Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
Rubbish thread. Still one of our most important players in terms of our structure and diverts a lot of attention so that others can spring up.

No way he gets dropped. Even the coach finally expressed the view that he does not get looked after adequately by the umpires too.

He'll work through it. He is too good a player.

Bring Reid in u forward too and it stretches opposition defences even further and makes Travis' life easier.

Drop Trav and you'll hear Brad Scott and the Norf defenders breathing an audible sigh of relief from the Westpac Centre.

Thank Christ these wombats aren't on the selection committee.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 am

No doubt the big fella is struggling at the moment but I'm quite sure he'll come good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:41 am

^ that's what they said about John Holmes and look what happened Shocked
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:00 am

We cannot drop Travis ever. He plays a significant role in the side, a role so important that we cannot afford to lose. Travis takes out of the game one of the oppositions best defenders. Without Travis anchored to the square the full back would be running around everywhere creating all kinds of trouble.

The question is this. Is this role worth $800k per season?

MONCO: Your life.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:26 am

He got flogged by the tigers 3rd defender, a kid who's played only a handful of games, it's not good enough, if he doesn't improve over the next few weeks he has to be dropped IMO, we're wasting a shit load of forward entries for stuff all return.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 am

Sure, he's going through a bit of a form slump, but he'll come out of it and in the meantime, his presence alone, makes it easier for White and Elliott.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 am

Defender, there is simply no evidence for that. The stats are to the contrary.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:11 pm

If he's out of form - and we're obviously not going to drop him - it's up to our coaching staff to try to get the best out of him that we can, by trying to create/invent more opportunities for him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:23 pm

I disagree. I think the coaching staff should aim to have him play worse and deal with his poor contested marking by placing him in the goal square and never allowing the team to go inside 50. Our defence is doing well and we should play to our strengths.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
I am making the assumption that the OP never attends actual games. When at the game, it is clear to see the opposition back line forming up to counter Cloke. It leaves space for others to work in. Players like White draw a less fully defensive backman and he exploited that. Mids drop into holes around 30-40 out from goal as Cloke retreats to the goal square and drags key defenders with him. If you actually attended and watched the entire field you would see that.
I'm in no way advocating that Cloke's role is primarily that of a decoy, however it undeniable that his presence has a major impact on how the opposition structure themselves and that structuring is to our advantage.

^ Well said. I agree with all of that

Agree...

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I disagree. I think the coaching staff should aim to have him play worse and deal with his poor contested marking by placing him in the goal square and never allowing the team to go inside 50. Our defence is doing well and we should play to our strengths.

Love it!!!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:02 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
I am making the assumption that the OP never attends actual games. When at the game, it is clear to see the opposition back line forming up to counter Cloke. It leaves space for others to work in. Players like White draw a less fully defensive backman and he exploited that. Mids drop into holes around 30-40 out from goal as Cloke retreats to the goal square and drags key defenders with him. If you actually attended and watched the entire field you would see that.
I'm in no way advocating that Cloke's role is primarily that of a decoy, however it undeniable that his presence has a major impact on how the opposition structure themselves and that structuring is to our advantage.

Agree...

Also agree, and the thing is even if the ball is going to him, we should be expecting crumbs because of that - it's like when A.Rocca was playing but not kicking goals - doesn't matter because he was creating chances for our cumbers.

Personally, I'd like to see Sidebottom on a 25-30 meter chain attached to Cloke.... but that's just me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:34 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
sixpoints wrote:

Agree...

Also agree, and the thing is even if the ball is going to him, we should be expecting crumbs because of that - it's like when A.Rocca was playing but not kicking goals - doesn't matter because he was creating chances for our cumbers.

Personally, I'd like to see Sidebottom on a 25-30 meter chain attached to ------------------me.

oops, wrong thread Embarassed

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm

There was talk during the off season that Cloke had a back problem and I'm beginning to wonder if that was on the money.

Cloke seems to be having trouble getting separation in a marking contest when it comes to a battle of strength and this is not something he's had much trouble with in the past.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:54 pm

think positive wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
sixpoints wrote:

Agree...

Personally, I'd like to see Sidebottom on a 25-30 meter chain attached to ------------------me.

oops, wrong thread Embarassed

I'll pay that!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: