Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bulldogs - all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a massive jinx, but I don't expect we'll have an easier win for two months. Bulldogs haven't been the worst team this season, but they're just not on our level. I think we'll win by at least 40 and possibly by quite a bit more.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:31 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
White has been very UnderWhelming this season.

If you don’t like my post then put me on the Ignore List

Yet you've included White as one of your suggested ins. White has delivered according to my expectations Dave, maybe yours were a little unrealistic. Was always likely to be hot and cold because that's what history supports. Karnezis will be likewise.

And if everyone who questions one of your posts puts you on ignore as you frequently suggest, you'd start to find it a bit lonely here on Nicks. I enjoy your posts, admire your enthusiasm, but just like every poster on these forums, if you put something out there you invite a response and they will not always be supportive.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Swan looked like he needed another run or needed another week off. His disposal was poor and had many tackles broken. He is 30 and may be best managed through the season. He may be a player to rest up.

Faz looks like he is on shaky ground this week. Although all forwards struggled in the QB game. This is a game where we probably want good clean forwards.

Dogs don't spread well. This is where we can exploit them. They are excellent in clearances/stoppages.

Dogs don't have great tall backs so a White/Cloke/Witts/Grundy as the ruck/forward talls set up should be encouraged IMO. It will be interesting what we do when Reid is ready.

I think White has been OK for us this year. No star, but serviceable. I prefer it when he gets up the ground as a lead up option. And then can run back. He has elite pace for his size and is a decent user of the ball that can link up on the way back.

Like to get Adams with Ball this week to attempt to match their contested ball.

No solutions to selection in my comments. Despite all the injuries we have, we have selection problems in trying to give games to guys who deserve it. It's a great sign for us.

It poses the question, do we have the greatest depth? We'd be top 4 if not better.

Port have no significant injuries, So we can't tell.

Swans appear to have a lot of good players not getting selected (Tm Mitchell, O'Keefe, Pike)

Hawks have been decimated, yet remain top 4.

Cats. I think their list is now starting to be shown up for lacking depth. But still a good argument to say it's good. They do have a fair few injuries to quality players.

Maybe for another thread?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
And if everyone who questions one of your posts puts you on ignore as you frequently suggest, you'd start to find it a bit lonely here on Nicks. I enjoy your posts, admire your enthusiasm, but just like every poster on these forums, if you put something out there you invite a response and they will not always be supportive.

Stop picking on DTM you bully... Twisted Evil

If you respond to every poster for saying stuff devoid of any feasible rationale or logic, you will be extremely busy on Nick's Daz.... Laughing
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Waste of space this mob, get rid of them!

If we don't beat them by 8+ goals, then we're not fair dinkum!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Not playing for either the senior or VFL team, probably means Adams will probably have to go back and perform well in the VFL before getting another chance. This is a shame as i'd like to see him played for 3-4 weeks in the seniors to find his feet.

Witts will probably keep his spot until Reid comes back to play against the Hawks. However, I would like to see us try to play with Grundy and White as the 2nd ruck.

Fasolo will probably get dropped after a poor effort, and i'm beginning to wonder if he's got the hunger to do all the hard stuff required of today's top line players. He's got the talent, but needs to work much, much harder.

Josh Thomas continues his up and down form. It may be that he's purely a depth player. Jury is still out on him imo.

Broomhead is obviously close to debuting after being in the squad last week and playing another good game in the VFL.

My preference would be:

Ins: Adams, Broomhead, White
Outs: Witts, Thomas, Fasolo
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Not playing for either the senior or VFL team, probably means Adams will probably have to go back and perform well in the VFL before getting another chance. This is a shame as i'd like to see him played for 3-4 weeks in the seniors to find his feet.

With all due respect, a player finding his feet should be played in the VFL, not at senior level until he does find his feet..... Rolling Eyes
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

With all due respect, a player finding his feet should be played in the VFL, not at senior level until he does find his feet..... Rolling Eyes

Given the VFL team played before the seniors Id reckon Adams was held over as an emergency.
Wouldn't think that would preclude him from a senior game this week if he warranted selection based on what he could bring V the dogs line up.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
In: Adams White Broomhead

Out: Blair Dwyer ?

C'mon Dave, you can do better than this.

The OUT: <player I don't rate irrespective of how well they played> IN: <player I love irrespective of likelihood> is getting tiresome.

And you can't have 3 ins if you can't identify 3 valid and reasonable outs.

White is an obvious inclusion but hard to say if it will be at the expense of Fasolo or one of Witts or Grundy.

Adams didn't play either AFL or VFL on the weekend so his availability might be questionable.

I think Broomhead is knocking on the door and I'd love to see him debut, just hard to nominate a player who should be excluded.

And I don't buy the "rest player X" suggestions. Maybe something you do round 23 when you're certain of the finals the following week but not mid season, and certainly not when Bucks has said we'll play our best available team every week.

White has been very UnderWhelming this season.

If you don’t like my post then put me on the Ignore List

Whites best games have been when one of the Rucks have been out.
So, given he is a better forward with a bigger tank at this stage than either of the Rucks, White should be in at the expense of Witts or Grundy.
He gives us more options and flexibility.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks for the information. Go on, tell me more.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
regan is true fullback wrote:
Beware the wounded palooka.

This mob, like Rocky, are trying to prove they are not a bum...

Unlike rocky, they are.

The question is, why don't they do it against Hawthorn, or Geelong, or Fremantle...

I don't care what team it is but why are we facing yet another backs to the wall team, do it for the club etc.

This will be a lot closer than I would have liked because of the location, the backs to the wall, the coach taking responsibility leading the way for the team to galvanise. I was hoping for a % booster but it's not likely to pan out that way methinks.

this will be a towelling.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Stop picking on DTM you bully... Twisted Evil

If you respond to every poster for saying stuff devoid of any feasible rationale or logic, you will be extremely busy on Nick's Daz.... Laughing

well, you could help dazza out by reducing the number of your posts lazza. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

i don't think jt will be dropped, not against this mob. you might see broomhead in, fasolo out. white back in too and grundy gets a rest again.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 pm

In: White, Broomhead (Martin as smokey)

Out: Witts (rest), Faz, (Dwyer if Martin gets picked but unlikely)
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Witts will probably keep his spot until Reid comes back to play against the Hawks. However, I would like to see us try to play with Grundy and White as the 2nd ruck.

Fasolo will probably get dropped after a poor effort, and i'm beginning to wonder if he's got the hunger to do all the hard stuff required of today's top line players. He's got the talent, but needs to work much, much harder.

Josh Thomas continues his up and down form. It may be that he's purely a depth player. Jury is still out on him imo.

Broomhead is obviously close to debuting after being in the squad last week and playing another good game in the VFL.

My preference would be:

Ins: Adams, Broomhead, White
Outs: Witts, Thomas, Fasolo

Thomas was good on Monday and has certainly made a better fist of his senior opportunities than Adams has thus far. I'm not sure why you think Taylor deserves all these freebie games yet you mark Thomas so harshly and want him dropped after he's only had two games of senior football in a row and hasn't done too much wrong in either.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Thomas butchered the ball a few times last week, actually that's an insult to butchers.

Out: Thomas-Witts.

In: White-Kennedy.

Need to play our best 22, got the Hawks coming up next week.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: