Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Luke Ball

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Luke Ball play another 26 games and make it to 100 club games for Collingwood?
Yes.
79%
 79%  [ 42 ]
No.
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 53

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
I would have said/voted no at the start of the year - with Adams arriving and JT doing well in 2013 and improving... however Adams has been poor this year in the seniors and JT has not gone forward with re to consistent performances so my votes is YES as Ball is looking like the main extractor this year and will probably be around next year to pass on the baton at some stage!

I don't think he will play finals for us next year... but he will get to the 100 games mark around mid 2015:) I agree with Dave and think it will mainly be up to JT and Adams next year to demand their spot in the team -

Adams and JT will need to improve their kicking skills if they're to genuinely overtake Ball over the next 2 years.

Ball is not a Great Kick either

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
I would have said/voted no at the start of the year - with Adams arriving and JT doing well in 2013 and improving... however Adams has been poor this year in the seniors and JT has not gone forward with re to consistent performances so my votes is YES as Ball is looking like the main extractor this year and will probably be around next year to pass on the baton at some stage!

I don't think he will play finals for us next year... but he will get to the 100 games mark around mid 2015:) I agree with Dave and think it will mainly be up to JT and Adams next year to demand their spot in the team -

Adams and JT will need to improve their kicking skills if they're to genuinely overtake Ball over the next 2 years.

Ball is not a Great Kick either

I just watched the Carlton-Collingwood game again, JTs kicking was quite good at times but Adams on the hand was pathetic! he can't even get a drop punt to spin lol and he coughed up a few handballs under limited pressure as well, I don't think Adams is going to make it, his kicking is beyond poor.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Actually I think Screw could end up being the perfect sub for us. He's not particularly fast or tall, but he can play either end, has a great defensive game, and vitally has experience which we are short of and can be the difference in a tight finish. Given that we are more likely to be in front at ¾ time than behind, Bally might be just the guy, as he can kill contests and can also produce the impossible winning goal - remember Hawthorn & WC in the 2011 finals.
It's only natural the bloke is not 100% yet, he's missed a lot of footy, but he works hard and is the type of guy who will go above and beyond to get the side over the line.
Actually the Melbourne game might be the one in which Buckley showed me that he is becoming the coach we all hoped he could become. A couple of moves in particular, such as moving Grundy to FF where he showed some remarkably good leading and marking (although sadly not kicking) skills. Bally as the sub might've been a master stroke, after all, the Dees didn't add a major during Bally's time onfield.
I've been extremely unconvinced about Buckley as a coach, but I'd like nothing better than to have him prove me wrong, and he is showing signs!

Go Pies

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: