

Yep. There is a fella named Heath Shaw, one of the best running defenders in the comp. Foot skills aren't quite what you want but he has so many other great qualities that this won't worry you. Oh, and he has a brain. no worries about that.

Eh?

What's that you say?

Oh, you want a hard-nut, running defender with sublime foot skills and a brain that works on match day. Right. Well, sorry, but you should have said that in the first place.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 pm

5150 wrote:
Salem is the best of the lot...

I see what you did there, too subtle but nice anyway Wink Wink

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Lets get him. If he fails burn him. If that fails drown him. If he dies he's a witch. if he dosnt....he's a duck.
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Lazza wrote:
Big T wrote:
30% of the players described are similar to Luke Hodge. If it says he is a low down sniper, umpires pet and all round shit bloke, then yeah, the player is similar to Hodge.

In all seriousness, they should state the obvious flaws, weaknesses and negatives of these players as well as talking up the positives and strengths. I have hardly read anything really bad or negative about the top 30 or so draft choices, they all sound like absolute bloody guns......... Rolling Eyes

So TRUE Lazza. Reading the same glowing appraisals of players in the third and fourth rounds makes me think what a load of BS.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:04 am

Usually I take very little interest in the draft until I see our actual picks, but I guess it's indicative of our disappointing year that I'm looking to 2014 eagerly.

Hine has always said that Collingwood takes the BEST player available. Now I'm assuming he really means that we take the best player available that fits our NEEDS.
I think we need 2 types this year:
a big bodied mid who can run and kick. We have Pendles, Swan, Beams and Ball, but we need a hard bodied ready made player to assist now.
a strong marking defender who has great pace and A1 foot skills. Should be 2 or 3 available at pick 10. This is the Shaw replacement. Having picked up Adams, we can now opt for two running defenders with great foot skills. Watching our defenders over the last 2 years, I think we must recruit players that have great foot skills and speed. In our losses to Hawthorn, Freo and Essendon earlier, we gave up the ball from defence far too easily and were killed on the rebound.
I say that we take two tall defenders who can be developed to also play midfield.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:13 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Usually I take very little interest in the draft until I see our actual picks, but I guess it's indicative of our disappointing year that I'm looking to 2014 eagerly.

Hine has always said that Collingwood takes the BEST player available. Now I'm assuming he really means that we take the best player available that fits our NEEDS.
I think we need 2 types this year:
a big bodied mid who can run and kick. We have Pendles, Swan, Beams and Ball, but we need a hard bodied ready made player to assist now.
a strong marking defender who has great pace and A1 foot skills. Should be 2 or 3 available at pick 10. This is the Shaw replacement. Having picked up Adams, we can now opt for two running defenders with great foot skills. Watching our defenders over the last 2 years, I think we must recruit players that have great foot skills and speed. In our losses to Hawthorn, Freo and Essendon earlier, we gave up the ball from defence far too easily and were killed on the rebound.
I say that we take two tall defenders who can be developed to also play midfield.

I like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: