Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Line in the Sand Game next Friday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Its one game, one bad loss, build a bridge and get over it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:54 am

It is Dave.

The Swans ans Tigers are the exact teams we thought we'd be competing against for a top 8 spot.

If we lose big again Friday night, Buckley has to be sacked.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:04 am

yeah, season defining, a big test, see where we're at, time to step up, just focussing on this week and all that..
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
typical overreaction. what a surprise.

Okay Mr.Postive.

We could lose by 200pts and you still be Postive

as raw hammer put it, think before you post. it was the first game of the season. everyone was fairly happy with the preseason. it was a result no one expected or saw coming. you are the first person to pump up players and the first to tear them down. if results continue in this manner, by all means call for "a line in the sand" but not on one game.

as for being mr positive, i have simply learnt not to get heartache over things like this as disappointing as it was. there's bigger things in life to worry about.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 am

Great. Lines in the sand.

I don't think sand in the players lungs is going to help.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:10 am

today is the day of the resurrection. praise be.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:12 am

John Wren wrote:
typical overreaction. what a surprise.

That's the one thing that remains the same on Nicks, well, I guess any internet forum, and social media. After a loss the mass overreactions.

At least some of it makes me laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:03 am

WE may not be able to beat the Tiges, arguably a top four team now, but by god, we will throw everything at the bastards, we will see a very different, far more determined effort all round, from our whole team. In fact if i was a tigers fan, id be a bit concerned, we have been humiliated, shamed in the biased media over this supposed confidential drug leak, and we will be very much up for this game,out to prove a few points, we will be in a very determined frame of mind, nasty ans shitty, so look out tigers !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:09 am

If I was a Richmond supporter, I would be quietly confident, facing up to Collingwood just after they'd dished that up and with an extra two days to prepare, notwithstanding that my team looked like it might struggle to reach the middle of the ladder, given its incompetent and inept showing against Carlton two days earlier.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:14 am

Piesnchess wrote:
WE may not be able to beat the Tiges, arguably a top four team now, but by god, we will throw everything at the bastards, we will see a very different, far more determined effort all round, from our whole team. In fact if i was a tigers fan, id be a bit concerned, we have been humiliated, shamed in the biased media over this supposed confidential drug leak, and we will be very much up for this game,out to prove a few points, we will be in a very determined frame of mind, nasty ans shitty, so look out tigers !

I don't disagree with you one little bit!

Maybe we started to believe our own hype a little and we're brought back to ground. I'd be a bit worried too. We won't let this happen again. We wont play two bad games in a row!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:19 am

I hope you are right - but it is a long, long way back from that. It was "only" 80 points but could easily have been 150.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:44 am

Brenny wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I don't disagree with you one little bit!

Maybe we started to believe our own hype a little and we're brought back to ground. I'd be a bit worried too. We won't let this happen again. We wont play two bad games in a row!

The problem is that I can't see this happening. We aren't a hard team that comes out breathing fire and putting opposition players on their backsides. Look at Hawthorn. I hate them with a passion, but they are a side that will come at you with a vengeance, be it after qt, ht, 3qt, or the next time you play them. That's a whole team mindset and we don't have it. Look at Hodge and tell me he wouldn't kill every opposition player for any one of his teammates on that ground. Now look at Pendles. I love Pendles as much as I love Swanny or as much as I loved Bucks and Burnsey as players. He is elite, but he is not hard. He is not scary. He doesn't get angry. He posts apology tweets and messages on Facebook after last night's pathetic performance. I want silence from the captain after that. I want the calm before the storm. I want him to come out angry like we have never seen. I want our players to spoil marks and drive opposition players into the turf for 10 metres after the spoil like the Hawks do. We need to get better and we need to get angry and play dirty football. People hate us anyway, we might as well give them a reason to. We could have put Cloke to task last night and have him punish Parker and Hannebery, but instead we let home languish in a dormant forward half until we were forced to put him in the ruck. Put Moore in the ruck, FFS. Putting Cloke in their just looked demeaning.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:31 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I hope you are right - but it is a long, long way back from that. It was "only" 80 points but could easily have been 150.

18.25. amd that's not a proverb. eff me.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:35 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Hmmm...Tigers a top 4 team? They will struggle to make the 8. I expect us to smash them Friday night. That said, I expected us to win last night. If we are going to improve this year, then we must beat mid table teams like the Tigers.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:28 pm

^ Richmond missed the top 4 by 1 game last year. Saying they will struggle to make the 8 is a bit rich I think.

Regardless, we're on the MCG and we have to win. If we fail to win any of the next four games at the MCG, then we're stuffed. The next 4 games are Richmond, St Kilda, Melbourne and Essendon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: