Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Corey Gault

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinger wrote:
I think he looks pretty good leading out from full forward. Looks faster on the lead than Cloke, can take a good grab and an accurate kick. He also allows Cloke to get up the field more and open up the forward line.

No a fan of his rucking but he's competitive and provides a contest - but is a backup only.

He is a Tad Short for a Ruckman these days

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:03 pm

have said in other threads fault must be given a serious go in the first game and yes at the expense of CLOKE
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 pm

not fault but Gault my apologies for the mistake he is not at FAULT /// cloke is at fault /// my enthusiasm GAULT him is growing .
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Yes, lets drop our most experienced key forward for a kid who has done well in 2 NAB games....
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm

stupid he may be the most experienced however he is not potentially the best /// as you know what i have said in other topics on here re CLOKE // he has many faults that yesterday proved have not been corrected
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm

I believe where Gault has taken (and will continue to take) time to develop is compounded by the fact that he apparently had massive growth spurt late in his teens and this made him very ungainly for a while.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Cloke has Gault covered by a country mile sem. 2 decent NAB games and an ok game vs the Hawks last year does not make him a better option. The kid has promise as a second or third tall, but if he is our best option as a key forward this year we are in a shitload of trouble.

The only thing that getting rid of Cloke and Brown would do would rob us of experience, leadership and quality at both ends of the ground. This thread is bad, and you should feel bad for starting it.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Stupied wrote:
Cloke has Gault covered by a country mile sem. 2 decent NAB games and an ok game vs the Hawks last year does not make him a better option. The kid has promise as a second or third tall, but if he is our best option as a key forward this year we are in a shitload of trouble.

The only thing that getting rid of Cloke and Brown would do would rob us of experience, leadership and quality at both ends of the ground. This thread is bad, and you should feel bad for starting it.

to be fair, it wasn't sem who started it. sem is only responsible for some of the ludicrous statements in this thread.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:37 pm

John Wren wrote:
Stupied wrote:

to be fair, it wasn't sem who started it. sem is only responsible for some of the ludicrous statements in this thread.

You're right. It was the other thread he started about trading Cloke and Brown I was referring to. My bad.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Another year like last year and the "Trade Cloke" thread will be silly for different reasons - nobody will want him @ $800K
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Quote:
Balme also added the Magpies would place Brent Macaffer, who is recovering from a season-ending knee injury at the end of last season, on the long-term injury list to free up a space on the club's senior list.

So Gault can Play RD 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-16/has-he-done-enough-work

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Good. I reckon he has shown enough to be given a shot in Rd 1.

White has the next game to stake his claim as the 3rd tall forward.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Stinger wrote:
I think he looks pretty good leading out from full forward. Looks faster on the lead than Cloke, can take a good grab and an accurate kick. He also allows Cloke to get up the field more and open up the forward line.

No a fan of his rucking but he's competitive and provides a contest - but is a backup only.

That he is, but not by a lot. He's not really competing against Witts, Grundy and Cox for a spot as a ruckman, but against White and Keeffe for a KPP who can take a turn in the ruck. of those three White is the shortest and the best ruckman.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Stinger wrote:

That he is, but not by a lot. He's not really competing against Witts, Grundy and Cox for a spot as a ruckman, but against White and Keeffe for a KPP who can take a turn in the ruck. of those three White is the shortest and the best ruckman.

We most likely play both Grundy and Witts in the Same team so we would not really need the KPP that can play Ruck

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Why Not?

If one of your forwards can do the ruck work in the forward line and do it well, your actual ruckman can sit back in case the ball comes out down the line.

Also gives you the option of subbing out one of the rucks if you need to change it up and use the tall forward option.

Very handy option to have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: