Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sam Weidemann

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Thought about this watching the Melbourne game today. Comes down to how badly we wanted Treloar at our club. The question answers itself when you see how our midfield has performed this season. Without Treloar who knows how our midfield would have performed. I'm thankful we have Treloar. That's all you can say.

Don't forget how badly we wanted Golds too!

The Weed 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Just came from his house, he used to love the Tigers. He has no connection in his mind to the Pies. So let's move on.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:55 am

^ I know we live in a world where you're supposed to make your own choices and all that. But how the heck did that happen? Father and grandfather played for the club. It's got me baffled.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:34 am

Presti35 wrote:
^ I know we live in a world where you're supposed to make your own choices and all that. But how the heck did that happen? Father and grandfather played for the club. It's got me baffled.

Probably because of all the assumptions made when growing up that he was a pies fan

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:40 am

I guess that could be a reason. It's also a huge expectation to fill. It's just disappointing as a Pies supporter. Especially since my dad always used to say Murray Weideman was his favourite player growing up.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:51 pm

The Weed wrote:
Just came from his house, he used to love the Tigers. He has no connection in his mind to the Pies. So let's move on.

Pretty damn weird, considering his Grandpa was a former great Magpies Captain, I really don't get that one. Confused Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The Weed wrote:

Pretty damn weird, considering his Grandpa was a former great Magpies Captain, I really don't get that one. Confused Shocked

Well his Dad, Mark did not have much success at Collingwood, and perhaps he blamed the club for this and passed on these negative attitudes to his son? I've got no idea, but it's possible.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:31 pm

^RB it's possible his grandfather didn't exactly sing hosanna about the Club, either, in the end. For the McGuire haters in need of perspective, it's worth googling Ern Clarke.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^RB it's possible his grandfather didn't exactly sing hosanna about the Club, either, in the end. For the McGuire haters in need of perspective, it's worth googling Ern Clarke.

Dunno bout that mate, there is a great pic of him, holding the 1958 cup, along with Lou, shaw, and Maxy, all holding their sides cups, and he looks very pleased indeed. Just because he had a fight with that moron Clarke means nothing, Clarke was never the Club itself, and I do recall prior to the 1990 GF Murray was really hoping and praying that the flag drought would be broken, he was overjoyed when we won, and another team had premiership glory ahead of his side of 58. Wink

Colin G Wood 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The Weed wrote:

Well his Dad, Mark did not have much success at Collingwood, and perhaps he blamed the club for this and passed on these negative attitudes to his son? I've got no idea, but it's possible.

Great example of the uniformed crap regularly touted on here. I only come on here to take a temperature check on the fans attitude and it's the first time I've posted in a while. Mark Weideman remains a staunch Collingwood man - like his Dad. I know that because I've heard it from his own mouth.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Don't think he was a Pies supporter growing up so I doubt he was particularly fussed getting to us... but on the bright side, someone who did actually grow up a Pies supporter is petracca !!

He supported the Tigers growing up.

themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:13 am

Colin G Wood wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The Weed wrote:

Great example of the uniformed crap regularly touted on here. I only come on here to take a temperature check on the fans attitude and it's the first time I've posted in a while. Mark Weideman remains a staunch Collingwood man - like his Dad. I know that because I've heard it from his own mouth.

Ok then, pops and dad love the club and junior doesn't, let's not waste any more time discussing him then, he's under the influence of the emperor now (Barassi) and lost to the dark side.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 pm

^I can just imagine Grandpa watching his grandson run around in Deeees games, on TV, hoping like hell his heir does really well, but loathing thru gritted teeth the colours of his jumper, and the obnoxious club he now represents. !

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Very poor kicking by Hawthorn cost them that game - that and Gawn thrashing the Hawthorn rucks. I suppose the "why did we not get Weideman?" thread was a good stop-gap on a day when Ceglar couldn't touch the football.

How's James Stewart going? Does he have his 70th goal for the season, yet?

Laughable really isn't it.

Agree though that we did miss out. Can't believe he wasn't still available when we had our 1st live pick in the draft at pick 32. It's just rude!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Kids are kids.

He is way too young to have seen his father play, his parents are divorced I believe and if Dad didn't push the issue of which club he should support he would've made up his own mind like many kids do.

Also, some kids want to be like their dads, others want to carve their own path. I couldn't teach my son to do anything when he was younger as whatever I said he wanted to do it his way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: