Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In defence of OUR coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He will lose his job in the next month. He won't survive the maulings after the Bulldogs and Cats games.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:05 pm

If it had been any one else other than Nathan Buckley, he'd have been sacked by now.

Who he is and what he did for us as a player shouldn't come into it.

He can't coach.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Geez, I'm with you Rudeboy but posting a positive thread at the moment is like ladelling chum into shark infested waters.

Injuries are not an excuse, they are a reason though.

Game plan? We have a game plan. When the players execute it, it works well. The question is, if a first year 3 game player can follow it, the question is why can't the more experienced players?

I agree the vitriol being thrown at a club champion who bleeds black and white is disgusting. It reminds me of what got thrown at Tony Shaw who was hamstrung by poor recruiting and administration yet gave his best.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:16 pm

What has he done as a coach to deserve any defending?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:20 pm

sadly, threads like these are like blood for the sharks that want to feast on the carcass of a sacked coach. i love how some of our so-called supporters are so prepared to sink the boots in and kick the club when it's down. no one has to like what is happening and no one is blind to what is going on but laying the boots in says a lot about people's characters. i hope these same people lau the boots into other people that let them down in other aspects of their lives or are happy to cop a kicking if they ever fail anyone.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Losing to Carlton no doubt pissed Edward off and the straw that broke the camels back. He will be on notice and the trouble is he hasn't got a team to actually win. Another great player to fail as a coach. I am all for people backing Buckley and supporting him as you do rudeboy. It seems those behind Buckley are pulling knives now.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:23 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I'm just shocked the axe hasn't fallen up to now. Almost nothing barring a wooden spoon could be worse then what this club is going through right now, its mind boggling.

The Treloar deal looks like a kick in the head ATM.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Rude I get where your coming from mate.
There isn't a single player who has gone that directly related to anything to do with the coaching of Bucks.
In fact he made some hard calls which IMO have improved our list going forward.
I wished nothing but the best for all of them when they departed this is a business after all
I'm with you that Bucks the coach is a completely diffent topic to Bucks the magpie champion
At seasons end the club will make the best decision be it what it needs to be but there is nothing surer than Bucks is a legend of the club and regardless of his coaching outcome he bleeds black & white
Some of the posters here just want him to fail it's a tall poppy syndrome at its worst
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:30 pm

If Buckley really did love Collingwood he would walk gracefully now. He has mortgaged our short term future and set us back a further year as he and Hine gave away countless picks for Treloar & Aish.

But he won't as he is stubborn and is all about the $
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
sadly, threads like these are like blood for the sharks that want to feast on the carcass of a sacked coach. i love how some of our so-called supporters are so prepared to sink the boots in and kick the club when it's down. no one has to like what is happening and no one is blind to what is going on but laying the boots in says a lot about people's characters. i hope these same people lau the boots into other people that let them down in other aspects of their lives or are happy to cop a kicking if they ever fail anyone.

mmmmmm blood …. delicious
someone has become so biased that they actually believe kicking Buckley is kicking the club …. no my challenged friend

again your blind unnatural love for your hero has made u totally irrational

I'm sure nathan will cope with his new media career and multi millions
Hey he can even keep his special friend Sinclair to tend to his rose bushes
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:40 pm

John Wren wrote:

They're almost all relatively new posters (even Defender, who I assume to be Bob Sugar, changes his name from time to time) who have no history of posting when things are good. They're just white ants who smell soft wood and the chance to defecate on one of the greatest players ever to pull on the jumper. There are a few exceptions who I regard as genuine Collingwood people - Thompsoc, Dyso - who have been here for a long time and established their credentials as Collingwood supporters by caring and celebrating when we are going well.

The misery-guts' arguments are essentially circular - Buckley cannot coach because we are not winning games, and we are not winning games because he cannot coach. QED. There is no real analysis or acknowledgement of the complex reality that injuries, inexperience, instability, development pathways, role coverage (esp rucks - see "The Agenda" on the club website re this) are all part of the problem ; or the even more salient reality that we do not know what the answer is because we do not have enough information. Maybe it's just Buckley - I just don't know, but I doubt it. He was able to extract strong performances through much of last year before it fell apart through injury.

Your thread is spot on. Nathan Buckley has done more for Collingwood than I ever have, and he deserves some reflexive loyalty as a result. His player moves have been justifiable and generally sound (you forgot letting Thomas go, btw, which was a superb call). Not all bets have worked out because of injuries to Scharenberg and Freeman - both of whom should be experienced players adding value by now - but I think we're in front on the transfer ledger, and that is all that can reasonably be expected.

I have spent years looking at senior executives and I still believe that Buckley is a credible general with an army that has taken too many casualties and needs to regroup to be effective. I will review that assessment at the end of 2016. I still have hope that the year may yield some positive surprises as we stabilise, and as Moore, Cox and Treloar and De Goey and Witts and Adams continue to develop, and the injury gods leave us alone. Side by Side. Floreat Pica, in the good times and the bad.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Jez07 wrote:
Agree. A poor thread.

Why? Because you don't agree?

I cant see Bucks surviving going into 2017, but that doesn't mean its a poor thread.

OP still makes some valid points.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:53 pm

John Wren wrote:

So we should give people who work for the Club Blow Jobs Rolling Eyes

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Mugwump wrote:
John Wren wrote:

They're almost all relatively new posters (even Defender, who I assume to be Bob Sugar, changes his name from time to time) who have no history of posting when things are good. They're just white ants who smell soft wood and the chance to defecate on one of the greatest players ever to pull on the jumper. There are a few exceptions who I regard as genuine Collingwood people - Thompsoc, Dyso - who have been here for a long time and established their credentials as Collingwood supporters by caring and celebrating when we are going well.

The misery-guts' arguments are essentially circular - Buckley cannot coach because we are not winning games, and we are not winning games because he cannot coach. QED. There is no real analysis or acknowledgement of the complex reality that injuries, inexperience, instability, development pathways, role coverage (esp rucks - see "The Agenda" on the club website re this) are all part of the problem ; or the even more salient reality that we do not know what the answer is because we do not have enough information. Maybe it's just Buckley - I just don't know, but I doubt it. He was able to extract strong performances through much of last year before it fell apart through injury.

Your thread is spot on. Nathan Buckley has done more for Collingwood than I ever have, and he deserves some reflexive loyalty as a result. His player moves have been justifiable and generally sound (you forgot letting Thomas go, btw, which was a superb call). Not all bets have worked out because of injuries to Scharenberg and Freeman - both of whom should be experienced players adding value by now - but I think we're in front on the transfer ledger, and that is all that can reasonably be expected.

I have spent years looking at senior executives and I still believe that Buckley is a credible general with an army that has taken too many casualties and needs to regroup to be effective. I will review that assessment at the end of 2016. I still have hope that the year may yield some positive surprises as we stabilise, and as Moore, Cox and Treloar and De Goey and Witts and Adams continue to develop, and the injury gods leave us alone. Side by Side. Floreat Pica, in the good times and the bad.

Well said Mugwump. Time to circle the wagons and stand Side by Side.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Again, I ask. Why should he be defended?

The culture, envrionment and player / coach relationships are the reason why characters such as Wellingham and Harry went off the rails. That culture is set by the coach.

How can Buckley be absolved of any accountability why these players couldn't get the best out of themselves in the culture he has set?

Last edited by Jez07 on Mon May 09, 2016 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: