Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Recreational drugs self reporting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Why worry about rec drugs?

I've always thought that if we're talking about something illegal, then let the law deal with it - Just like in real life 😊

As for what type of player I generally want in my team - Bad boy naturally gifted footballer with attitude OR very good clean skin footballer with application!?!?.......

You gotta go the nerd.

Would you like to recruit Lance Franklin?
Given the rumours about him!

Me personally?... I honestly don't care if they inject battery acid into their eyelids for breakfast provided it doesn't interfere with me cheering on a victory!

The club on the other hand has a HEAP to consider. Off field behaviour included. Just for the record, I don't believe that any player who enjoys 'party drugs' is a bad seed & a cancer to a football club.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
Most would agree that education should be a cornerstone of any illicit drug policy for the AFL. This should also incorporate programs to ensure that players have off field options available to them in order to help prevent 'idle hands'! It's very important that each club cater to their own playing group in this regard.

Still, I'm not sure that the AFL should be running their own kangaroo court. There are laws for illegal substances that blanket society.

Education when it comes to drugs is close to useless.
Does anyone believe that taking illegal drugs is good for them?
Everyone knows that drugs including the legal - alcohol and cigarettes are bad!
See Mexico about the war on drugs - tens of thousands dead thru unbelievable violence that rivals ISIL tactics.
You can test every player every day and give any player that tests positive the boot.
It is not going to solve the drug problem in society but we may get a team of saints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: