Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Morale and Culture??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
How is Stoner's kicking?

Pat tense. And yes he did great winning 2 World Championships and only injury curbed a third before his 26th birthday and no homesick whinge either!

I'm a huge Stoner fan & to be honest he did quit because he was sick of all the travel & wanted to return to Australia with his wife & daughter. Had been living overseas since he was a young boy.
Tubewayarmy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:22 am

There was nothing wrong with him, WA told him to pull the family / mental card so he can be delisted then picked up for nothing - FACT!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:24 am

What happened?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:16 am

woftam wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
How is Stoner's kicking?

Pat tense. And yes he did great winning 2 World Championships and only injury curbed a third before his 26th birthday and no homesick whinge either!

I'm a huge Stoner fan .....

Yeah I used to be a fan of being a stoner too but that was too many years ago.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:17 am

Isn't Morale & Culture the new Orwellian name for Personnel, sorry Human Resources these days?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:34 am

It's easier to retain players when you are winning.
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Doggies, Hawks, GWS, Suns, Cats, Pies all lost players to the go home/home sickness factor. Four of those clubs played finals this year so why did players leave? Certainly not because the clubs were not winning. In recent times we have lost Beams and now Marsh - not a lot. Yes we have had a few ask for trades and a few moved on, same as every club, and we have benefited pretty well from the come home factor.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:47 pm

Gotta admit... I'm a Melbourne guy that has been to Margaret River twice in my life and even I get a little homesick for it from time to time. It's a lovely place
daicos35 Leo

Is an Phromhroinn linne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Geek wrote:
Gotta admit... I'm a Melbourne guy that has been to Margaret River twice in my life and even I get a little homesick for it from time to time. It's a lovely place

Beat me to it Very Happy Some places are harder to leave, Marg's, very nice. Shame to lose Marshy though. Can he play WAFL if he's retired?

ROB 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:40 pm

We know nothing about the exact circumstance of this decision. Reasons could range from ill family members through addiction, gambling, money etc. How dare anyone sit in judgement of a person who has decided to put family ahead of anything else.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Soft as butter! We live in a world where famous sporting Aussie 20+ year old millennials like:

* Jason Day
* Sally Fitzgibbon
* Casey Stoner

whose exploits involve 11 months overseas each year don't pull the "homesick card" and are hardened for the commitment. Yet in AFL, we have luminaries such as Gary Ablett pulling the "homesick card" amidst 10-20 others every October!!!

Pathetic.

All individual sports where they get to move to the beat of their own drum.

Even harder with no one to blame or lean on!

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:52 am

daicos35 wrote:
Geek wrote:

Beat me to it Very Happy Some places are harder to leave, Marg's, very nice. Shame to lose Marshy though. Can he play WAFL if he's retired?

It's a long trip to Melbourne from Margaret River, at least 8 hours of flying and driving each way, not exactly easy to go and see the folks and mates when you need a friendly face. I thought he tried really hard when I saw him play. two years in a row he had bad injuries right at the end of the season. And yep, I'd rather live in Margaret River than Melbourne.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Tubewayarmy wrote:
There was nothing wrong with him, WA told him to pull the family / mental card so he can be delisted then picked up for nothing - FACT!

The fact is that you are 100% wrong. And if you think there was nothing wrong with him, you are getting inaccurate information.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:20 am

Back on topic. Morale and culture these days are buzz words spoken to either sell the strength of the club or defend a club that's been damaged.

Let's deal with each individually.
Morale. At times on all work places morale can be hi or low depending on several factors. Footy clubs are no different. The morale can be high even without success if all those involved believe they area all singing from the same hymn book. Conversely it can be low if there are splintered groups pulling in different directions all believing there direction is right.

Culture. Depending on how you view this term it depends how important it is. Me personally culture is more a history of a club and what it stands for both on and off the field. Changing culture doesn't actually happen if the clubs history has been shown due respect by all those currently charged with guarding it. What Bucks actually was doing was imparting his own version of discipline. It wasn't cultural adjustment he didn't want certain players who he viewed as being bad examples for either on field or off field behaviour. That isn't a culture it's a behavioural issue and one persons belief on what is acceptable and what isn't.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 am

ROB wrote:
We know nothing about the exact circumstance of this decision. Reasons could range from ill family members through addiction, gambling, money etc. How dare anyone sit in judgement of a person who has decided to put family ahead of anything else.

Agree

Be a shame though if we could have got something worthwhile for him in a trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: