Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring injury Noble will play senior football this season.

I wouldn't be shocked if it was as early as this week.

Pity Quaynor has got injured at the wrong time and Appleby has only recently returned.

If Elliott isn't fit to resume I expect Crocker to replace Reid.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:11 am

What is Quaynor's injury and prognosis?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:40 am

swoop42 wrote:
Barring injury Noble will play senior football this season.

I wouldn't be shocked if it was as early as this week.

Pity Quaynor has got injured at the wrong time and Appleby has only recently returned.

If Elliott isn't fit to resume I expect Crocker to replace Reid.

Noble is a standard AFL footballer but the issue is he’s playing with teammates he’s never played with before. How do you you bridge that gap? You’d think we recruited him for next year. I would think you just play him in the VFL till the end of the year. Buckley doesn’t take risks with selection so basically two out and two in, with the onus on the players who took to the field against North, to redeem themselves against Hawthorn on Friday night. Expecting to win by at least 20 points.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 am

The better than 2/1 odds on offer for a hawthorn win is stealing money.
Hawks by 31 points.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:00 am

I expect us to bounce back and beat the Hawks.
Giants play Lions, so one of those lose and we could go 2 games clear of 5th.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:18 am

I reckon Clarkson would still be drooling at how easily we fell over to North’s physicality. Time for our boys to step up (Greenwood, Mayne, Maynard can hold their heads high though. And Sier, who got concussed). Otherwise, expect us to lose to some “unsociable” footy.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:21 am

Like most of us I was bitterly disappointed with the insipid performance on display by our boys on Saturday night against the Kangaroos. I am loathed to make excuses as that breeds poor attitude however, I am wondering if the boys are in the middle of a tough training period in the lead up to the finals campaign? It is a common practice and would explain the lethargic effort on Saturday and even the previous weeks' lackluster effort against the Bulldogs.
What I do know is that this week will be much better and if not, we are in serious trouble. Hawthorn put up a brave fight against West Coast but I feel we will make amends.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:55 am

A few opposition supporting mates watch all the games and have been commenting that we look mentally fatigued and just look flat. They’re also angry we cost them their footy tipping haha.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:11 pm

POSSIBLE INS:
Returning From Injury:
Jamie Elliott will undergo another fitness tests this week. He's ready to play. I guess the question is, will he come straight back in or will he come back via the VFL? This is an interesting question now with a desperate need for a spark up forward all of a sudden.

James Aish will undergo a fitness test. As we know, he was a late out with hamstring tightness. If passed fit, he'll come straight back in.

Wills will undergo a fitness test, but you'd think will play in the VFL if he's ok to play.

From The VFL:
Ben Crocker was named in the teams bests with 3 goals and being a constant threat up forward. I don't think he had a high possession game, but to kick three in those conditions isn't bad. He's been an emergency basically all season and has been very serviceable in the VFL. This could be his week.

Nobel has now played 2 games in the VFL. And he's been named in the bests both times. He had the most disposals and also kicked a goal. It feels so weird, but he might be considered and I think at worst will be named an emergency.

Tyson Goldsack has been travelling ok in the VFL. Every time I've seen him there, I've felt relieved he is there if needed. He had to pass a fitness test last week, but got through his VFL game a-ok.

Quaynor is almost due for a debut. He's travelling nicely and is deserving of a game, but I believe he sat out the game at Vic Park. That tells me that he'll probably undergo a fitness test and wont be considered for an AFL debut this week.

Bosenavulagi had one of his best games in the VFL. He seemed to enjoy the wet conditions, but I would be very surprised if he was to get a call up.

Broomhead and Madgen had serviceable games again, but will probably need to keep it up in the VFL for possible future selection. Also from what I've read, last weeks emergency, Lynch, had a quiet day.

POSSIBLE OUTS:
We know that Reid is a definite out. And we'll have to wait and see if Sier is passed fit or not.

Daicos did enough to stay in. 22 touched and 4 tackles is not a bad effort. The other popular names for a spell in the VFL are Brown, Varcoe and Thomas. Brown was flat against North, but he has been very good in games prior. I think he is in some danger of omission. Of the three, JT had the least effect on the game and has been quietish in recent weeks.

SO...
Right now, I'd consider Elliott, Aish and Crocker. Goldsack an outside chance. With Nobel amongst the emergencies.

But we'll have to wait on some fitness tests, which will keep us all guessing until Thursday night.

Last edited by Presti35 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Varcoe surely has spent all his tickets now, and deserves to be dropped.

I have seen nothing in recent weeks, to suggest he is important to the team.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:38 pm

The sad thing for me right now, is that we were less than a goal away from our 16th flag last season. In a season, where we clearly over-achieved in many ways, given where we had come from since 2013.

I am not seeing a flag challenge this season, Geelong are miles ahead of us.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Forget the unsociable Hawks, those were the bad ole days.
They play a possession and territory game. That style isn’t condusive to pressing up on ball carrier and it will suit us fine.
We simply have to win the ball first and then retain it for longer than they do.
Normally that wouldn’t be a big ask but when you are forced to pick players who aren’t even setting the world on fire in the VFL, then winning becomes a bit more problematic.
I reckon we will know our fate within the first ten mins of the game.
Set the tone early and then maintain it.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Give the engine room some grunt. Crisp will bring tackling hardness to the middle. I'd rotate him with Greenwood. Crispy Pig!

B Maynard, Roughead, Scharenberg
HB Goldsack, Moore, Mayne

C Phillips, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
FOL Grundy, Crisp, Sier

HF Treloar, Mihocek, WHE
F Crocker, JDG, Thomas

I/C Greenwood, Daicos, Cox, C.Brown

IN
Goldsack, Crocker (tackling pressure, goal-kicking)
OUT
Varcoe (omit), Reid (inj) (exit old legs)

This side will win, and win well. Pies to show Jono Brown there's more to the Pies than his vague and amateurish assessment of our playing group.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
A few opposition supporting mates watch all the games and have been commenting that we look mentally fatigued and just look flat. They’re also angry we cost them their footy tipping haha.

Yep, I agree for sure Mr M that we look mentally fatigued. The intriguing question is why, when we're just coming into the most exciting and adrenalin filled part of the season? You'd reckon that they'd be pumped up and champing at the bit, yet their body language gives the impression that they're stale and "over it"!! Even if a great goal gets kicked, there's little celebration. It's just plain weird.
Achilles 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:18 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Give the engine room some grunt. Crisp will bring tackling hardness to the middle. I'd rotate him with Greenwood. Crispy Pig!

B Maynard, Roughead, Scharenberg
HB Goldsack, Moore, Mayne

C Phillips, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
FOL Grundy, Crisp, Sier

HF Treloar, Mihocek, WHE
F Crocker, JDG, Thomas

I/C Greenwood, Daicos, Cox, C.Brown

IN
Goldsack, Crocker (tackling pressure, goal-kicking)
OUT
Varcoe (omit), Reid (inj) (exit old legs)

This side will win, and win well. Pies to show Jono Brown there's more to the Pies than his vague and amateurish assessment of our playing group.

I like this idea.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: