Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Herald Scum Reporting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
David King is a Know all who Knows F**K All.

He is so far up himself

other than analysing stuff to an inch of its life david king is one of the better footy analysts. unlike most others he is insightful. the rest just sprout inane rubbish.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:07 pm

I see. up himself[quote] other than analysing stuff to an inch of its life david king is one of the better footy analysts is up himself[quote] other than analysing stuff to an inch of its life david king is one of the better footy analysts ?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:13 pm

The 'experts' know as much as we do. Seriously why would anyone worry about what they say. In 2008 they were saying we were a basket case and look what happened within 2 years. Prior to last season Port Adelaide were friendless and now they're a strong Premiership candidate according to the same scribes. It's opinion and like aresholes everyone has one. Most of their writing is done in hindsight and they appear oh so wise. The stuff that's done in foresight is purely speculation.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:26 pm

No wonder I don't spend my hard earned on buying the Hun.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:57 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
David King is a Know all who Knows F**K All.

He is so far up himself

other than analysing stuff to an inch of its life david king is one of the better footy analysts. unlike most others he is insightful. the rest just sprout inane rubbish.

So we are going to Tumble down the Ladder this year and might be a Chance for the Wooden Spoon then?

E 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:48 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Wow,the Herald Sun is really on our case this year,aren't they?

It was also an odd thing for David King to say about our kicking not improving this pre-season.As far as i know,we've only played one game so far,and we won that by 44 points.So on what basis does he make that claim?

our kicking was atrocious in the NAB cup game against the hawks. didn't you watch the game. winning a game doesn't mean you played error free.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:00 am

E wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

It was also an odd thing for David King to say about our kicking not improving this pre-season.As far as i know,we've only played one game so far,and we won that by 44 points.So on what basis does he make that claim?

our kicking was atrocious in the NAB cup game against the hawks. didn't you watch the game. winning a game doesn't mean you played error free.

Yes, I watched the game, and I didn't think our kicking was that bad. Although it was so long ago now, I can hardly remember what happened.My main point was that it's silly to make judgements based on one single pre-season game, which is exactly what King did.in that article.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:04 am

I won an award called the Loebner Prize.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:26 am

HAL wrote:
I won an award called the Loebner Prize.

So where is your gold medal?
And where is the prize money?
Where is my share? After all we have been your test subjects.
$100 000 and you have given how much to Nicks?

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:16 am

Good kicking involves a lot more than just execution of kicking…

Gameplan plays a missive part… our handball under the pump then bomb it game plan is going to see a lot of turnovers. Our players are often unsure of what their teammates are going to do.

Therefore with a game plan reliant on more short kicking and teammates knowing each other and the game plan better I think we will see a boost with our kicking data and on-field performance.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:28 am

So after one practise game we've stuffed up with Mitch Clark as well now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-missed-out-on-mitch-clark-and-it-could-come-back-to-haunt-them-this-season/story-fnp04d70-1227261896144

The cynic in me would suggest that there is an agenda at play with a blow torch being applied before the season has friggin started with crud like this being aimed at us.

We looked at Clark thoroughly and Geelong jumped the gun on us. Big deal. With the acquisition of Darcy Moore and our clear emphasis on youth Mitch Clark was never more than an outside chance of coming here anyway in my view and this is one Pies fan who wont be lying awake at night worrying about not getting him.

How about we see how Mitch Clark produces when the real thing starts seeing as his body (and later his mind) have prevented him ever producing an entire consistent season of quality football rather than just flashes of brilliance?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:04 am

^correct.
Jesse White kicked 5 in a pre season game and no one carried on about it like they are about Clarke.
It's a long season.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:05 am

^ Somebody made a comment in the comments section about Jesse White kicking 5 in a pre-season match last year.

As you say, lets see how he goes by seasons end.

I think Collingwood were within their right to go through their process. Would have been pissed had we paid a guy to play and he only played 5 games.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:06 am

doriswilgus wrote:
E wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Yes, I watched the game, and I didn't think our kicking was that bad. Although it was so long ago now, I can hardly remember what happened.My main point was that it's silly to make judgements based on one single pre-season game, which is exactly what King did.in that article.

His article isn't based on one game. there is a pretty significant body of evidence to suggest our kicking is a bog problem. Everyone on this site has been banging on about it endlessly. Why is king a dickhead for pointing out what we all know to be true.

He will temper his view as soon as he sees improvement and hopefully we do. But we haven't yet done anything to suggest we have solved our Achilles heel and until we do, commentators will bang on about it.

King might be the best and most honest and unbiased ex footballer commentator I've ever known. think the criticism is a little unjust to be honest. just my view.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:42 am

For what it's worth I thought our field kicking was quite good against Hawthorn. That being said it wasn't as if the pressure was anything like match day conditions and our kicking will remain suspect until proven under those conditions.

King is well within his rights to be critical of it based on last year but to say he hasn't seen any improvement based just on the Hawthorn game does seem like he's stating a preconceived notion rather than calling it as he sees it.

Anyway for mine it does seem like we are starting this year with a clean slate and it feels like the beginning of a new era. The experts not rating us is no big deal as I think to many (including us) we are an unknown quantity and therefore hard to quantify. That's what's so exciting to me and why I can't wait for the real stuff to start. We could surprise some people I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: