Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great effort in the second half, but they were just too good. Trouble is, they are a team that will probably only just scrape into the 8 this year. Let's just hope we can play out the rest of the year with some spirit.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Joel wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Cloke, for his three goals, spilt so many marks. Talia owned him. How much is Talia on? Overpaid and overrated. Not good enough. He is so very much trade bait now.

If we didn't kick it on his head every time he'd have better opportunity. He did his job, not sure about many others.

Cloke was raped. Our most important today.

Jacobs killed us.

SteveH67 

[quote="Big T"][quote="SteveH67"]Our list is overrated.

The kids that apparently are coming through, are either not good yet, or not good enough...full stop.

So much for our dynasty after 2010, Hawks, Cats etc are still up there....not us.

I will be lucky to see more than 3-4 premierships in my lifetime, the way we win in this competition.[/quote]

Hine is the Teflon don.[/quote]
Big T 

David wrote:
Great effort in the second half, but they were just too good. Trouble is, they are a team that will probably only just scrape into the 8 this year. Let's just hope we can play out the rest of the year with some spirit.

Great effort? Last 20 minutes was a disgrace.

jg22 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 pm

A team of kids having a red hot crack and I loved watching it. Yep, the disposal is infuriating at times, but the glimmers are there. Jacobs is a class act and dominated giving his onballers an armchair ride. It was boys against men in so many areas, but I was happy with them busting their arses. Broomhead keeps developing, Reidy will be better for the run, Marley did a great job on big pants (apart from the two joe the goose goals) and Lachie Keefe owned Jenkins. We're coming, not this year, maybe not next, but we are definitely coming.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 pm
Post subject: Re: Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Let's hear ya !!

Yeah come on Sunshine and Lollypop tossers - let's hear about how good we are!

Lappin, throw yourself under the team bus!

Dyso

Had to laugh at the evil eye given to Donny's happy happy message... funny stuff Smile

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:24 pm

One question
7 minutes to go 2 goals down
and did we man up on the loose man in our forward line
oh no!
Buckley game day strategy is abosutely dopey!

Joel Capricorn

Big T wrote:
Joel wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Cloke, for his three goals, spilt so many marks. Talia owned him. How much is Talia on? Overpaid and overrated. Not good enough. He is so very much trade bait now.

If we didn't kick it on his head every time he'd have better opportunity. He did his job, not sure about many others.

Cloke was raped. Our most important today.

Jacobs killed us.

He kicked three. I don't care if he gets beaten for the majority of the game, if he kicked multiple goals then he has done the job.

There are many others that should be attacked before Cloke.
mudlark 

As Shite as it gets.Besides the mauling the umpires gave us, how many frigging times in a game can you kick it DIRECTLY to the opposition??? How many?? How many times can Cloke ,Reid and White,fall over and get themselves out of the contest,opening up the opposition backline to run ,unopposed to the wing? How many times in a game of football can Sidebottom handball or kick it over his head or backwards and hit an opponent directly on the tit and away they go? And then we STILL expect to win the game. That was miserable to watch and we don't deserve to play finals. It was piss poor and please,PLEASE don't tell me Keefe is any good. He may have spoiled but his kicking and decision making are not worthy of being given more game time.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Th "perceptive fellow" will hate this, but here goes.

Unlike the Essendon game, that was not as bad as I feared. Reid, an AA player, was way off the pace. So too was Martin, who will take time to adjust to the big league. We are now completely without Swan and Maxwell. We were playing a bunch of kids with very limited AfL experience against a battle-hardened Crows side, and we showed, as expected, the effects of fatigue after a long season with a very young list. We're cooked for 2014, but i think we're developing a next generation that can take us into the future, and I expect us to improve as Reid gets back to fitness and form, Scharenberg arrives, and Swan recovers. Meanwhile, Broomy will be a player, Taylor Adams is a ball-getter, Witts will continue to grow, and in a more functional forward line, Jamie Elliott will be a matchwinner.

It wasn't what I hoped for, but it wasn't a disaster, looking to the future.

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Our season was over when we lost to the Dogs. If you all couldn't see that, you haven't watched enough footy in your life. Or you're delusional. At least we will get better draft picks this year.

My summation: we simply aren't good enough. Our established players not good enough. I don't buy into this "we have too many youth". Yes and no. Cause we still have many established players in the team. This team isn't going to cut it. We are going backwards.

I had faith in Buckley. I'm beginning to think he's not up to it. This was his season. His choices, his players. Getting rid of Heater was proven a stupid decision. White is a complete failure.
swooper 

SteveH67 wrote:
Our list is overrated.

The kids that apparently are coming through, are either not good yet, or not good enough...full stop.

So much for our dynasty after 2010, Hawks, Cats etc are still up there....not us.

I will be lucky to see more than 3-4 premierships in my lifetime, the way we gain success in this competition.

Not fair to blame the kids. They were always going to tire in a long season. Injuries, poor coaching taking their toll.
BTW - you would be very lucky to see 3-4 premierships in a lifetime I would suggest!! Very Happy
sidey 

I still think we have massive potential. Won't be realised until we get games into our juniors

Hate finishing an also ran in the bottom half of the 8. Better to miss completely and let it be the driver for change and hopefully success, or at least a new way of thinking.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Broomhead was really good from what I saw. Great to see Elliott back in too.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Wokko wrote:
This team has no soul.

Got it in one. But it all starts with the imports in the coaches box. At least Bucks bled for Collingwood. The others can't give a stuff except for their pay cheques. If you want to save Buckley then at the very least Eddie should sack the lot of assistants. Every single one of them! They are useless. Evil or Very Mad

But it might be time to consider other options. Bomber Thompson might be keen to leave Essendon now that Pretty Boy is back. Time to pull out our cheque book advantage Eddie. Get a proven premiership coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: