Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas - Get him back? Or too old?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Ed on the radio today said he believed Daisy got upset because Mason kept saying to him "Who are you?", "Who are you?".
Daisy took this as Mason trash talking him but Mason actually didn't have a clue who he was.

CLASSIC!

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am

Pies2016 wrote:
We just don’t need a 32 year old six foot flanker on next year’s list ( Collingwood premiership player or not )

Didnt we just pay one $500k per year for the past 3 years?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:01 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Did Dale play?

Did he do anything?

Did he get an effective possession?

Dale Thomas
25 possessions, 12 marks, 103 points (WTFAT?)
Disposal efficiency was 85%

If he put up those numbers for Collingwood yesterday, then statistically he would have been our 4th best player behind Pendles, Sidey and Phillips.

For comparison, our Josh Thomas
8 possessions, 3 marks, 26 points and a 37% disposal efficiency. He was also caught holding the ball about 12 times.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:03 am

E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
We just don’t need a 32 year old six foot flanker on next year’s list ( Collingwood premiership player or not )

Didnt we just pay one $500k per year for the past 3 years?

I’m no Mayne fan, but he’s better than Daisy. I didn’t notice him until a few boos went up in the 2nd 1/4 and I said to junior who are they booing! Don’t forget E, it’s easy to look good if your surrounded by worse!

He should just earn his easy money and lay off the tough stuff because as someone else said, he’s just embarrassing himself now, he can’t back it up.

I’ll never hate Daisy, and I’m happy he got the money, but he’s still a traitor! Did us a massive favour, he broke down not long after he got there and saved us a packet.

He can come back in a few years and rest his retired belly on the bar and reminisce!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Did Dale play?

Did he do anything?

Dale Thomas

If he put up those numbers for Collingwood yesterday, then statistically he would have been our 4th best player behind Pendles, Sidey and Phillips.

8 possessions, 3 marks, 26 points and a 37% disposal efficiency. He was also caught holding the ball about 12 times.

3 min in to the game up on the scoreboard it said Collingwood efficiency 78% or something, Carlton efficiency 100%! Sounds impressive hey? Except they hadn’t touched the ball yet so they hadn’t screwed it up yet!

Context. Better to be a team player in a champion team than a champion in the wooden spooner!

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Ed on the radio today said he believed Daisy got upset because Mason kept saying to him "Who are you?", "Who are you?".
Daisy took this as Mason trash talking him but Mason actually didn't have a clue who he was.

Made it to the Herald-Sun:

McGuire said Thomas gave Buckley a “drive-by” at halftime and suggested Thomas’s chief target, Mason Cox, might have accidentally coined Thomas a new nickname.
“What was funny though I went up to Mason Cox after the game,” McGuire said on Triple M.
“I said, ‘What was Daisy doing?’ He said, ‘Who?’. I said, ‘Daisy Thomas, what was going on there?’
“He said, ‘Who’s he, who’s Daisy Thomas? What are you talking about? Oh … No.39? Who is he? I don’t know him!’
“I said, ‘He’s a premiership legend of our club’. (Cox) said, ‘Was he? Oh, OK’.
“So from now on I think Daisy’s got a new nickname – he’s No.39.”
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

Funny thing is he had a choice when he left. Could have handled it with class, booing would have stopped with some sort of respect shown back to the club. But he is a bitter little shit who takes every opportunity to fuel the flames.

The extra money he got from Carlton - he had to give back a significant amount through re-negotiation of his contract.

He could have been delisted 3 years ago and wouldn't have got on another AFL list.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 am

Quote:
EDDIE WEIGHS IN ON DALE THOMAS V MASON COX SLEDGING

Sam Landsberger
CARLTON’S Dale Thomas “sprayed” Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley yesterday and was a “fair dinkum pest” to his old team, according to Magpies president Eddie McGuire.

The Collingwood boss accused the club’s 2010 premiership star of trying to get a Magpie reported during yesterday’s spiteful clash at the MCG.

“He got booed every time he went near the ball yesterday, because he was a fair dinkum pest,” McGuire said.

“He was just going around trying to rough people up, and he particularly wanted to go after Mason Cox.

“So he’s into Coxy all the time. Now Daise, fair enough, he’s about a foot taller than you – but he was just driving him mad.

“I’ve got the feeling what Daise was trying to do was 1) upset the Pies and 2) see if he could suck someone into getting reported and that type of thing.

“Come om, Daise, nick off, will you? Halftime there was a bit of a blue, and I think he sprayed the coaches as they went off the ground, so that didn’t go down that well.”

McGuire said Thomas gave Buckley a “drive-by” at halftime and suggested Thomas’s chief target, Mason Cox, might have accidentally coined Thomas a new nickname.

“What was funny though I went up to Mason Cox after the game,” McGuire said on Triple M.

“I said, ‘What was Daisy doing?’ He said, ‘Who?’. I said, ‘Daisy Thomas, what was going on there?’

“He said, ‘Who’s he, who’s Daisy Thomas? What are you talking about? Oh … No.39? Who is he? I don’t know him!’

“I said, ‘He’s a premiership legend of our club’. (Cox) said, ‘Was he? Oh, OK’.

“So from now on I think Daisy’s got a new nickname – he’s No.39.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-get-all-the-latest-and-breaking-footy-news-for-monday-june-25-2018/news-story/63299546b75d423f506e06fd85a441db

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:47 am

He's been a shadow of his former self since about 2012.

Although he may get some nice numbers from time to time, he has zero ability to tear a game apart and be the difference of winning and losing.

He had that ability in 2010/2011, struck down with injury in 2012 and the rest is history.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am

If this thread isn't meant to be a joke, it is the most ridiculous post I have seen in a very long time.

Shit player, shit person.

Thanks for the early years, but now I don't want him near the club.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 am

Get him in on a base wage as a fulltime sniper, seems to be building into that role

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Don't want that Wash Up Flog Back
barrackers 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:50 pm

E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Did Dale play?

Did he do anything?

Dale Thomas

Cheap kicks in the backline is a good way to pad the stats. Only got one contested possession.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:03 pm

barrackers wrote:
E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Did Dale play?

Did he do anything?

Dale Thomas

Cheap kicks in the backline is a good way to pad the stats. Only got one contested possession.

He also had no hit outs!!!!! I hate it when people diminish the game of an outside player by pointing out that he didn't play any of the game inside. thanks captain obvious.

He was terrific in his role. 12 marks and 25 touches with good efficiency is a good performance from the half back flank. These are the same performances we have been getting from Scharenberg, Crisp and Howe week in and week out and they are brilliant.

He repelled tonnes of our forward entries and was one of the reasons we didn't win by 10 goals. He didn't have much help back there either making his game even more impressive.

Its ok to admit that and still not want him back.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:05 pm

ad4eva wrote:
He's been a shadow of his former self since about 2012.

Although he may get some nice numbers from time to time, he has zero ability to tear a game apart and be the difference of winning and losing.

He had that ability in 2010/2011, struck down with injury in 2012 and the rest is history.

correct. And we knew that when we didn't offer him a contract. Which is why i don't get why we shit on him all the time for his decision to leave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: