Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round Table: Chief Executives

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jez07 wrote:
Pert is a PR spinner and a control freak. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he said about Buckley.

He is tied to the hip with Kelly and the Sucession plan.

Before show (hoping for statement that will condemn Buckley).

"Interesting show coming up, Pert will talk about the coach, check it out."

After show (when no such statement is forthcoming).

"Bunch of liars, don't waste your time with that rubbish".
Jez07 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Pert, Buckley & Kelly formulated the succesion plan along with Eddie, Mick & Peter Sidwell (Mick's manager).

Aside from their professional relationships (Kelly is Buckley's manager), Pert & Kelly are close friends. Ditto Buckley & Gary (he said that on the show).

Try as hard as you want, you aren't going to get Pert to concede that Buckley is in the gun given his success or lack of it as it reflects directly on Pert.

Some of you guys are too funny. You don't really get the relationships at play here.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
So Club is happy to make this Season a Potential Right Off just to keep Bucks

I wouldn't say the club is happy to make any season a write off to keep anyone, I think it's more about not making a kneejerk decision because a bunch of people and the media want Buckley sacked.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:49 pm

I was sitting sipping on several schooners earlier today getting myself ready for tonight's game when something struck me (and it wasn't the barmaid)
On the CEO forum the other night the drugs saga was raised and Pert made the following statements
1 - He couldn't believe the players haven't been affected by the drugs saga. He said they sat down with the playing group and asked them but no one said it had affected them. He went onto say I can't for the life of me rationalise how it hasn't affected the players.
2 - He said the journalist in question rang him prior to the story being released and telling him his information including the number. Pert said I told him the number was completely incorrect he asked the actual number then and I told him I wasn't able to disclose that as it was confidential information. He said I reiterated again the number he spoke of was 100% wrong. He said the journalist also contacted the AFL for confirmation and was again told the number was completely incorrect.
Ok so both the club & AFL told slobbo the number was wrong then why would he continue to report it under the guise he had checked it and it was correct which he stated on afl 360 on more than one occasion
I'm of the understanding the AFL and the media are in partnership and there is a agreement in place (not sure if it's written or gentlemans) that basically says the media can report any story but if they speak to a club or AFL official who tells them the story is incorrect that it won't be run.
Now Pert says Slobbo spoke to him and someone at the afl then why did the story still run and secondly why haven't the afl come out all guns blazing (like they did in the Essendon saga) defending the club and players ?
I vividly remember the Greek dim sim coming out and lampooning media outlets for printing and reporting baseless and false claims. I remember one claim had parents threatening violence against the coaching staff and another instance of a multitude of illicit drugs being injected into the players.
Where's the protection of our club and players ?
Why haven't the AFL come out in our defence ?
I'm not condoning anyone for taking anything but if 25% or more of our list were accused of failing a hair test and the number is actually much lower (I've heard it was 6 or 7 or around 15/16%)
There needs to be accountability in everyone's job how come no one has held him to account over this ?
No wonder Bucks on Monday nights stares daggers through the fat idiot
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Robbos rationale for running the story was that he was advised he couldn't get sued. This is the new standard for journalists. Factual correctness is the old.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:32 pm

You don't say.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Jez07 wrote:
Pert, Buckley & Kelly formulated the succesion plan along with Eddie, Mick & Peter Sidwell (Mick's manager).

Aside from their professional relationships (Kelly is Buckley's manager), Pert & Kelly are close friends. Ditto Buckley & Gary (he said that on the show).

Try as hard as you want, you aren't going to get Pert to concede that Buckley is in the gun given his success or lack of it as it reflects directly on Pert.

Some of you guys are too funny. You don't really get the relationships at play here.

Humble apologies, we should all succumb, grovel and bathe in your magnificence as it's clear you have far superior inside knowledge and intellect than any others on this board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: