Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome back Schazza

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Bux shall bring Ramsay in instead. Ouch

From all reports, Ramsay had a great game too.

But yes, The Berg should be first selection.

E 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:18 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
BUCKS THE GREATEST wrote:
The start of the season they set him a goal to play 6 straight in the 2's before considering him in the ones. One of my mates is friends with Sando

It's this sort of rigid thinking that has got us into trouble so early into the season. Coaches need to follow their instincts and hunches about players rather than follow some predetermined plan about when players can play or not play. Trust me. Scharenberg is ready.

you mean like having a rule that Reid MUST NOT PLAY FORWARD because his body inst able to cope but then going with your gut and doing it anyway???

Maybe the medicos should be listened to when they say the knee needs at least 6 weeks playing at a slower speed of VFL rather than exposing it to the rigors of AFL!!!

A third knee would be diabolical.

Let's wait until medical strategy suggests he should play and dont be swayed by short term desires for you to see the BERG return!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:06 am

E wrote:
The start of the season they set him a goal to play 6 straight in the 2's before considering him in the ones. One of my mates is friends with Sando

It's this sort of rigid thinking that has got us into trouble so early into the season. Coaches need to follow their instincts and hunches about players rather than follow some predetermined plan about when players can play or not play. Trust me. Scharenberg is ready.

you mean like having a rule that Reid MUST NOT PLAY FORWARD because his body inst able to cope but then going with your gut and doing it anyway???

Maybe the medicos should be listened to when they say the knee needs at least 6 weeks playing at a slower speed of VFL rather than exposing it to the rigors of AFL!!!

Let's wait until medical strategy suggests he should play and dont be swayed by short term desires for you to see the BERG return!

VFL is purely about conditioning. That's a physical determination to decide that the player has the physical fitness to survive an AFL game. The coaching staff make that determination, not the medical staff who's job it is to repair the damage of a football injury and return the player to the field.

Anybody with a set of eyes attending the VFL could tell that Scharenberg is ready to play in AFL again. The only argument should be about whether he is better than the guy he is replacing. Ramsay also had a good game. They should both come back in. It's not as if the senior team is playing so well that they can't fit Scharenberg and Ramsay back in.

As for the argument about Reid, forward work requires more change of direction. Last time he played forward he got injured. I thought the decision to play him him forward this time was more about panic than good planning, but many on this board supported the decision to play him forward. Poor decision because it deprives us of our best CHB for a prolonged period and doesn't alleviate the lack of tall timber to support Moore.
E 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 am

E wrote:

VFL is purely about conditioning. That's a physical determination to decide that the player has the physical fitness to survive an AFL game. The coaching staff make that determination, not the medical staff who's job it is to repair the damage of a football injury and return the player to the field.

Anybody with a set of eyes attending the VFL could tell that Scharenberg is ready to play in AFL again. The only argument should be about whether he is better than the guy he is replacing. Ramsay also had a good game. They should both come back in. It's not as if the senior team is playing so well that they can't fit Scharenberg and Ramsay back in.

As for the argument about Reid, forward work requires more change of direction. Last time he played forward he got injured. I thought the decision to play him him forward this time was more about panic than good planning, but many on this board supported the decision to play him forward. Poor decision because it deprives us of our best CHB for a prolonged period and doesn't alleviate the lack of tall timber to support Moore.

Its funny how you and i said exactly the same thing, but you have written the email like you disagree with me!

In your words, if the medicos agreed to give him a minimum of 6 weeks of match conditioning in the twos, they should stick to it so they have no regrets.

In your words. Isn't panicking something you do with your gut?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am

To me playing Scharenberg in the side to play Brisbane makes good sense. He replaces Aish who's injured. You shouldn't even have to think about.

The bigger question is what to do with a disfunctional forward line (apart fro Moore and Elliot) which got a get out jail free card, courtesy of a midfield which got on top of Hawthorn in the second half. Playing no tall forwards in the forward line hasn't worked since the game was invented in the 1860's, but I suspect that won't stop Buckley from trying to make it work.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:29 pm

They are being extra extra conservative with Scharenberg due to his injury history and they want him to be a 10 year player for the club and not a 2 year player.

I have no issue with them being patient and conservative with him given the above.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 pm

To me playing Scharenberg in the side to play Brisbane makes good sense. He replaces Aish who's injured. You shouldn't even have to think about.

The bigger question is what to do with a disfunctional forward line (apart fro Moore and Elliot) which got a get out jail free card, courtesy of a midfield which got on top of Hawthorn in the second half. Playing no tall forwards in the forward line hasn't worked since the game was invented in the 1860's, but I suspect that won't stop Buckley from trying to make it work.

Instant fix:

Drop Fasolo Drop Fasolo and Drop Fasolo

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm

The club have been tweeting about Sharenberg's 41 possessions and his highlights clip. Cannot help but think he must be on the brink of selection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: