Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congratulations Footscray Bulldogs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get Derek Hine down to Victoria Street. Plenty of Asians hanging about there begging for a chance to make good. Plenty of time on their hands and they can really turn on the speed.....err.....anyway, when the wallopers show up they show sublime evasive skills. I'm with ya Hiss, let's target the Asians, but even better, how about we try for gay Asians? We've never had a gay Asian at Collingwood. The more I think of it the more I like it. Shocked
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:25 am

Damien wrote:
You don't exactly see a lot of 6ft plus 85kg Asians walking round.

There is a generation of bigger kids coming through now as the standard of living across Asia picks up. Once more of those kids are born into security (e.g., third generation Aussies), sport will become a more acceptable calling.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 am

pietillidie wrote:
Damien wrote:
You don't exactly see a lot of 6ft plus 85kg Asians walking round.

There is a generation of bigger kids coming through now as the standard of living across Asia picks up. Once more of those kids are born into security (e.g., third generation Aussies), sport will become a more acceptable calling.

jong was born in melbourne and played basketball before he took up football. east timorese and taiwanese heritage.

to date from what i have seen of him, i think he is only an ordinary player but has shown glimpses of ability. i hope he succeeds.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Only a matter of time before we have an Asian in black n white, and a big, fast, athletic Sudanese, who can run like a friggin cheetah. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Paul Medhurst was half Malaysian.

Probably still is.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Chris Judd is from Mordor.

That is funny!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Congratulations Footscray BulldogsReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I was impressed to see Footscray elevate Lin Jong to their senior list. He is the first and only asian player to play AFL at the elite level. Aside from his brilliant skills, he is also a great bloke and team leader. Why don't we have an asian player in our side? After all the days of our game being a white anglo male orientated club like the Liberal or Labor Party should be over. Asians are now 17 percent of our society yet in the AFL there is only one player. Turn it up. Even I can embrace inclusion. Perhaps they are too focussed on studying hard at school and achieving something unlike aussies! Lets start recruiting more people from asian communities into the junior competitions and sponsor them as a Club. And don't give me this crap that they all want to play soccer. Rubbish. There are plenty in the western suburbs of Melbourne who love AFL but are shunned by the traditional aussie junior clubs. AFL this is a disgrace.
Sorry Hiss your plain wrong. The Eastern Suburbs along with other areas have held discussion and Australian Rules Participation is in rapid decline. Asians are moving in and many from wealthy Chinese families who are doing the best by their children. Sport is not in their culture as many are concentrating on their education, they want their kids to be Doctors not a Footballer. The majority that actually participate in sport actually play soccer as that is what they know. Then we have some playing cricket. The ones with wealthier parents are playing tennis and are being coached by Locals at top dollar mind you. Hopefully they can produce a champion or two. Now Local Football clubs have tried many things to attract Asians and their families and whilst you suggest Locals have shunned them it's actually the reverse they have shunned us. We are not good enough, the perception is we are a bunch of drunks thanks to the media. Now we have a program in place which helps the disadvantage and that means we get their fees paid for, football boots donated etc. We have lads playing who are Sudanese, Iraqi. Iranian, Afghan and some are Muslim. We have to cater for them out of respect and them and their families love that we have taken them in. We have helped one Sudanese lad get an apprenticeship. From experience the disadvantage are not shunning us it's the wealthy and I hate to say it the Wealthy Chinese. So it's great to generalise but Local Football Clubs and Leagues are doing way more than the main player in the AFL. If you have any suggestions in how we can build Asian participation let me know. I will pass it on.

I will add that the Casey Cardina league is exploding and participation is up. Mind you it's not where the Wealthy Asians move too.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Mind you, there is an underclass of South East Asians on the rise, sure the Chinese aren't interested because they are rich, but the Vietnamese, Cambodians, Thais etc are starting to play footy, as well as soccer, rugby etc. Their parents and particularly their grandparents stay away from most things Aussie because of the language barrier, but I think you will find that these second and third gen Aussies are starting to take on more and more stereotypical Aussie teenage behaviour. ie wearing NBA basketball caps backwards and listening to R&B shite on their phones.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 pm

IIRC last time I looked Australia was part of Asia.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:01 pm

melliot wrote:
IIRC last time I looked Australia was part of Asia.

What did Lee Kwan Yew call us? Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Paul Medhurst was half Malaysian.

Probably still is.

Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: