Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training 7th April

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Varcoe is our best pick up in years, and what did we pay for him? 2nd rounder?

Bargain

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Woods wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Thanks Lad a great report as usual
I must admit when we went after Varcoe I was cringing with fear of getting him but I am so happy he has provided so much more to the team than I could ever had imagined.
Now to hear you say he's mentoring young draftees in such a fashion his value has risen again.
Class act Travis Varcoe well done
Can't wait for you to be back soon

Spot on.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, the club needs a new award for senior recruits who best embrace the spirit and ethos of the Collingwood Football Club through the unwavering demonstration of their skills and mentorship.

Varcoe should receive the inaugural award, and in years to come it should be known as the Varcoe Award.

I'd support all of that in principle, but in practice we don't get many senior recruits each year so it could easily result in selection from a pool of 1 or two which potentially could be disrespectful to the idea you broach.

Having said that, thanks Lad for the update.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I must admit when we went after Varcoe I was cringing with fear of getting him but I am so happy he has provided so much more to the team than I could ever had imagined.
Now to hear you say he's mentoring young draftees in such a fashion his value has risen again.

Spot on.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, the club needs a new award for senior recruits who best embrace the spirit and ethos of the Collingwood Football Club through the unwavering demonstration of their skills and mentorship.

Varcoe should receive the inaugural award, and in years to come it should be known as the Varcoe Award.

I'd support all of that in principle, but in practice we don't get many senior recruits each year so it could easily result in selection from a pool of 1 or two which potentially could be disrespectful to the idea you broach.

I should have reiterated my original post in which I suggested that it should be an occasional ward, not an annual award (ie. one only awarded when warranted).
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Confirmed Ramsay has done his ACL.

Bugger!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Woods wrote:

I should have reiterated my original post in which I suggested that it should be an occasional ward, not an annual award (ie. one only awarded when warranted).

In which case, I concur.

Would send a not so subtle message to any senior recruits in any year when the award wasn't given. Wink

Dave O'D 1910 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:00 pm
Post subject: Re: Training 7th AprilReply with quote

warburton lad wrote:
Attended training today on this beautiful Melbourne morn. Took up my usual position and can report the following. In training drills, pendlebury was almost exclusively kicking in and did so extremely well and with precision. The drills went well until Ramsay rolled an ankle and was assisted back to the fortress by two trainers, pain chiseled onto his young face. Didn't look great.

The training was highlight by ultra quick ball movement in transition and Rendell was mentoring all our young ruck wannabes including Moore. The session was short, sharp and though it ended early, the kids stayed for extra clearance work and the forwards par rises their craft from a variety of distances and angles.

Reid left the track early, but he trained very well up till then, so no dramas, The Lad would expect.

Goldsack for Ramsay and Howe for Gault based on what I saw this morning.

An excellent session only marred by the Ramsay blip

Thanks Lad for another insightful report. Two questions:
How much time (if any) did big Trav spend on goalkicking?
Did Pendles get involved in the tackling exercises given the state of his ribs?
Cheers!!

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:23 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Attended training today on this beautiful Melbourne morn. Took up my usual position and can report the following. In training drills, pendlebury was almost exclusively kicking in and did so extremely well and with precision. The drills went well until Ramsay rolled an ankle and was assisted back to the fortress by two trainers, pain chiseled onto his young face. Didn't look great.

The training was highlight by ultra quick ball movement in transition and Rendell was mentoring all our young ruck wannabes including Moore. The session was short, sharp and though it ended early, the kids stayed for extra clearance work and the forwards par rises their craft from a variety of distances and angles.

Reid left the track early, but he trained very well up till then, so no dramas, The Lad would expect.

How was Travis Varcoe did he train?

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Spot on.

it might be a source of some mirth if the inaugural Varcoe award went to Treloar.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Dave O'D 1910 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Thanks Lad for another insightful report. Two questions:
How much time (if any) did big Trav spend on goalkicking?
Did Pendles get involved in the tackling exercises given the state of his ribs?
Cheers!!

Hi Mr Dave O'D.

All forwards practised very hard after formal training ended. Trav probably spent ten to fifteen minutes;barely missed from inside 40.

Pendlebury, I will not report on as I do not wish to provide Intel for other teams, but, suffice to say, he did superbly in the kick-in drills and looked OK.

The elephant in the room is his ribs, but he appeared to train without discomfort today. Good signs, I would say.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

How was Travis Varcoe did he train?

Good evening sir,

Varcoe trained really well, participated strongly, but it would appear he is being held back for next week.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Thank you Mr Lad.

How are the relatives in Estonia?
I understand your great Aunt was a wonderful cook of traditional pirukad & prepares a great herring, is this true?

BTW, thank you for the report.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Thank you Mr Lad.

How are the relatives in Estonia?
I understand your great Aunt was a wonderful cook of traditional pirukad & prepares a great herring, is this true?

BTW, thank you for the report.

Relatives in Estonia are just great, thank you Mr Watt Price Tully.

We loved her pirukad, any pastries, to be honest. Her second husband ( of 3) was a Swedish man from Malmö called Assar; he introduced rollmops and congealed pigs-cheek (a delicacy) to our family feasts. He did things with eels that would have won him Masterchef if he lived in Australia.

I am glad reports give some solace to our large supporter base- it is a sadness that not everyone can get down to training as I do on occasion.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:34 am

Pies 08 wrote:
Thanks for the report Lad. Did you notice Sier this morning? Good to hear Sidey has been working hard, he owes the team big time. Do you think Jesse White can play a role for us this year?

I seem to recall Sideys return from the last suspension he incurred resulted in the 3 Brownlow vote performance. He does seem to take it to heart that a careless act has let the club down and really sets himself to make amends.

Book it in for BOG for Sidey against Melbourne.

On a separate note, great reporting Lad; positive on the Varcoe front, not so much on the Ramsey one.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:27 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/the-crowd/collingwood-training-report-jackson-ramsay-suffers-knee-injury/news-story/96c58d926f4f67a7fb5f3e64d81d842f
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: