Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Play more kids,get SOMETHING out of season ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My attitude would be any player who doesn't figure in our best 22 in 2017-18 should be dropped now and only those players who feature in our future plans should be played to get games into their bodies. I'm prepared to say that 2016 is a development year and 2017 onwards will be our best years when we fight our way back up to the top of the ladder.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:55 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
My attitude would be any player who doesn't figure in our best 22 in 2017-18 should be dropped now and only those players who feature in our future plans should be played to get games into their bodies. I'm prepared to say that 2016 is a development year and 2017 onwards will be our best years when we fight our way back up to the top of the ladder.

So Swanny retires rather than going on after he gets over injury?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:

So Swanny retires rather than going on after he gets over injury?

I reckon Swan still has a couple of good years ahead of him and could contribute to the team going forward in 2017-18. So I would be encouraging him to keep going if he feels up to it. However we have some other players who don't offer much to the club going forward and I don't see any reason to keep persisting with them.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Reckon we've seen the last of swan, the real Swan anyway, given his age and his accomplishments I can't see him wanting it bad enough, and to get back he's going to have to want it bad, he's got nothing left to prove, needs to concentrate on making little babies now, of the male variety.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Reckon we've seen the last of swan, the real Swan anyway, given his age and his accomplishments I can't see him wanting it bad enough, and to get back he's going to have to want it bad, he's got nothing left to prove, needs to concentrate on making little babies now, of the male variety.

Agree.
I think he realizes that the top paddock is ready for his pleasure. Some people may call it the fat paddock!
Whatever you call it, no football will be played there.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:02 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Agree.
I think he realizes that the top paddock is ready for his pleasure. Some people may call it the fat paddock!

Take away his 2014 season and you have one of the best mids in the competition. Showed no signs of slowing down in 2015 and just bad luck he broke his ankle in the first game of the season. Don't know why you want to pick on Swanny when we have 4-5 players who haven't contributed anything in the last couple of years and are unlikely to offer much going forward.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:15 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Agree.

Take away his 2014 season and you have one of the best mids in the competition. Showed no signs of slowing down in 2015 and just bad luck he broke his ankle in the first game of the season. Don't know why you want to pick on Swanny when we have 4-5 players who haven't contributed anything in the last couple of years and are unlikely to offer much going forward.

No ones picking on the great man mate, but to get back he's going to have to go through hell, given his age is it really worth it? I'd love him to do it BTW, I just think it's unlikely.

Money will never be a factor for him, footy shows will be falling over themselves to sign him up post career.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Play the kids and see the team destroyed every week, no thanks, prefer them to be properly nurtured and when they play in the seniors to be surrounded with at least some experience.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:31 pm

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
Play the kids and see the team destroyed every week, no thanks, prefer them to be properly nurtured and when they play in the seniors to be surrounded with at least some experience.

So what's the point of playing senior players in the team that don't feature in the future plans of the club, when you have younger players deserving of a game and needing the experience, languishing in the VFL. Example of this is Kennedy who couldn't get a game last year, doing well at Melbourne this year after being able to string a few game together with his new club. Same could be said of Seedsman doing well at Adelaide after being offered continuity of games at his new club. Meanwhile we have players like Blair clocking up more and more games with very few bows to their string. Harks back to a player like Pattison who managed to string together about 100 games at Collingwood when he wouldn't have got a game with any other club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: