Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Judd. season over? career over?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
Now he can sit at home and eat Chicken Wings.

Filthy player. Carlscum through and through.

Ease up mate, let's not temp karma shall we?

I don't like him, but I hate to see champions end like that.

Like him or loathe him he was a champion of the game and deserved to go out playing football on his terms.
I won't miss him as he seemed to always play well against us.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:03 pm

swoop42 wrote:
He's not the good bloke people try to make him out to be as the chicken wing, eye gouging and other incidents have shown.

Whoops. Edited my response after reading defender's karma post.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hes gawn, such is life, and visy, dodgy brown paper bags, cheating, and a 0-5 record v the Pies under his former coach at west coast. Thats the way it is, que sera, sera.

He's not that old!!

His first game was against us in Round 2, 2002 at the MCG.

true, forgot about that arrogant mongel worsfold. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:36 pm

He went through the charade of choosing Victorian clubs, Collingwood, Carlton and Melbourne from memory, knowing full well he was going to the Scum because of a dodgy third party deal. Maybe know he can take his rather skinny wife out for a few counter meals to get some beef on her bones.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:54 pm

How do you usually introduce yourself?
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 pm

HAL wrote:
How do you usually introduce yourself?

"I'm the Loch Ness Monster", two humps then I'm gone.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:05 am

Flashman wrote:
Great, great footballer who turned the game on its head when he first burst on the scene.

His stats for his first 100 games were superior to Fyfe and anyone else you care to name and included a Brownlow, Norm Smith and a premiership.

His move to Carlton to escape the toxic West Coast culture may in hindsight be seen as a mistake by both parties but no one can deny he gave them tremendous service. He became a harder inside mid from necessity due to the dearth of quality midfielders compared to the Weagles and while not as spectacular as during his halcyon Perth days he was still an undeniably great player.

It's always sad to see a champion bow out in this manner irrespective of who they play for.

Yep well said, wouldn't wish it on anyone

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:27 am

meh, he played on a year more than he should have and finished a few games short, spare me the crocodile tears! Dirty chicken winging, eye gouging mercenary, he'll get no sympathy from me. Great footballer, yes but the guy is a turd.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:24 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
meh, he played on a year more than he should have and finished a few games short, spare me the crocodile tears! Dirty chicken winging, eye gouging mercenary, he'll get no sympathy from me. Great footballer, yes but the guy is a turd.

Well Tony Lockett just got made a legend and he was a brutally dirty prick (as well as an awesome footballer) but the unsavoury aspects of his game have faded with the passage of time but we still remember his footballing deeds.

It'll be the same with Judd. A few isolated incidents won't detract from Judds achievements and nor should they.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:55 am

Flashman wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

Well Tony Lockett just got made a legend and he was a brutally dirty prick (as well as an awesome footballer) but the unsavoury aspects of his game have faded with the passage of time but we still remember his footballing deeds.

It'll be the same with Judd. A few isolated incidents won't detract from Judds achievements and nor should they.

I don't disagree with any of that, it's all this sadness about the way he's bowed out that makes me want to dry retch. Boo hoo, I say Razz

On Lockett, he actually gained some respect from me a few years ago after a rare interview. He said something like "I was nothing special, just a big thug who knew how to kick a football". I suspect he was playing himself down a little but you have to admire the honesty.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:06 am

Hate the guy, hate his team, hate the dirty things he did on the field, but there's no denying he has been a great of the game. Sad way to go out. Should have been lifted off the ground on his teammates shoulders, not on a stretcher.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Was one of the best footballers of a generation.
I liked watching him for westcoast and was at their flag win. Hated watching him the last few years, seemed to play with a frustration and did some ordinary things. Didn't deserve his second brownlow in that year but a two time winner is probably just.
Hated to see him go out like that.

Was very much looking forward to him retiring after another collingwood win with the blues at the bottom of the ladder.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:14 pm

He was finished last year and just prolonged the agony… leaves his team a rabble at their lowest point in their history.

A very good player clearly - but all this gushing once in a generation stuff is BS…

Same vintage as Swan or Hodge and Mitchell from Dorks… i would have those 3 over Judd any day. Although he is a little older and not a mid I would have put Goodes above Judd as well. Judd had a dream start and was a good cog in a very good team - but struggeld at the bloozers to lift those around him -- probably because he cheated the system and we all knew it…

A perfect match for carlscum really!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
He went through the charade of choosing Victorian clubs, Collingwood, Carlton and Melbourne from memory, knowing full well he was going to the Scum because of a dodgy third party deal. Maybe know he can take his rather skinny wife out for a few counter meals to get some beef on her bones.

and what was Sickening the AFL allowed them to give Judda$$ the old brown paper bag trick under the Table Evil or Very Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:25 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
He was finished last year and just prolonged the agony… leaves his team a rabble at their lowest point in their history.

A very good player clearly - but all this gushing once in a generation stuff is BS…

Same vintage as Swan or Hodge and Mitchell from Dorks… i would have those 3 over Judd any day. Although he is a little older and not a mid I would have put Goodes above Judd as well. Judd had a dream start and was a good cog in a very good team - but struggeld at the bloozers to lift those around him -- probably because he cheated the system and we all knew it…

A perfect match for carlscum really!

Well, yes - he actually has one of Swan's Brownlows in his trophy cabinet by mistake. He wasn't even the best player in the West Coast mid-field he played in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: