Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas Brownlow Voting???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with you people? You need to THINK and recognize that getting rid of players from a premiership team of FIVE YEARS AGO is a complete mistake.
How could you possibly think replacing players at the rate of TWO PER YEAR could be tolerated.
I have NO FACTS to support my contention, I WILL IGNORE what other clubs have done that refutes my beliefs re: StKilda, Bulldogs & Geelong since 2010. I don't care that all of them have replaced their 2010 coaches and the two sides who sat on their laurels (StK & WB) and persisted with their 2010 lists are now bottom dwellers.
I believe the past endlessly repeats itself and that I can spot trends that suit me but ignore those that dont.
I also WILL SHOUT because no one's listening.
I have every right to post and therefore will do so incessantly, but I don't seem to get that others legitimately disagree.

Last edited by sixpoints on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:01 pm

I thought offering a five year deal at the money he is getting the Blues would have been a silly idea. Two years to begin with to find his feet and form again would have been fine.

The players we offloaded we did because they offered nothing to the side anymore, we should have replaced them with experience but there wasn't much there to replace them with. I'd rather not keep around injury prone players just because we need experience because you are paying them to sit in the stands, and that's just stupid.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:51 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh gawd, you just won't let it go, will you! Last year you all said he wouldn't play a game, he played 20. No one ever suggested or thought that he'd have a great year this year, but the fact is that he got better as the year progressed and will be far better next year. Speaking of which, how did his replacement go for us? I think this might just qualify as the single most childish and pointless thread in Nick's history! Quite a feat Flash! The title of this thread should really have been "Nyah, nyah!"

BTW, what you're saying here is that players who didn't poll last night are worthless. That's a pretty poor way of describing Adams, Armstrong, Blair, Frost, Goldsack, Kennedy, Lumumba, McCaffer, Keefe, Reid, White, Williams, Witts, & Grundy, among others. Want me to go through the rest of the 'worthless' players in the AFL? Where's that 'roll eyes' emoticon?

No. I'm saying a bloke who's on massive, massive coin and walked out on us to go to the scum and was given the outlandish wraps you were bestowing upon him ad infinitum had better deliver the goods and he didn't even come close.

He was supposed to deliver burst, run and speed to the one paced Carlton midfield and ended up playing on the back flank as a loose man in an attempt to get something out of him. The fact he got better in the year is all relative as he was absolutely useless for most of the year epitomized by his two diabolical games against us.

As for his replacement he also polled zero Brownlow votes but at a fraction of the cost that Carlton are paying. I've got a feeling that'll change for our benefit in the coming years again at a fraction of the cost.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Daisy no Brownlow votes is a vindication of our decision to let him walk. 10th in the Carlton B&f though?

That just makes me smile at their misfortune 😊

Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Damien wrote:
Daisy no Brownlow votes is a vindication of our decision to let him walk. 10th in the Carlton B&f though?

That just makes me smile at their misfortune ��

To put it into perspective Damo, Chris Judd finished 7th in Carlton's B&F after playing just 12 games one of which he reinjured himself coming on as sub after about 5 minutes game time.

Thomas was bloody horrible this year and I almost (almost) felt sorry watching a once very good player who has lost about 5 yards of pace, can't kick over 35 metres anymore and is regularly getting punk'd by players years younger.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Dale Thomas Brownlow Voting???Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
One of our more ardent and vocal Dale Thomas fans stated on his leaving of Collingwood that we had forced out an absolute gun and a probable Brownlow Medal winner in another unmitigated self inflicted disaster for the club. I respect this posters opinion very highly and have no reason to doubt his views.

I didn't watch the count but knowing Matt Priddis won,I have to assume that Daisy was thereabouts as well seeing as he played 20 games this year for the Blues.

Can anyone tell me how well he polled last night where he placed and if you can let me know how Wellingham, Dawes and Heater (all part of our recent horrific talent bleed) went in the voting as well?

Love your work Flash. Smile
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Shame I'm not picking a Posting 22 this week, Flashman, 'coz your excellent form in this thread would have earned you a gurnsey for sure.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Flashman wrote:
Damien wrote:

That just makes me smile at their misfortune ��

Thomas was bloody horrible this year and I almost (almost) felt sorry watching a once very good player who has lost about 5 yards of pace, can't kick over 35 metres anymore and is regularly getting punk'd by players years younger.

SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:46 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh gawd, you just won't let it go, will you! Last year you all said he wouldn't play a game, he played 20. No one ever suggested or thought that he'd have a great year this year, but the fact is that he got better as the year progressed and will be far better next year. Speaking of which, how did his replacement go for us? I think this might just qualify as the single most childish and pointless thread in Nick's history! Quite a feat Flash! The title of this thread should really have been "Nyah, nyah!"

BTW, what you're saying here is that players who didn't poll last night are worthless. That's a pretty poor way of describing Adams, Armstrong, Blair, Frost, Goldsack, Kennedy, Lumumba, McCaffer, Keefe, Reid, White, Williams, Witts, & Grundy, among others. Want me to go through the rest of the 'worthless' players in the AFL? Where's that 'roll eyes' emoticon?

I don’t think anyone has said that these guys are worthless, though I don’t recall all of these players being labelled potential Brownlow winners on this site either.
As far as Daisy goes, I and plenty of others loved watching him play, he took audacious marks, he did outlandish things on the field and provided genuine spark. In short he was a terrific player for us for a few years. But that is all in the past. He might do far better in years to come at Carlton, who knows? Then again maybe he won’t. I just think that he is no longer the exciting young kid from Drouin. It seems at this stage there are a few Carlton supporters who are pretty disillusioned with the Daisy deal. Not to say pissed off. Hypothetical question: Do you believe that given the 2014 season he would command another deal such as the one he landed? Do you believe that another club would fork out 700 k a year for four years for a guy who finished tenth in the best and fairest in a side which you yourself have described as an absolute train wreck.
Well I guess we won’t know until he hangs up his boots, but so far maybe, just maybe, our club might have made the right call.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 am

Daisy doesn't get a Brownlow vote who really cares he isn't on list now so I personally don't give a hoot.
Of our players beams and Pendles finished equal 9th both with 16 votes.
For what it's worth I had Pendles with 22 votes and beams with 17 pre count guess I gave Pendles too many according to the umps.
Pendles polled votes in 8 games and beams in 7 games
Between them they polled 3 votes in every win we had bar 2 where they took turns at getting the 2.
Our 2 most consistent performers this season
For the record beams had 30+ in 9 games for the year and Pendles had 30+ in 8 games for the year. In each game they got 3 votes they had 30+
In 2012 when beams won the Copeland he got 19 Brownlow votes in 21 games averaging 30.2 possies a game second only to Ablett.
Looks like the umps love players who get there hands on it loads and seem to be in every contest.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 am

this thread makes me feel ill about side by side

how can u say this things about a premiership hero until you have walked in those shoes or at least heard his story

Screw you guys

How much did Collingwood offer "Dollar Daisy" before he left?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 am

Do u morons even go to the football?
How can u not see the difference in the energy of us now and the times Daisy was in the 22.
Daisy never polled votes with us.

His year this year would give Carlton massive confidence that they could be the winner on this deal.

U all know it or u r blind.

Ive asked this so many times - what did Collingwood offer Daisy to stay
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:49 am

Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

No. I'm saying a bloke who's on massive, massive coin and walked out on us to go to the scum and was given the outlandish wraps you were bestowing upon him ad infinitum had better deliver the goods and he didn't even come close.

He was supposed to deliver burst, run and speed to the one paced Carlton midfield and ended up playing on the back flank as a loose man in an attempt to get something out of him. The fact he got better in the year is all relative as he was absolutely useless for most of the year epitomized by his two diabolical games against us.

As for his replacement he also polled zero Brownlow votes but at a fraction of the cost that Carlton are paying. I've got a feeling that'll change for our benefit in the coming years again at a fraction of the cost.

35 er would rather choke on his own bile than admit the fact, fact, that his pet dollar daisy has DODGY ANKLES and the dumb old man river and his scum mob fell for it hook, line and sinker. Laughing Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Do u morons even go to the football?
How can u not see the difference in the energy of us now and the times Daisy was in the 22.
Daisy never polled votes with us.

His year this year would give Carlton massive confidence that they could be the winner on this deal.

U all know it or u r blind.

Ive asked this so many times - what did Collingwood offer Daisy to stay
\

Dollar daisys ankles are as dodgy as a tony abbott promise, so please, spare us the wringing of hands, he is a liability to the scum everytime he takes the field. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 am

Well this is a ridiculous thread. Thomas was hardly a high vote poller at Collingwood either, nor were the other players mentioned. There have been lots of players who have had excellent careers and who hardly polled at all. Twenty games for Thomas coming off a major injury and a low fitness base is a fair effort and its likely he will get better if he remains relatively injury free. However once again The Flasher whips it out with a calculatedly manipulative post and you lot get over excited by the tiny insight he displays. Who knows if Thomas will win a Brownlow or not in his future career? Jeering and crowing because he polled poorly in what was essentially a comeback year after injury proves nothing about his future prospects, but says a lot about The Flasher and his his cheer squad.

Last edited by rocketronnie on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: