Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Interesting article on the Pies in 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
There's a lot of logic to your view Lazza, but in truth, it is folly to rely on medium/long term planning. Anything can intervene and disrupt the best of plans, including injuries, desertions, sackings, financial disasters, drug scandals or tragic deaths (remember us losing Millane in 1991). So while I too expect we'll probably be a much better side in 2-3 years, I'm not prepared to place limits on what we can achieve this season. Given the depth of our talent - greater now than in 2010 imo - a lot will depend on how our youngsters physically stand up to the rigors of a long season. As it stands now, I'm expecting we'll finish 4-6 and win at least one final.

That is a very positive outlook on this season RB and I truly hope that you are far more accurate in your prediction/guesswork than I’ am.
Like I said, I'm purposely taking a very conservative view of my predictions this year because I was so far off the mark over the past 2-3 seasons.

I blame the mark.... and Buckley of course
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:56 pm

From my perspective Buckley has a lot to prove. I can certainly understand the influence of some of the factors outside of the clubs control and the effect it had on our on field performance. I can also understand and accept to some extent that some of the training practices put in place in 2014 had some very adverse outcomes. At the same time I did note a lack of continuity, game plan and intensity in respect to many of the games last year. To be successful Buckley needs to develop a game plan within the scope of the current developing team and the players need to buy into this strategy. If not then Buckley no real chance of success.

One thing I do not want to see is that every thread discussing football next year getting hijacked by a small group of individuals who just put every failure down to Buckley and continuously whinge that he should be sacked.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:03 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
There's a lot of logic to your view Lazza, but in truth, it is folly to rely on medium/long term planning. Anything can intervene and disrupt the best of plans, including injuries, desertions, sackings, financial disasters, drug scandals or tragic deaths (remember us losing Millane in 1991). So while I too expect we'll probably be a much better side in 2-3 years, I'm not prepared to place limits on what we can achieve this season. Given the depth of our talent - greater now than in 2010 imo - a lot will depend on how our youngsters physically stand up to the rigors of a long season. As it stands now, I'm expecting we'll finish 4-6 and win at least one final.

That is a very positive outlook on this season RB and I truly hope that you are far more accurate in your prediction/guesswork than I’ am.
Like I said, I'm purposely taking a very conservative view of my predictions this year because I was so far off the mark over the past 2-3 seasons.

I blame the mark.... and Buckley of course

It's a no brainer that some here would blame Buckley.... Razz Twisted Evil Laughing

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
From my perspective Buckley has a lot to prove. I can certainly understand the influence of some of the factors outside of the clubs control and the effect it had on our on field performance. I can also understand and accept to some extent that some of the training practices put in place in 2014 had some very adverse outcomes. At the same time I did note a lack of continuity, game plan and intensity in respect to many of the games last year. To be successful Buckley needs to develop a game plan within the scope of the current developing team and the players need to buy into this strategy. If not then Buckley no real chance of success.

Totally agree. This is my major point actually. To achieve this, Buckley must be given time to develop this young team's skills and their game plan. It's not a case of "just add water" type of instant success. Surely all the long term followers of footy would know this as a general fact? Rolling Eyes

Member 7167 wrote:
One thing I do not want to see is that every thread discussing football next year getting hijacked by a small group of individuals who just put every failure down to Buckley and continuously whinge that he should be sacked.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Stands and applauds.

mark (13 11 89 ) 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:22 pm

couldn't agree more Lazza.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm

mark (13 11 89 ) wrote:
couldn't agree more Lazza.

Good on you mark. Great to see your support for Buckley mate.

Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Yeah, I'm more than over the whining. Let the guy do his job, FFS.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Totally agree. This is my major point actually. To achieve this, Buckley must be given time to develop this young team's skills and their game plan. It's not a case of "just add water" type of instant success. Surely all the long term followers of footy would know this as a general fact? Rolling Eyes

Member 7167 wrote:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Stands and applauds.

Spot on from both of you guys! Great posting! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: