Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me sick is when we zone off and allow space and easy uncontested ball to opposition, sometimes we make the opposition look good when we don't pressure enough. The pressure from the Dockers, Hawks games has dropped away the last 2 weeks.

However with a young group these are the inconsistencies we are going to be faced with until these kids get a few preseasons under their belt. We have seen the good and the bad this season. Unfortunately it looks a carbon copy of 2014. Maybe we need to lobby AFL for an 8 game season plus finals.

Mossi Leo

Look on the bright side, the VFL side had a good win today and look to be playing finals! Very Happy
makri Capricorn

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
makri wrote:
Yet we pay $750k or there abouts for a forward who gives us no scoreboard pressure. The emergence of More today is very promising, and he can f%$%&ng kick!!

Cloke should be trade bait now.

HUH? Cloke didn't play.

looking towards the future.

And if Cloke did play Moore probably wouldn't have got five, and then again, Cloke probably wouldn't have either.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
makri wrote:
Yet we pay $750k or there abouts for a forward who gives us no scoreboard pressure. The emergence of More today is very promising, and he can f%$%&ng kick!!

Cloke should be trade bait now.

HUH? Cloke didn't play.

If Cloke had of played we would have scored 8.13 and not 13.8....thank god for Moore, a breath of fresh air!

MONCO: Your life.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:00 pm

If Buck's is fair dinkum Jessica White has played his last game for the club, there's no need to play him again as finals are out of reach, bring in Gault and give him a chance, he can't do any worse.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Reid got 3 although is probably a couple of weeks away
Cloke/Reid/Moore combo up forward seems promising
Also means no White

The number of mistakes made by having inexperienced kids will always be high

Remember we are never as good when we win and not as bad when we lose

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

AH well, things could be a whole lot worse, we COULD all barrack for Caaaaarlton. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The_Staunton Virgo

Disgusted

Terrible day

The Barretts and the ambulance chasers will down there on Monday

Over this season in so many ways

Dogs are a young side with a structure and a passion

The future of football is to be highly skilled to get out of stoppages

We aint anywhere near it...

Discussion point - crisis time? Real or over-reaction?

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Darcy Moore should also be made our goal kicking coach effective immediately.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
AH well, things could be a whole lot worse, we COULD all barrack for Caaaaarlton. !

Maybe they can vastly over-pay for Blair, like they did Thomas...

That'd be the only thing that'd cheer me up

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Woods wrote:
Was good to see Moore kick a bag. But I fear the decision made by the coaching staff during the bye to blood Moore in the seniors has cost our season (ie. playing finals). Because Moore did nothing until today.

It has been a high price, an investment in the future, but I would never had bet my whole pile on one player.

I'm starting to worry about Moore. I think he's bad luck - we lose every time he plays.

Seriously, they've got to get rid of White - he just creates confusion among his colleagues because he has no football sense. Fasolo was hopeless today, but he plays OK when Cloke plays. I don't think White has a plan, doesn't know himself what he's going to do. Might win the high jump but doesn't get his hands to the ball.

I think Hine picked a dud with Kennedy - cannot kick. In Tim Lane's piece in The Age today is this: "Clarkson spoke pre-season of the specificity of his club's recruiting. Not every player who comes to Hawthorn is a perfect kick, but the Hawks only recruit players whose kicking is rectifiable. It shows."

And what is it with Seedsman? He was kicking beautifully but last few games he seems to be waxing with the crowd - confidence I suppose, or maybe over-confidence. Has done zip since Anzac Day.

Missing Beams in the packs and Heater standing on the last line - how many times was he the man back there to save a goal? No-one doing it any more.

bkelly123 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Thrilled to see Darcy get up and about, hope he gains a lot of confidence from it, and also great to see that he, unlike most of our players, is a good set shot.
IMO, Ben Kennedy's disposal was horrendous. What did his inclusion get us? He has the illusion of being able to move it quickly, but in reality he butchers it most of the time. Someone like sam Dwyer could have played his role much more effectively.
Grundy looked good today, and I liked his strength when taking grabs.
White, once again, was fairly ineffective, surprise !
Pendles and Swanny are absolute champions, continue to stand up when it gets tough.
Wasn't one of De goey's biggest games but he still looks like he has drive and pace.
The disgusting thing that is our kicking is obviously our best issue, but I'm not sure if Bucks just telling everyone to kick better will fix it, I think that it is largely hampered by the scrambling, desperate style of play that we perform. It looked effective in the first half of the season, but now it often just looks clumsy. I wonder when the last time was that we lost 5 in a row? I'm worried, that's for sure.... Finals look unlikely unless we can beat Geelong + sydney (and the 'easybeats').
Very disappointed to get done again, but gee was I excited when Darcy was up and about ....
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:04 pm

5 straight, and pushing sh*t uphill from here to make the 8

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
bkelly123 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Woods wrote:
Was good to see Moore kick a bag. But I fear the decision made by the coaching staff during the bye to blood Moore in the seniors has cost our season (ie. playing finals). Because Moore did nothing until today.

It has been a high price, an investment in the future, but I would never had bet my whole pile on one player.

I'm starting to worry about Moore. I think he's bad luck - we lose every time he plays.

Seriously, they've got to get rid of White - he just creates confusion among his colleagues because he has no football sense. Fasolo was hopeless today, but he plays OK when Cloke plays. I don't think White has a plan, doesn't know himself what he's going to do. Might win the high jump but doesn't get his hands to the ball.

I think Hine picked a dud with Kennedy - cannot kick. In Tim Lane's piece in The Age today is this: "Clarkson spoke pre-season of the specificity of his club's recruiting. Not every player who comes to Hawthorn is a perfect kick, but the Hawks only recruit players whose kicking is rectifiable. It shows."

And what is it with Seedsman? He was kicking beautifully but last few games he seems to be waxing with the crowd - confidence I suppose, or maybe over-confidence. Has done zip since Anzac Day.

Missing Beams in the packs and Heater standing on the last line - how many times was he the man back there to save a goal? No-one doing it any more.

Really not sure why people think that playing moore in our last few games has cost us wins... Who else was there to come into the side that would have made a difference?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Smashed in possession total and contested.
Smashed inside 50s.

Not sure how anyone could think our midfield played well.
Unaccountable.

Boys are cooked, it's about next year unfortunately from here on in and some big choices to be made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: