Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman to Roos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

worth a top 30 pick according to the Herald Sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-paul-seedsman-could-be-on-move-from-collingwood-to-north-melbourne/story-fnp04d70-1227530544615

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
worth a top 30 pick according to the Herald Sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-paul-seedsman-could-be-on-move-from-collingwood-to-north-melbourne/story-fnp04d70-1227530544615

Sold!

Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:08 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Maybe very late. A bloke who struggled to play seniors for a club that finished 12th doesn't have a lot of value. Pick 35-45 at best. I'd have thought a third rounder more likely, it is supposedly a weak draft though.

So Aish, who only played 11 games in the team that finished 17th with just 4 wins is worth maybe pick 97 or something? Razz

Not sure it works that way, Ink.

Aish and Seedsman are an interesting comparison. Aish is clearly worth more being a pick 7 from just two years ago, but imagine they were both just second or third rounders? On current exposed form, Seedy is way ahead. Sure he's 3 years older, but that's a positive because it means he's ready to play in 2016 where as Aish might still need some more development.

Of course original draft positions do matter and so Aish is worth more, but how much more? I'd argue that Seedy is at least worth 75% of what Aish is worth. Maybe that still only equates to pick 35-45 as you say. But if so, then Aish should only cost our second rounder, currently pick 27.

The other thing to consider is that apparently 3 clubs are now into Seedsman(Brisbane, North and Adelaide). That pushes his value up, slightly.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Adelaide is also an option.

Straight swap for Luke Lowden, a key forward who has struggled behind Roughead/Franklin at the Hawks and Walker/Jenkins at the Crows.

Saw him play some impressive VFL games for Box Hill.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Maybe very late. A bloke who struggled to play seniors for a club that finished 12th doesn't have a lot of value. Pick 35-45 at best. I'd have thought a third rounder more likely, it is supposedly a weak draft though.

So Aish, who only played 11 games in the team that finished 17th with just 4 wins is worth maybe pick 97 or something? Razz

Not sure it works that way, Ink.

Aish and Seedsman are an interesting comparison. Aish is clearly worth more being a pick 7 from just two years ago, but imagine they were both just second or third rounders? On current exposed form, Seedy is way ahead. Sure he's 3 years older, but that's a positive because it means he's ready to play in 2016 where as Aish might still need some more development.

Of course original draft positions do matter and so Aish is worth more, but how much more? I'd argue that Seedy is at least worth 75% of what Aish is worth. Maybe that still only equates to pick 35-45 as you say. But if so, then Aish should only cost our second rounder, currently pick 27.

The other thing to consider is that apparently 3 clubs are now into Seedsman(Brisbane, North and Adelaide). That pushes his value up, slightly.

No, Aish had much higher expectations, being a pick 7. In his first year he lived up to those and finished 4th in the Rising Star. 2015 not so much, but he missed close to two months with injury, so didn't miss too many games through non-selection.

Seedsman was picked at 76 and despite being 3 years older has not really produced much more than Aish. He has significantly less value. There is some talent there but it's uncertain how much someone is willing to pay for that given his disappointing career to date.

Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Top 4 is the rising star isn't that impressive, as it's more an indication of the judges favourites after the top two in any given year. If you look at Aish's stats from 2014, they're probably similar to De Goey's and he certainly hit a massive wall in 2015.

I conceded that Aish is worth more, but I wont bet on him becoming the better player in 5 years time. Seedsman is faster, taller, harder at the contest, better in the air and has a longer leg. Aish has a famous name, cleaner hands and better evasive ability. He doesn't win more of the ball than Seedy and he doesn't kick more goals.

Last edited by Domesticated_Ape on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm

has been told to pack his bags. wont be going to roos though, (interstate team)
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 pm

i am disappointed by this. i thought he still had much to offer. i am not surprised by the trade talk and hope he fulfills his potential.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Sad to see the Seed leaving, had such high hopes for him and still think his best footy is in his future.

Tend to agree we should be looking for a 2nd round with maybe an exchange of later picks if it slips too late into the 2nd round.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Can't help but feel we've done a bit of a Lonie on him in trying to make him into something he isn't suited to.

I know it's hard to hide a player who isn't great defensively in today's game but plenty of midfielders or forwards aren't either yet find there place.

I would have liked Bucks to give him more opportunity on a wing or even across half forward and just let him off the leash offensively.

We are seemingly obsessed with making players into defensively minded half back flankers when a bit of attacking flair is greatly needed further afield.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Good. List clogger who somehow has value.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Some clubs will be saying his best is worth a punt. I'm thinking somewhere between # 45 and # 55 seems about right.
May yet be the steak knife that seals the Treloar deal.

Not sure why some posters put the hate on a player the moment there is talk of him moving on. He has a right to look for a new employer ( when coming out of contract ) like the rest of us.
I wish him well.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:13 pm

His best was good but bad was terrible. Has a touch of fools gold about him and any pick close to 30 would be great. Maybe it can be on traded to GWS for Treloar. Throw Blair in as the steak knives. But don't let Jackcass know this!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:01 pm

One great game.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:34 pm

He has potential, his form seemed to fall away after he hurt his hip, clubs will be interested because he provides run and carry and has a booming kick.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: