Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Biggest Problem in 2014 - Consistency

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us had 2014 as a development year realistically 5-8 would be a good finish.

We are doing all right at 5-3. Half our games have been against teams currently in the 8 (3 against most likely top 4) and only 1 against a team in the bottom 6.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:16 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Most of us had 2014 as a development year realistically 5-8 would be a good finish.

We are doing all right at 5-3. Half our games have been against teams currently in the 8 (3 against most likely top 4) and only 1 against a team in the bottom 6.

True - Lot of People had us even going Backwards this year as well. After Daisy and Heater Left

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:40 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I heard David King say the other night if he marks his first attempt and goes bang then his right for the night if he drops the mark or misses an easy shot, he's gone for the night simple as that.

I reckon if this is the case, Cloke needs a good Sports Psychologist to harden up his resolve and attitude to overcome his current malaise. He needs to go much harder if he drops his first mark and be mentally as well as physically strong to compete at this level. He needs to develop an "I'm never beaten all game" mindset and then fight hard from that base.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:13 pm

This year has a real 2009 feel to it.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 pm

^ Yeah I was thinking that myself, we did make a charge in the 2nd half of 2009 but weren't quite as good as the top 2 or 3 teams that year.

2015-16 will be the window wide open and hopefully we can snare a flag in that time before Gold Coast takes control.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 pm

I think we need to look how the Hawks do it, meaning, recruit a specific needs type player, I think we did it perfectly in 2010 getting Ball to release Pendles, Swan and co in the middle, Jolly in the ruck and the Anvil as a go to player. You can rogue that other clubs copied the "Anvil" projected.

Hawks over the years have picked up strong, skilful needs like, Gibson, Burgoyne, Gunston, Guerra, Lake, Hale, Bailey ( to release Hale to the forward line) And Hill, also strong emphasis on ball use! They also have 3-4 nippy little tough quick forwards that put a lot of pressure on defences...When you watch the Pies it's like watching a Mazda run around v a Ferrari when the Hawks show up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: