Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ferguson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a knife pulled on me at Richmond station by a kid I reckon was 16. Luckily the idiot was more nervous than me and had his head against a wall so I jobbed him. When he refused to drop the knife I kneed him in the head and then kicked his ribs about 4 times. His mate ran away. The Police were called by me after I threw the knife onto the railway line and punk whimpered off crying and bleeding.The female officer said I was lucky that they didn't see it or I would have been arrested as well for assault by kicking. The male copper said I should have broken his arm to discourage him. Had I been in the USA given the statistics he would have been shot, probably dead. Despite a good description and the likelihood that he would require some casualty attendance I never heard from the Police again. Too much trouble.

I am not a fighter nor particularly big and I was half drunk.Adrenalin kicks in and you do what you think you need to do to survive.

Do I care what happened to him. Not in the least but hopefully him and his mate never tried that sort of thing ever again. If they did and it turned out worse for them then it serves them right.

In this case I wonder though why a Taser wasn't use of some other form of non lethal weapon. A gun against gun is fair enough but surely the USA Police have enough of this stuff to at least disarm the kid. Break his arm, bust his legs, but keep him alive.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 am

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:
For me, the stupidity of the guy in question is irrelevant. He could be stark raving mad; it doesn't matter. The police are the professionals in that situation, and they're the ones holding firearms. They're not perfect and shouldn't be expected to be, but when a mistake has such grave consequences, it's reasonable to expect that they be accountable for their actions.

Use of lethal weaponry should only ever be an absolute last resort. Anything less and they should be culpable IMHO.

An unstable man with a knife ignoring commands and advancing on police is pretty close to a last resort. At the range he was at he can be on them before they can aim and fire. They were called out because people in the area had reported an unstable, armed man and they were in fear of their lives.

I certainly don't mean being stupid,unstable or mad means someone deserves to be shot, but in a survival situation (and being faced by armed police with weapons drawn is most certainly a survival situation), he did the one sure thing that would get himself shot. This is why I wouldn't discount suicide by cop.

Yep,

Why should that cop have risked anything further, the guy just kept coming.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Tannin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmzkOXji6nw

That's the shooting of Kajieme Powell and not Michael Brown, but they did happen around roughly the same area and at approximately the same time of the year if I'm correct.

Anyway in Victoria the doctrine of self-defence must satisfy four conditions, two which are regarded as subjective and the other two are objective. Here are the conditions:

1). The defendant must have believed that the use of force was necessary to defend himself or herself from an imminent or unjustified force against them.
2). The defendant must have believed on reasonable grounds that it was necessary to use force for such a purpose to defend himself.
3). The defendant must have believed that the amount of force used was no greater than was necessary to defend himself or herself under such circumstances.
4). The defendant must have believed on reasonable grounds that the amount of forced used was appropriate and was no greater than necessary to defend him or herself.

One fact that certainly disputes point three in the Michael Brown case is the fact that the victim was shot twelve times indicating an excessiveness of such a defence from the defendant especially when the victim was unarmed apparently, but how true this is I'm not sure in regards to the arming of the victim, however again this could be disputed if the defendant's lawyer had proven that his client had used reasonable force for the sake of protecting himself and didn't use greater force than necessary to protect himself against the victim.

I can't say I know a lot about the case in general and the background to it and also I have very little knowledge on US law but I'm going to assume that the doctrine of self-defence is similar to the one we have here in Victoria and the rest of Australia with slight variations.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Ferguson has a minority white population. Ferguson has NO Black Police officers and we wonder why they riot. Laughing

http://conservativetribune.com/police-black-crime/

Great Video and Very Emotional. I say shoot the lot of them.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Culprit wrote:
Ferguson has a minority white population. Ferguson has NO Black Police officers and we wonder why they riot. Laughing

http://conservativetribune.com/police-black-crime/

Great Video and Very Emotional. I say shoot the lot of them.

Shows what Police have to face every day and how little the media give a shit about the victims. They just want to race bait and create a story.

Also, a bit of a quibble but there are 3 police officers in Ferguson who are black out of a 53 strong force.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/14/ferguson-police-department-details/14064451/

edit : Wow, just saw that some reporters posted Officer Darren Wilson's home address and the name of this new wife in an article. $£$%^%%$ scumbags.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/ferguson-cop-darren-wilsons-home-address-published-sparking-online-backlash/story-fnh81jut-1227136984681
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 pm

oh shit, really 3? Wow. Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Culprit wrote:
oh shit, really 3? Wow. Laughing

Yeah well, after their appearance on Hey hey it's saturday a few years back when Harry Connick jr got all bent out of shape at them, they had to get work somewhere.

Don't judge them.

Wink Cool
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Good to see sensitive policing is gaining in acceptance in the US....Seriously, no wonder people from African American communities are ready to explode...
www.theage.com.au/world/fire-and-fury-in-baltimore-after-another-black-death-20150428-1mv29a.html
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:41 pm

I know right. It's almost as if the black people have worked out that they are second class citizens over there.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Funny seeing the mum of six kids who saw her son rioting on the news, she hauled arse down there and dragged him home by the scruff of his neck. "I don't live like that" she said. Good on her
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:43 pm

What does burning people stores, places of worship and government property got to do with civil rights?

A lot of what has been going on is nothing more than an excuse for a group or thugs to engage in criminal activity.

Want to protest then do so in peace and with dignity.

All that they have done and achieved is live up to some stereotypes of African Americans which is pretty ironic.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 pm

What do you think burning people stores places of worship and government property got to do with civil rights does?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:12 pm

swoop42 wrote:
What does burning people stores, places of worship and government property got to do with civil rights?

A lot of what has been going on is nothing more than an excuse for a group or thugs to engage in criminal activity.

Want to protest then do so in peace and with dignity.

All that they have done and achieved is live up to some stereotypes of African Americans which is pretty ironic.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle: sometimes people from marginalised, disadvantaged backgrounds behave more like people from marginalised, disadvantaged backgrounds than people who have been raised with a silver spoon. Such behaviour should be condemned, of course; but focusing on a small number's criminal behaviour as a means to discredit a whole protest only entrenches the problem that they're fighting against.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Not ferguson, but could have been a simular situation

The Texas pool party, Talk about bullshit reporting,

And the real story

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/06/08/the-full-story-of-the-mckinney-texas-pool-mob-inside-the-craig-ranch-subdivision/#more-101972

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes, trust "The Conservative Treehouse" to set the record straight. Shocked

Although, admittedly, you can't exactly trust the American media to report accurately, so perhaps they are providing a public service in this instance.

Here is the original story from a more reputable news source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/09/us/mckinney-tex-pool-party-dispute-leads-to-police-officer-suspension.html?_r=0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: