Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Plenty of Pies at 'peak' for flag assault

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

derkd wrote:
Quote:
Just ask St.Kilda .....luck lost them a flag....but for the bounce of a ball.

Have you ever watched the 1966 grand final? The worst mongrel punt in the history of footy went through for a point. after that Tuddy kicked the ball to 3 Magpies, and Bob Murray marked it! If they had done that to our mob twice...

1964, 1979, 1970, 1977, 1980 night grand final, similar things happened, but Saint flaming Kilda is the one who is unlucky???
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:02 pm

As well as we've done there's probably 2 or 3 teams at their best that I believe we'll struggle against. Happy with our progress, excited about the future but can't see us doing it this year. Would need a fair bit to go our way, like a healthy list and one or two teams above us to inexplicably capitulate.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Luck had nothing to do with it... that bounce was divine intervention and or the telekinetc force from the Collingwood faithful Smile

I heard it was a Sri Lankan curse cast by our very own Lazza after the Greening incident many a year ago Shocked
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
derkd wrote:
Quote:

Have you ever watched the 1966 grand final? The worst mongrel punt in the history of footy went through for a point. after that Tuddy kicked the ball to 3 Magpies, and Bob Murray marked it! If they had done that to our mob twice...

1964, 1979, 1970, 1977, 1980 night grand final, similar things happened, but Saint flaming Kilda is the one who is unlucky???

And BJ was unlucky first. He's the one who had the guts to make the play and not hang out the back.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 am

Stupied wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Luck had nothing to do with it... that bounce was divine intervention and or the telekinetc force from the Collingwood faithful Smile

I heard it was a Sri Lankan curse cast by our very own Lazza after the Greening incident many a year ago Shocked

Absolutely correct. And accurate.
People may laugh about it but I KNOW that the Saints will never be successful in winning another flag for a very long time and I'm extremely content with that safe knowledge.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

Absolutely correct. And accurate.
People may laugh about it but I KNOW that the Saints will never be successful in winning another flag for a very long time and I'm extremely content with that safe knowledge.

It is because the Saints don't want to win a flag....I think it is in built in the mind of the club....they much prefer the Richmond mould "stay really underwhelming for a long time but keep talking about 'how next year is gonna be different'" ...Then come out the next year and serve up the same trash as the year before but keep telling your fans your making real "progress" been working for Richmond since 1982! Very Happy
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Dont forget Blair had a goal disallowed, which was clearly a goal.

We should have won.

Then again... That second half is depressing viewing. i watched it on the weekend for the first time since i watched it live, one of the $5 DVD's.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
derkd wrote:
It is one thing to talk of "peaks" but not all players get there. Also you can't rule out injuries etc.

The only thing i know is that allot of winning a flag is something you can't train for or predict. "Luck"

I don't disagree that we are a good age bracket. and i agree on the fact that we have allot of players that could be anything.

Thank you bounce

don't forget that in 09, they also lost it on the bounce of a ball. remember in the dying seconds the ball was in dispute in the center and it bounced to scarlett instead of his opponent (as a result Geelong went forward and won the game), instead of the sainters going forward to win). not quite as obvious, but it was a really decisive moment in a close GF too.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:28 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
As well as we've done there's probably 2 or 3 teams at their best that I believe we'll struggle against. Happy with our progress, excited about the future but can't see us doing it this year. Would need a fair bit to go our way, like a healthy list and one or two teams above us to inexplicably capitulate.

Although your comments are true I think we can compete with any team when we are 'on'.

Back 12 years ago when we managed to get 4th spot not many people gave us much of a chance - the first final away against a dominant Port was a huge shock... we went on to almost steal a flag from the Lions in their cheating prime!

We are probably better placed this year because of the number of players who have won a flag and have that belief! Anything can happen come finals - if we are top 4 we are a serious chance...

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:48 pm

^
Don't disagree but top 4 is going to be tough. Port and Hawks are a lock imo, which leaves 2 more spots. They'll more than likely be fought out between ourselves, Sydney, Geelong, Freo and the Roos.

Swans are flying, Freo will come home hard, Roos could be anything and the Cats, well, they look shaky but have you seen their draw for the next 5 weeks? Likely to win all of them.

Reckon we'll need to win at least 9 of our remaining 12 games, 2 of which are against the Hawks, one against Port, a trip to Perth and Gold Coast and you just never know against Carlton or Essendon.

It's going to be a tall order.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:21 pm

That drawn grand final was painful viewing. I reckon I've seen it about a dozen times now and still can't believe we didn't win or throw it away. We should have finished them off in the third quarter instead of sh*tting ourselves and kicking 5 behinds.

As for the bounce involving tip rat. If that little toe rag did kick the goal, then there would have been 90 seconds for us to reply - meaning that, we could have easily have scored the winner as there was enough time remaining on the clock for us to do so. But that's not what happened. Who knows, maybe it was meant to be a draw so that we could come back the following week and thrash the bastards and exposing to the world just how sh*t they are.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
^
Don't disagree but top 4 is going to be tough. Port and Hawks are a lock imo, which leaves 2 more spots. They'll more than likely be fought out between ourselves, Sydney, Geelong, Freo and the Roos.

Swans are flying, Freo will come home hard, Roos could be anything and the Cats, well, they look shaky but have you seen their draw for the next 5 weeks? Likely to win all of them.

Reckon we'll need to win at least 9 of our remaining 12 games, 2 of which are against the Hawks, one against Port, a trip to Perth and Gold Coast and you just never know against Carlton or Essendon.

It's going to be a tall order.

I agree - 9/12 maybe 8/12 for a top 4 spot... not easy although the last game against the Hawks may be a dead rubber for the Hawks?

If we can't beat the Suns and Weagles away we simply don't deserve to be there - however I think the team has a lot of improvement in them when Reid is back and WHite can play as the third tall. If we can keep up the pressure and quick ball movement we look like a top 4 team and every team is vulnerable come finals time.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:03 am

This thread has an interesting yin-YANG quality about it... some posters are focused on the past and others on the future!

The key message is that to win the flag you need some luck - even the bounce of the ball and not just injuries etc. We have a tough task at getting a top 4 spot and making a real attempt for the flag... however we have plenty of quality players at their peak and are very capable of delivering a flag this year with our team seemingly finding their way with the Buckley game plan!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:06 am

The real concern is that we play the Hawks the first time coming off 2 6 day breaks in a row, whereas they have a bye (against the Blooz) and then an 8 day break. This is yet another down-side of the idiot fixturing this year. I don't like to see the top 4 potentially decided by a handicapping arrangement. It has worked to Collingwood's advantage from time to time, of course - but that doesn't make it fair or sensible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: