Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Robbo v Bucks on 360

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

barrybc41 wrote:
Chris Scott had different ideas on player usage

I'm not sure he and Bucks differed too much on this. Remember our high turnover is largely due to injuries and suspension to the following:

Ramsay
Sidey
Reid
Maynard
Sinclair
Howe
Varcoe
Witts
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 pm

Clearly no love lost between the two. Bucks does well to play it cool when deep down, he probably wants to slap slobbo around the room over and over again. Slobbo is as smug and arrogant as they come and he sniffs the gutters looking for his next head line.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:10 pm

What if I wanted to slap slobbo the room over and over
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 pm

stoliboy wrote:
From AFL 360

I know losses are exactly that and when looking back, a W or an L is all that really matters.

But I just wanted to look at those losses in the second half of 2015.

1. Fremantle away. We'd been playing some decent football, were 8-3, and we lost this match by 7 points. We played a competitive match and were unlucky in the end. Freo would end up minor premiers.

2. Hawthorn. Emotional day after what happened in Adelaide. We lost to the eventual premiers by 10 points in another competitive match by the club.

3. Port Adelaide away. Again the emotions were high from the week before. We lost by 3 points. Again we were just unlucky in the final minutes.

4. West Coast at Etihad. Our momentum from the first half of the season was all but gone. We were with the eventual grand finalist until the start of the 4th quarter. They kicked 4 unanswered goals to win by 31 points.

5. Bulldogs at Etihad. I think we were favourites to win this one. I feel like the Dogs got a jump on us early and we never caught up. Moore had his career highlight game. We lost by 18 points.

6. Melbourne. This game I would rather forget. Another goalless final quarter saw us go down by 37 points. We were flat all day.

7. Sydney away. Another tough fought game. We'd come off a win against Carlton. We lost this one by 11 points. We gave up 5 goals in another final quarter fade out.

8. Essendon. We had a win over the Cats the week before and went in favorites. We lost by under a goal. I felt like there was no passion in this match, from both sides.

That ends the 2015 season. Of course we know what has happened 4 weeks into 2016.

I just find it unfair to bring up the 2015 losses as we were very competitive in just about all of them. Which is probably the reason we were expected to be much, much, better in 2016.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Of course we expected to be much much better.
1. We expected the coach to have improved, because I blame 5 of these losses directly on the coach, in particular Port Adelaide, Bulldogs and Sydney being the most glaring because there was 110% effort from the players.
Port had that loose defender who got 250,000 possessions, Doggies the match ups were a disgrace, Sydney he subbed out Reid and left his injured boyfriend on.
2. Natural development
3. Improved fitness levels
4. Treloar Aish etc.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 am

Thought Buckley handled it well, you can sense when a coach is gone he didn't show any of that
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:39 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

“Expectations are like fine pottery. The harder you hold them, the more likely they are to crack.”
― Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

I really like that quote!! Cool

The Weed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

“Expectations are like fine pottery. The harder you hold them, the more likely they are to crack.”

I really like that quote!! 8)

He might be our next coach...sorry I thought it was Brenton Sanderson.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:38 pm

The Weed wrote:
Lazza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I really like that quote!! Cool

He might be our next coach...sorry I thought it was Brenton Sanderson.

Twisted Evil Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
barrybc41 wrote:
Chris Scott had different ideas on player usage

I'm not sure he and Bucks differed too much on this. Remember our high turnover is largely due to injuries and suspension to the following:

Ramsay
Sidey
Reid
Maynard
Sinclair
Howe
Varcoe
Witts

Yeah, different thing completely if those are players returning to the team as opposed to leaving.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:13 pm

He just said he was prepared to retain a player to
give him some confidence
It was after the discussion on our high player turn
over

Said it was his practice and said all senior coachs
have their own ideas

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Presti35 wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From AFL 360

I know losses are exactly that and when looking back, a W or an L is all that really matters.

But I just wanted to look at those losses in the second half of 2015.

1. Fremantle away. We'd been playing some decent football, were 8-3, and we lost this match by 7 points. We played a competitive match and were unlucky in the end. Freo would end up minor premiers.

2. Hawthorn. Emotional day after what happened in Adelaide. We lost to the eventual premiers by 10 points in another competitive match by the club.

3. Port Adelaide away. Again the emotions were high from the week before. We lost by 3 points. Again we were just unlucky in the final minutes.

4. West Coast at Etihad. Our momentum from the first half of the season was all but gone. We were with the eventual grand finalist until the start of the 4th quarter. They kicked 4 unanswered goals to win by 31 points.

5. Bulldogs at Etihad. I think we were favourites to win this one. I feel like the Dogs got a jump on us early and we never caught up. Moore had his career highlight game. We lost by 18 points.

6. Melbourne. This game I would rather forget. Another goalless final quarter saw us go down by 37 points. We were flat all day.

7. Sydney away. Another tough fought game. We'd come off a win against Carlton. We lost this one by 11 points. We gave up 5 goals in another final quarter fade out.

8. Essendon. We had a win over the Cats the week before and went in favorites. We lost by under a goal. I felt like there was no passion in this match, from both sides.

That ends the 2015 season. Of course we know what has happened 4 weeks into 2016.

I just find it unfair to bring up the 2015 losses as we were very competitive in just about all of them. Which is probably the reason we were expected to be much, much, better in 2016.

I still expect us to be much better in 2016. Not sure why 4 games into a 22 round H&A season people would discount the possibility.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:14 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
1. We expected the coach to have improved, because I blame 5 of these losses directly on the coach, in particular Port Adelaide, Bulldogs and Sydney being the most glaring because there was 110% effort from the players.
Port had that loose defender who got 250,000 possessions, Doggies the match ups were a disgrace, Sydney he subbed out Reid and left his injured boyfriend on.
2. Natural development
3. Improved fitness levels
4. Treloar Aish etc.

Yawn!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:24 pm

barrybc41 wrote:
He just said he was prepared to retain a player to
give him some confidence
It was after the discussion on our high player turn
over

Said it was his practice and said all senior coachs
have their own ideas

if one was to connect the dots of your post they would get an entirely different interpretation of what was actually said.

scott, like most coaches, likes to back his players to perform. this extends to supporting a player build his confidence. sometimes to the detriment of the player or team.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Any links to video yet?

Edit: sorry found it on CFC website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: