Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time for Davoren to go.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to know two blokes who trained under Davoren at the AIS in cycling...

Both cant stand the guy.

Also.... Doesnt cycling tighten your hammies...

PING!!!

Shocked

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 pm
Post subject: Re: Davoren has to explainReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
Since Davoren has taken the high performance and conditioning job we have had more soft tissue issues than I can remember, and all I read is excuses as to why it's not his fault.

If it his not his fault why not issue a show cause why you should still hold your position request, so Bill can explain why our players are having such a rough trot. When I look at his background, I cannot help thinking he was Rocket's recommendation from their time together at Footscray. After the Scrays he worked at St.Kilda, and nothing stands out from his time there to suggest he is anything special.

High performance and conditioning personnel from other backgrounds have assisted Port to become a better team through superior fitness coaching, and it's time for the Mighty Magpies to copy the best, and not take anybody that happens to be available. It has been heart breaking to watch Ben Reid go through all the pain and frustration he has had to put up with and now another chronic situation for Nathan Freeman requiring exploratory surgery.

All Australians and high draft picks dropping with no explanation, and Bill Davoren hides behind Balmey rather than standing up for the fans and members to supply some answers as to WHY. I remember he was able to run spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations suggesting what great results he has achieved, and I think he needs to explain what he's doing to help players with soft tissue injuries and jam the computer where the sun doesn't shine. The additional conditioning staff needed by Bill to assist him require us to pay the AFL more as part of the equalisation fund, and he needs to prove he is the right man for his job, or leave.

Yeah, see how you go getting the numbers to prompt a special meeting of members just so we can ask Him those questions.

Club will assess his performance based on facts, not the ambit uninformed lynch mob mentality of a few footy forum posters. I have faith in the club.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Just had a quick look at the AFL injury list and GWS is the only club that doesn't have at least 1 soft tissue leg injury.... Seems their fitness guy might be the only 1 with any sort of job security.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:20 am

The amount of clueless bile and know-nothing ignorance in this thread is mind blowing.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Tannin wrote:
The amount of clueless bile and know-nothing ignorance in this thread is mind blowing.

As opposed to the amount of clueless bile and know-nothing ignorance in this entire forum being mind blowing?? Shocked Twisted Evil
Still its fun to be here and get the heads up from the bloody idiots as well as the great thinkers and posters. Makes one choose the right posts to read and the ones to totally ignore.... Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:31 pm

jackcass wrote:
Just had a quick look at the AFL injury list and GWS is the only club that doesn't have at least 1 soft tissue leg injury.... Seems their fitness guy might be the only 1 with any sort of job security.

we're travelling better than last year because most our soft tissue injuries are carry overs. the key will be to see how we perform in the back half of the season when the bodies tire and wear and tear starts to take its toll.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:

we're travelling better than last year because most our soft tissue injuries are carry overs. the key will be to see how we perform in the back half of the season when the bodies tire and wear and tear starts to take its toll.

Bingo bango John.

Moore is about the only newbie to the soft tissue brigade. Reid, young, sinkers, and freo all have a history of soft tissue problems (granted freeman is a relatively new inductee). They all struggled with the same injury type in 2014 and have had setbacks getting back this year.

A broken hand, a broken leg and two knee recos just can't be counted. They are just plain bad luck and all four of them are recovering well so we are told.

It is indeed the latter half of the year that will be telling.

I'm certainly happy thus far with how we have been running games out.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Fitness good, injuries no worse than league average. Where's the fire?
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:44 am

Pretty sure I heard Bucks talking about it in the off season, that soft tissue injuries were expected because they were trying to get fitness into a lot of kids, and it might have short term consequences but that we would be better and fitter in the long run. Could have been a dream I guess....
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:24 am

The real culprit is Rodney Eade. It must be true when you consider that when he went to the Suns the number of injuries experienced by their players has increased and they have barely enough players left to field a team.

Seeing that we cannot sack Eade now we should sack him retrospectively
.Twisted Evil
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:37 am

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
Pretty sure I heard Bucks talking about it in the off season, that soft tissue injuries were expected because they were trying to get fitness into a lot of kids, and it might have short term consequences but that we would be better and fitter in the long run. Could have been a dream I guess....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/training-loads-to-increase-vows-collingwood-fitness-boss-20140902-10b9ub.html

Quote:
Collingwood fitness chief Bill Davoren has vowed to increase the training load of his players over summer, as the Magpies emphasise that the number of injuries players suffered this year had fallen.

Coach Nathan Buckley made it clear during the members' summit on Monday night that the basis of his premiership blueprint would be improved transition running, having been graphically reminded his team was not up to standard in losses by 47 points to Sydney in round nine, 2013, and 35 points to Port Adelaide in round 14 that year.

This had sparked a major change in the training program over the last pre-season, with Davoren recruited to the club. He said training loads had increased by about 30 per cent - with players given an extra 40 kilometres of running and football skills work per week.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 am

I was as critical of Davoren last season as anyone, but really, Sinclair (who has a history of hamstrings) and Moore are the only two hamstring injuries we have had this year so far. Moore's hammy was the result of a badly timed bump and subsequent leg hyper-extension. Likely would have had the same result from any player in the league.
Freeman hasn't injured himself, they suspect he has scar tissue around a nerve, and it's causing him discomfort and restricting his running. That's consistent with his performances this year, where many have noted he hasn't been able to switch on the afterburners he became well known for as a junior.

Overall we seem to be running out games better, and our soft tissue count isn't too bad so far. Way too early to be calling for heads to roll.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Soft tissue injuries are on the rise across the AFL because of the significant increase in speed and continuous running; the result of modern coaching strategies. Added to that, the imposition of limits on rotations off the bench and the introduction of the sub rule makes it harder to give players a rest. It's actually amazing there aren't many more hammy type injuries. Under the circumstances, I reckon we're in pretty good shape.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Such Malthouse-era political intervention, RudeBoy, except I think back then you were probably claiming the exact opposite!

RudeBoy wrote:
Soft tissue injuries are on the rise across the AFL because of the significant increase in speed and continuous running; the result of modern coaching strategies. Added to that, the imposition of limits on rotations off the bench and the introduction of the sub rule makes it harder to give players a rest. It's actually amazing there aren't many more hammy type injuries. Under the circumstances, I reckon we're in pretty good shape.

RudeBoy wrote:
Achieving elite fitness is an inexact science, especially with a game like footy, which is so multi-dimensional. Added to that, every player is different, so no one regime is going to suit all players. Overall, we seem to be a fit side and are generally finishing off games well in the last quarter. Furthermore, apart from Reid, who has a chronic persistent problem going back a couple of years, Sinclair is the only senior player I can think of who has missed games with a soft tissue injury. So generally, I reckon we're in pretty good shape.

The Tannic One, however, has remained steadfast:

Tannin wrote:

While Piesnchess is still the voice of calm and reason:

Piesnchess wrote:
Defender wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
can't see where davoran comes into this.

freeman is "going in" for exploratory surgery on his hammy. after a pre season with no complaint he now has issues.

is davoran a trainer privy with all considered information, or is it his responsibility to man manage each and every players schedule on the reports from others. i suspect he tailors a program for all players from the basis of information given and freeman is probably being managed this way and not from over training but for reasons explained by balmey.

He's in charge of workloads, he told Bucks he could get us fitter than any other team, 5 season ending Hamatrings later here we are.

IM WITH YOU on this one mate, one hundred percent, this guy has gotta go, as soon as possible. Exclamation

And MJ23 is still the voluntary spokesman for The Institution:

MJ23 wrote:
Glad the club pays no attention to these boards , radio talk back or the letters that hit the bin !

Meanwhile, Burnsy17 is still somehow more connected than a life-size Lego model of the Millennium Falcon:

burnsy17 wrote:
I happen to know two blokes who trained under Davoren at the AIS in cycling...

Both cant stand the guy.

Also.... Doesnt cycling tighten your hammies...

PING!!!

Shocked

But Frankie's hormones have taken a rather sinister turn:

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what his role is but if it's got anything to with players' conditioning, **** him off, now, before the season becomes another train wreck.

And Lazza has mellowed substantially, being reduced to single eye rolls:

Lazza wrote:
Tannin wrote:

As opposed to the amount of clueless bile and know-nothing ignorance in this entire forum being mind blowing?? Shocked Twisted Evil
Still its fun to be here and get the heads up from the bloody idiots as well as the great thinkers and posters. Makes one choose the right posts to read and the ones to totally ignore.... Rolling Eyes

That said, Defender still wants blood:

Defender wrote:
If not Nathan, you could find yourself going with him come seasons end, you pickaed him, you will live with that decision.

David still has a satirical clip on hand:

David wrote:
Burn him anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

And An_Inkling still communicates in Greek syllogism:

AN_Inkling wrote:
Fitness good, injuries no worse than league average. Where's the fire?

Among many other fine, heartwarming renditions of yore!

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Ooh ooh do me do me......

Ohh ahhh Mrs..... Wink

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: