Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jack Frost

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting during the broadcast that they mentioned he'd had 2 hip operations during his final TAC year which crueled his draft chances. Obviously it's put him behind in his development but definitely coming on now.
Az 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Having an absolute ripper of a season, he is. Another Dekka Hine special, served with extra frosting!!!
Az 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:12 pm

My mates and I have now developed the term for the unfortunate player who opposes our man Jack. As soon as we see who he mans up, he is simply about to get "Frosted".
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:21 am

I love his hard attack on the ball / man too - they remember when they've been tackled by Frosty that's for sure!
Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:42 am

A good mate of mine up until this year was a Carlton recruiting officer. His role was to go to a VFL game every week and at years end recommend VFL players to Carlton worthy of recruiting. At the end of 2012 his report had 4 players. The first was from frankston whose name escapes me but second was Sam Dwyer, 3rd Jack Frost and 4th Kyle Martin. They were his only players he recommended. Good to see his own club listened to him. He was extremely impressed with frost in that he won't get a lot of kicks but he was a very stingy player with great closing speed. I remember him saying how well collingwood recruited and they will be a strong team in the future with these players and the players from the draft. He wasn't too complimentary of his own club. Oh the irony really.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Been a Fan since we Drafted him

yes i was very disappointed to see the lad cut down by injury last year.
he showed much upside in his footy.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:30 am

Just wait until this kid has 50 games under his belt. Is already a fantastic defender. But much more to come.
virgomag 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Yep, I'm a Frosty fan. Also having a look at our VFL side today we have some great talent up and coming and I think the depth being so healthy is creating a fierce but good rivalry to get a position in the seniors. Loving the ferocity at the ball, the pressure and tackling, appear to have a long list of hard nuts and it's great!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:45 pm

The kid has the whole package right down to the white hair to go with the name Razz Laughing
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 pm

His parents were certainly taking the piss when they named him Jack.

P.S-I'm certain he's at least a quarter albino.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 am

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:04 am

Great pictures MagpieMad Very Happy

The Iceman is ripping his opponents apart!

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:11 am

King Monkey wrote:
Wasn't sold on him earlier on. Based on his glimpses last year and practice matches this year, I thought he struggled reading the flight of the ball, which is a fairly crucial prerequisite for a key defender.
Don't know what I was watching!!

How good has he been so far this year?!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree, not sure what u were watching. His timing is elite. Able to read the ball as well as Reid and Maxwell and had elite closing speed.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:57 am

He reminds me of an albino Rod "Tilt" Carter.

Tough, mean, surly and no nonsense.

He hates forwards and hates to lose. I love him.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:35 pm

MagpieMad wrote:

If Frost goes for that then that sniper Gibson (Hawthorn no.6) should get a month for leaping elbow first into Conca today - absolutely no attempt at the ball, unless he was trying to take a mark with his elbow and forearm.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/two-collingwood-players-likely-to-come-under-scrutiny-by-match-review-panel-20140427-zr0db.html

Two Collingwood players likely to come under scrutiny by match review panel

Date April 27, 2014 - 6:29PM

Jesse Hogan

A high bump that forced a dazed Paul Chapman from the ground on Anzac Day is expected to feature prominently in the match review panel's appraisal of round six.

Chapman was floored after being struck by Collingwood's Clinton Young. While instances of high bumps typically result in suspension, especially when it involves a player jumping off the ground to deliver a bump, Young could escape punishment.

An apparent difference between Young's blow and other instances in which players have been punished is that the ball was in dispute until marginally before the incident.

Even if Young is charged it is likely the conduct classification would be limited to negligent, rather than reckless, because when he jumped he was still a chance to win possession.

A grading of negligent, low impact and high contact would trigger a penalty of 125 points, which could be cut to a reprimand and 93.75 carry-over points. Young would not qualify for a good-behaviour discount because of a reprimand he accepted in 2009.

Young's teammate, Jack Frost, may not fare as well because of a bump he delivered to Dyson Heppell. While there were negligible repercussions from the blow for Heppell, he was still bumped high while he had his head over the ball.

If the incident was deemed negligent, low impact and high contact it would result in a one-week suspension that could be cut to a reprimand by the second-year Collingwood defender.

Fremantle defender Michael Johnson is also in danger of attracting the rarely issued charge of misconduct for unnecessary contact with an injured player, but his good record should ensure he does not face suspension.

Soon after North Melbourne's Aaron Black hurt his shoulder and began cradling it on his way to the interchange bench, Johnson sought him out and bumped him.

If Johnson is charged with intentional conduct, low impact and body contact, it would attract a penalty of 125 points, which would be cut to 93.75 for the Docker's unblemished record over the past six years. If coupled with a guilty plea that would cut the penalty to a reprimand and 70.31 carry-over points.

Melbourne will be eagerly awaiting the verdict on two possible striking charges from its loss to Sydney on Saturday night.

Co-captain Nathan Jones is likely to escape penalty for a jab to the midriff of Jeremy Laidler because of insufficient impact, but rookie defender Alex Georgiou is less likely to be cleared.

Georgiou was grappling with Sydney's Lance Franklin and, when attempting to free his arms, brushed Franklin's face with a closed fist. If the incident is not discarded because of a lack of impact, it is likely Georgiou's conduct will be classed no higher than reckless, because he was not looking at Franklin when he struck him.

A grading of reckless, low impact and high conduct would trigger a one-match suspension that could be cut to a reprimand.

Western Bulldogs veteran Daniel Giansiracusa is likely to escape penalty for a heavy off-the-ball bump on Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield on Sunday, because there was minimal - if any - high contact and the bump was delivered within five metres of the ball.

MATCH REVIEW PANEL - ROUND 6 PREDICTIONS

Jack Frost (Coll) forceful front-on contact to Dyson Heppell (Ess). Negligent, low impact, high contact. 125 points (1 match); 93.75 with guilty plea (reprimand).

Clinton Young (Coll) rough conduct to Paul Chapman (Ess). No charge; legitimate attempt to win possession.

Michael Johnson (Fre) misconduct unnecessary contact to injured player, Aaron Black (NM). Intentional, low impact, body contact. 125 points down due to good record to 93.75 (reprimand); 70.31 with guilty plea (reprimand).

Nathan Jones (Melb) striking Jeremy Laidler (Syd). No charge, insufficient impact.

Alex Georgiou (Melb) striking Lance Franklin (Syd). Reckless, low impact, high contact. 125 points (1 match); 93.75 with guilty plea (reprimand).

Daniel Giansiracusa (WB) rough conduct to Patrick Dangerfield (Adel). No charge; insufficient high contact.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: