Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams contract talks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be very surprised if his asking price is only 500K but would have no issues paying him in the vicinity of 650K as long as its a longish term contract.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Beast wrote:
Would be very surprised if his asking price is only 500K but would have no issues paying him in the vicinity of 650K as long as its a longish term contract.

He's worth every penny of 650K.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 pm

$650k is a bargain. Sign him up now.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Gun player whose been good to the club and the club to him. I'm sure a 5yr deal will be easily negotiated and implemented with a minimum of fuss. Future leader of the greatest club in the world... Dayne, as they say , is "livin' the dream" Cool
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 am

Of all the idiot posts I have read. You know who you are. The brothers Coventry, Collier,Twomey, Rose, Richards and well quite a few others others say hi.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:26 am

Fire Up wrote:
that would be great news to keep dayne at pies, get the contract done asap.
any news about claye? maybe pies can try and get claye to play with his brother at pies

Clays is back playing now in the seniors. He signed an extension late late year to the end of 2015. The lions rate him highly (as they should) and don't think he will become available anytime soon. They stuck by him for 3 injury ravaged seasons and extended his contract twice during that time.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:40 am

Beast wrote:

Beast I agreed he is worth more than $500k and will most likely get considerably more.
But history Wnd knowing the kid tells me he will except what is offered (remember he knocked back a definite AFL spot on the Suns list to go into the draft after being told by Hine that Collingwood where very interested in him if he was a available with there second pick)
In his second season he extended his contract well below what he was offered to leave and return to the Suns again for season 2012.
He got his last extension done without any fuss or fanfare and could have tested his market value to drive up his price by maybe around $100k or more a year but signed a 3 yr deal with Collingwood.
I know for fact during his last extension he asked Eddie to assist him in buying a property in Melbourne.
With Dayne asking his management to start talks this early (with a year to run on his current deal) shows to me it isn't about the money so much more about wanting to show his loyalty to the club.
I also know for a fact he holds Bucks in very high regard and believes his game will continue to improve under Bucks.
I'm sure some time in the near future without much fuss Gary Pert will announce the deal has been done.
Dayne's father commented he didn't like the circus that surrounded Trav's contract saga so he doesn't want anything like that as a distraction.
The only glitch of any kind I can see if his management try to hold the club to ransom seeking big overs without conveying all the contract details correctly or directly to Dayne.
I'm sure this wouldn't be the case as he wants the deal done and he knows the club will pay him well as well as keeping a team around him that is a serious premiership threat.
I posted ages ago he idolizes Pendles who when Dayne came to the club took him under his wing. He knows Pendles could have left th club on huge money to a GWS but showed loyalty to stay with the group costing himself lord knows how much a year in earning.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 am

Just a little bit more on the Pendles Beams relationship.
In Dayne's first year in Melbourne Pendles often invited Dayne to dinners within his group spot help him settle in and not have any home sickness effects.
When Dayne had his reputation attacked with false sexual assault allegations Pendles provided Dayne with an ear to get through the event until it was over.
Dayne also stated in my presence at the end of 2011 when he was home for his Xmas break that Pendles work ethic was what he wanted to achieve.
He spoke how Pendles took the time during nd after training sessions to talk to him about ways of I proving his game.
Basically Pendles has been a huge influence on his career and I'm sure he sees himself repaying Pendles and he club for the opportunities they have afforded him.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 am

pay him whatever he wants, Beams must stay!
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:33 am

^ agree
Even though he wont ask for what he is deserving.

Im sure I read at the last contract neg he sacked his management company as they were not moving quick enough.

You put his development, attitude and club loyalty up against Dale's and you realise the supporters idolised the wrong bloke.

This is a bloke you could build a midfield around and we have Pendles on top of that along with some great young talent coming through.

Fyfe who I say !!!!!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:33 am

^ agree
Even though he wont ask for what he is deserving.

Im sure I read at the last contract neg he sacked his management company as they were not moving quick enough.

You put his development, attitude and club loyalty up against Dale's and you realise the supporters idolised the wrong bloke.

This is a bloke you could build a midfield around and we have Pendles on top of that along with some great young talent coming through.

Fyfe who I say !!!!!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 am

Great news , hopefully all comes to the best for all parties.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 am

He's clearly one of our best players and may well win the Copeland this year, but I'm one who wishes he would improve a couple of aspects of his game. Firstly, his opponent often gets a lot of the ball, so I'd like him to become a little more defensive. Secondly, I reckon he often kicks the ball blindly to no-one in particular. If he could learn a bit off Pendles, about patiently waiting for a good option before kicking, he'd just about be a complete player.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:39 pm

"Dayne Beams is magic, he's got a magic tatt,
And when he saw the black & white he said 'I fancy that',
But he didn't sign for Brisbane or the Gold Coast 'coz they're shite,
He signed for the Magpies 'coz we're bloody dynamite!"

Love his attitude.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He's clearly one of our best players and may well win the Copeland this year, but I'm one who wishes he would improve a couple of aspects of his game. Firstly, his opponent often gets a lot of the ball, so I'd like him to become a little more defensive. Secondly, I reckon he often kicks the ball blindly to no-one in particular. If he could learn a bit off Pendles, about patiently waiting for a good option before kicking, he'd just about be a complete player.

Agree rude especially about his opponent getting to much of it. I think that's one of the things he is slowly learning off Pendles.
I know his work ethic and he will get better as time rolls on.
Let's remember he missed 16 weeks last year and had an interrupted start to this year so maybe it has taken some time for him to work into his best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: