Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Young Grundy still Clumsy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What will Brownlow votes prove?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 pm

he's exactly were you would expect him to be in comparison to age and development.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 pm

I thought Grundy battled manfully against a far better opponent. At least he has begun to take the odd mark now and again. Hopefully he'll get much better in a year or two.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:45 am

I'm as hard a marker of Grundy as any going around, frustrates the heck out of me at times, but he was good today. Got beaten in hitouts but NicNat is nearly 26 and hitting his prime in rucking terms, Grundy has just turned 22 and Grundy clearly had as much impact around the ground given he had 21 disposals, NicNat 14.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:58 am

jackcass wrote:
I'm as hard a marker of Grundy as any going around, frustrates the heck out of me at times, but he was good today. Got beaten in hitouts but NicNat is nearly 26 and hitting his prime in rucking terms, Grundy has just turned 22 and Grundy clearly had as much impact around the ground given he had 21 disposals, NicNat 14.

So Joe - what do u think about the Buck's position as senior coach for the record - right now ?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:06 am

I'm seriously offended by seeing the OP refer to the lad as a "weak prick". There's no place for that on this board. Points can be made and discussion had without disrespecting the players as people.

"Crap thread" is right.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm seriously offended by seeing the OP refer to the lad as a "weak prick". There's no place for that on this board. Points can be made and discussion had without disrespecting the players as people.

"Crap thread" is right.

Mate take a look around.....the names multiple players are allowed to be called on this board is a complete disgrace.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:45 am

ronrat wrote:
When the scumpires led by Gerbil Healy learn to leave him he will be a superstar

That just gave me a good LOL Very Happy

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:52 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:

So Joe - what do u think about the Buck's position as senior coach for the record - right now ?

Relevance to the thread?

For the record, my view of Bucks remains unchanged from what I said preseason.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 am

jackcass wrote:

not getting first use of the ball at a stoppage is hurting us. not having access to witts might mean moving cox to first ruck with cloke in the forward line might mitigate this. that would mean a spot for grundy in the 22 is in jeopardy.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 am

that was Mick Laughing

Last edited by Skids on Tue May 03, 2016 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:09 am

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:

not getting first use of the ball at a stoppage is hurting us. not having access to witts might mean moving cox to first ruck with cloke in the forward line might mitigate this. that would mean a spot for grundy in the 22 is in jeopardy.

Yep, Witts could not have hurt his hand at a worse time. Grabbed the number 1 ruck spot preseason and we haven't seen the benefit of that.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am

thompsoc wrote:
NicNat smashed both our rucks.
He will get 3 brownlow votes for today.
It was depressing to watch.
Showed how far he is behind the best.

Even though, an interesting contest put up by the bloke (22y.o) who hasn't even played 50 games against a pretty good ruckman (26y.o) who's in his 8th season and arguably, at his peak.
If you look at Naitanuis first 46 games, its's even more interesting.
He was Averaging; 12.9 disposals and 17 hitouts, with Dean Cox as his mentor. Remembering the umpire factor here also, Nic had a +15 disposals thanks to the umpires where Brodies so far is - 27 (granted, there's been a few sloppy ones given away, but please Rolling Eyes )

I think people are way too quick to knock this young fella.

God help Big Mason Cox if he has an average game, people will want him deported on here.

Brodie Grundy- 46 games... - 6.7 Avg Kicks - 6.9 Avg H/Ball - 13.6 Avg Disposals - 3 Avg Marks - 21.6 Avg H/outs - 3.9 Avg Tackles - 62 FF - 89 FA..... Has kicked 14.17

Nick Naitanui - 137 games... - 4.8 Avg Kicks - 7.4 Avg H/Ball - 12.2 Avg Disposals - 1.9 Avg Marks - 23.6 Avg H/outs - 3.6 Avg Tackles - FF 208 - FA 159.... Has kicked 92.60
Shocked

They both also had very different routes to the AFL;

Brodie - A former basketball player, Grundy switched to Australian rules football in 2010.[2] Following a successful season playing as a ruckman with South Australian National Football League (SANFL) club Sturt's junior teams, Grundy was recruited by Collingwood with draft pick #18 in the 2012 AFL Draft.

Grundy was the Round 22 nomination for the 2013 AFL Rising Star award.

Nic - He took up playing football at the age of nine, when he began playing for the Midvale Junior Football Club. As a child, he lived on Bushby Street in Midvale, along with Michael Walters and Chris Yarran, who would both go on to play AFL football, for Fremantle and Carlton, respectively.[5] Two further future AFL players, David Ellard and Jeff Garlett (both Carlton), also played with Naitanui, Walters and Yarran at the Midvale Junior Football Club.[6]

Naitanui attended Governor Stirling Senior High School and played football there, as well as for his club, the Swan Districts Colts (underage) side in the West Australian Football League (WAFL). During his time in junior and colts football, he played predominantly in the ruck, however he also was used on the wing or at full-back.[7] Naitanui also excelled at basketball and track and field events, particularly high jump, and was asked by recruiters to trial with American universities, but declined to do so.[8]

In the 2007 Under-18 AFL National Championships, Naitanui was dominant in the ruck for Western Australia, and was named Best On Ground in the final. Following his performance, he was hotly pursued by several AFL clubs. However, he was born just a few days too late to qualify for the 2007 AFL draft.[9] He was named in the Under-18 All-Australian Team in both 2007 and 2008, and was awarded a scholarship with the Australian Institute of Sport to become a member of the AIS/AFL Academy Squad.[10][11]

A much-hyped Naitanui was invited to the 2008 AFL Draft Camp and his results were impressive. He managed to equal the running vertical jump record previously set by Jared Brennan, but just fell short of Trent Croad's standing jump record. His sprint, agility and endurance tests were also impressive.

Many media commentators believed that Naitanui was in contention to be taken as the number 1 pick in the 2008 AFL Draft.[7] The Melbourne Football Club, who retained that pick, had looked at Naitanui, but raised concerns about his skill level, in particular his kicking, and instead selected Victorian Jack Watts.

Last edited by Skids on Tue May 03, 2016 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am

Great pick up Skids some sense is well out of place it seems
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 am

BBHS wrote:
Great pick up Skids some sense is well out of place it seems

Very true, but one day Corey Gault will overtake both these gentleman!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: