Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game day. Magpies v. Eagles - Late changes, comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay BenKen ain't the sub.

Thought Dwyer might have got that gig but Young it is.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Collingwood just dropped to 9th on the ladder (on percentage) after Crows beat Lions.

Gotta win this one.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Adelaide just received a big percentage boost today of over 6%.

If we lose today then it might come down to percentage to decide our finals fate and if that's the case then I fear we'll come up short.

Lose today and we'll need big victories over Brisbane and GWS that's for sure.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:11 pm

^ but percentage isn't important.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm feeling very nervous about this game. There's a lot riding on our season today and it's going to demonstrate whether we're truly good enough or not to play finals. If we win today then we're nearly there but if we don't then we will undo all that good work we displayed last week against Port Adelaide.

Really disappointed by our outs. Adams was really starting to find some good form and his ability to win the inside ball has been great in the past few weeks so he's exclusion will hurt due to injury. I don't like seeing Langdon on the sidelines as I don't think he did a lot wrong last week to be dropped for this game. Martin never got a proper chance to establish himself so I'm not surprised by his exclusion.

The inclusions look relatively decent but nothing to get extremely excited about in my view. My biggest concern heading into this game is our ability to win the contested ball due to a lack of inside players for today's game. I think Beams and Pendlebury will be carrying a huge load to get this side over the line today especially with Swan, Adams, Thomas and Ball all not playing due to various reasons. I have faith that our defence will do a good job in containing the Eagles big forwards and I still think we can get on top of their weak midfield with Priddis only being the standout in that position for them.

We just need to see fast movement of the ball, applying plenty of tackling pressure like we did and I'm hoping we kick a bigger score as well because this season we've rarely kicked over 100 points which has been a somewhat concerning trait of the side for the whole year.

Very pleased to hear that Ben Kennedy will be starting today. I really hope the kid repays the faith given to him. Young is a good sub as he does provide us with that x-factor and his foot skills are excellent.

This is a big game and if we win I'm pretty confident that we'll play finals football but if we don't then our fate is pretty much out of hands but we're by no means out of it either depending if results go our way or not in the next three weeks.

The optimist in me tips a two goal win in a tight affair in Perth. Come on Collingwood! Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: