Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pauline Hanson Converts to Islam

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have war stories, John. How dare you turn this one personal.

I helped remove 2 children from a house where the mother was using. 2 beautiful little children, two different dads. Older child, dad took her, younger child given back to foster care because the grandparents wouldn't allow their precious son to look after the child of a prostitute. Any moron can get someone pregnant, it takes a real man to step up to the plate and be a father.

I've helped a woman move out of home, the husband magically appeared and threatened to kill me. And no, I wasn't the boyfriend.

I have seen a father hit his young son across the head with his fist in a supermarket, and didn't have the guts to stand up to him.

I'd rather have angry dads vote for Pauline than throw their kids off the West Gate, or drive them into a dam.

My wise old aunty said why do you feel sorry for these guys, who kill their kids then kill themselves. They're murderers, plain and simple.

I have dedicated my life to helping people, you have dedicated your life to making rich kids richer.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:04 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
They want to abolish the Family Court and replace it with a panel of ordinary Australians.

Th Family Court is in dire need of revamping - it is inherently biased in favor of women even when the women are shown to be appalling mothers - yes I know there are lots of dead beat dads too - but hey at least give the decent ones trying to do the right thing a chance!!

14 yrs I spent doing my brother's family law court stuff - he bought up his daughter with the help of my mother - he worked but couldn't afford a lawyer - every time the mother decided to show an interest a tax payer funded lawyer showed up for her cause she never worked a day in her life!

As it is now its a joke - just a mountain of useless paperwork and a pay day for lawyers - it needs reform badly!! Evil or Very Mad

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:05 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
We all have war stories, John. How dare you turn this one personal.

I have dedicated my life to helping people, you have dedicated your life to making rich kids richer.

Yeah we all have war stories, but I reckon that last bit is out of line and plain wrong. Just my personal opinion.

I raised 2 kids as a divorced father with a useless ex wife. I've gone into details before so I won't again. I've also seen other good men screwed over seriously by the bias in the current system.

I'm not denying in any way that there's a number of deadbeat dads and plenty of single mothers doing it hard after leaving a bad relationship, but to generalise about one side or the other being all saints or all sinners is BS.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Oh gosh I am sorry!
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Quote:
So stick your sneering, anti father bullshit up your arse

That was a personal attack, so I responded in kind. I stand by it. Ultra conservatives are not the most useful of God's creations, even God doesn't like them that much.

If you bothered to read my original post it was not having a go at Hansen, or even dads in general, but merely trying to analyse the election. It is true that most relationships are ended by women. Trying to bully them into dead marriages or relationships helps nobody. No fault divorce was brought in to make divorce easier for both parties. To go back to the scandals reported in Truth helps nobody either.

There is more to the Hansen phenomenon than meets the eye, but to abolish an entire institution because someone had a bad experience makes no sense. What next? Abolish the criminal court because some crims got light sentences?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Hansen is a populist oxygen thief and I don't support abolishing the family court but by geez it does need a big shake up.

Unfortunately, as per the article I posted in the Feminism thread there's an unfortunate trend of trying to promote female issues by attacking men, so any mainstream view of reforming the family court would likely be met with the same vitriolic generalisations.

Sometimes it takes an extreme view to start a conversation that can end in a sensible outcome.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:47 pm

Interestingly, we have a few people in the Senate trying to radically reform the family court at the moment Hinch so that it's more in favour of mothers, Hanson (and the outgoing John Madigan) so it's more in favour of fathers. Makes you wonder what the correct answer is (maybe both have elements of truth in different ways).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:09 pm

^

I think the correct answer is to be gender neutral on the issue, stop favouring one parent over the other on the basis of gender and look at the facts like a court of law does.

A man can be just as good (or bad) a parent as a woman can. Kids don't need their mum, they need at least one good parent regardless of gender.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:27 pm

357,475, eh? We're going to need a bigger wall than usual to put them up against when the revolution comes.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
357,475, eh? We're going to need a bigger wall than usual to put them up against when the revolution comes.

They're up to 366,439 in the Senate according to ABC.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:05 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

I think the correct answer is to be gender neutral on the issue, stop favouring one parent over the other on the basis of gender and look at the facts like a court of law does.

A man can be just as good (or bad) a parent as a woman can. Kids don't need their mum, they need at least one good parent regardless of gender.

I totally agree with this.

I have friends who work I child protection, the stories are terrifying.

A lot of parents out there need a damn good shake up. Using kids as weapons or blackmailing tools is just not on.

I agree with Reagans auntie, but it goes for both/all genders.

What does this have to do with Pauline Hanson though! Those figures are scary shit! Kinda like the trump thing here at the moment.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:31 am

Jezza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

They're up to 366,439 in the Senate according to ABC.

One Nation is electorally irrelevant in most of Australia, with the Greens, across the board, having about 9% of the vote (more than double the One Nation vote and nearly three-times the NXP vote).

It's quite interesting looking at the State by State Senate voting. What it suggests is as follows:

In NSW, One Nation got about 4% of the vote. The informal vote was nearly 7%. The Greens got about twice the One Nation vote.

One Nation is a disaster in Queensland for the LNP (One Nation up 8.5%, LNP down 7.3%). There's no real surprise in that - Hanson was, of course, originally an LNP candidate before she was disendorsed.

In Victoria, Hinch is a disaster for the LNP (Hinch got 6%, LNP down 7.3%). The informal vote was about 6%. One Nation got less than 2%. The Greens got about 6 times the One Nation vote.

In WA, the informal vote (about 5%) was again higher than the One Nation vote. The Greens got 11%.

In SA, NXP has over 20% of the vote, although its vote was down about 3% at this election. Both the LNP and ALP had 5% increases, the Greens lost about 1.5% and the One Nation vote (2.9%, up 2.6%) more or less replaced the Palmer UP vote (down 2.6%). The informal vote is 5.3%. The Greens got more than double the One Nation vote.

In Tasmania, One Nation is electorally irrelevant. Lambie's party got about 9% of the vote (presumably including most of the PUP's former 6%). The informal vote was double the One Nation vote. The Greens got over 11% of the vote.

Neither of the territories matter, because they only elect two senators (one for each of the major parties).

Thus, accepting that there are specific issues that the major parties need to understand and deal with in Queensland and SA, a much bigger question is whether either of them can discourage the voters from drawing penises on their ballot papers (informal votes run at about twice the rate that people vote for One Nation).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:56 am

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Chreap? & what's not to sneer at?

She's making Australia compete with Mississippi & Kentucky. Wink Rolling Eyes

In fact my sneer personally gave her 3-4 senators

Such a misogynist. Can't handle a strong independent woman in Parliament.

Laughing

I think you're confusing me with you (projection is never a good look)
or your mate Leyonhjelm Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 am

One of the issues with Hanson is who she is surrounding her self with.

Ashby of Peter Slipper fame is an advisor.

There is also a running mate who is from the coal is good lobby who has ties to the well funded anti climate science groups

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 am

Quote:
Keith OBrien recently toured the American Rust Belt speaking to blue-collar workers who were contemplating going Trump, simply because their towns are falling apart and the organisations and institutions they once relied upon have collapsed. That doesnt mean Trumpism represents a working class insurgency, nor that Trumpite racism isnt a threat. But OBriens unemployed coal miners clearly wont be soothed by more slick political PR. On the contrary, they like Trumps brashness precisely because it upsets the establishment culture that they loathe.
Jeff Sparrow the guardian 7.7.16

For the last 50 years we have watched the other Australian dream disappear. The one where Edward Bishop, WW1 veteran, could work a million hard jobs, such as breaking up road metal, in order to by and run a farm (In the series Bishops Australia). For those already on farms, the loss of a livelihood means also a loss of one's home and probably leaving one's community to get work. So they vote for Trump, or Pauline, or independents. National party seats are safer, but there are less of them.

People want certainty, but that's the last thing they are going to get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: