Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Toughen up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And if we'd played as well this week as we did against GWS then Port Adelaides record from 2007 would be in grave danger...

At the end of the day we were not the best or 2nd best team in the league this year, probably not even in the top 4, we got lucky but now the run has finished.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Damien wrote:
You’ve just confirmed my post. Pathetic. Reckon GWS fans woulda been thinking the same sort of way going into last Saturday.

The opposite actually. I know a couple of GWS fans and they were very confident despite two players out. They have depth thanks to years of top draft picks (AFL charity and trading surplus top draft picks). We had to play a kid picked up in the mid-year rookie draft for crying out loud, that's how sore and sorry our depth is thanks to injuries. No JDG, Cox, Greenwood. Moore an unknown, Reid an unknown. Aish hadn't played seniors for months. So I don't take the "boo hoo, Giants are underdogs without Greene and Whitfield" crap seriously at all -- their Phil Inns are best 22 at every other club. And very tellingly, they were very confident they'd have the umps on their side due to our clash earlier in the year where they and the Giants absolutely pulled our pants down and romped us.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:39 pm

ive got balls, id do just about anything to be playing this weekend, i really dont get it TBH, you never know whats going to happen. but we are a dead cert not to win now! happy guys?? nup, me either!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:15 pm

think positive wrote:
ive got balls, id do just about anything to be playing this weekend, i really dont get it TBH, you never know whats going to happen. but we are a dead cert not to win now! happy guys?? nup, me either!

Me too!
Imagine if we had've pinched the game against GWS? Imagine the almighty scare the players would've received that just might've strengthened their resolve to not let that happen on GF day. But I guess we'll never know and that's what hurts most - a truly wasted year and a massive opportunity (to be premiers) foregone.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Damien wrote:
You’ve just confirmed my post. Pathetic. Reckon GWS fans woulda been thinking the same sort of way going into last Saturday.

I dunno who the hell cut my last post to threads, was it u ?? Look face facts, we don't have the cattle to beat em, they have one guy out Rance, been out al lyear, gone, they have not missed him. Cox kicked 6 in the PF, not there, an injured De Goey, no doubt gone in second qtr, a man down, no Greenwood to tag Dusty and no Beams, and our forward line was utter crap, Mihochke and WHE both useless, Grimes and co would have done em like a dinner. We were a tired side post game, that was a hard wet slog, the Tigers sat back rapt, and the Giants will be tired too, for sure. WE would not have had a dogs hope in hell, with out best team in fully fit, yes, we would have given them a big big game, may have won, but that aint the case, not this time. you may get a buzz out of losing two GFs in a row, but im over that crap, come and speak to me when u have seen us lose 11 GFs as I have, speak to me then.

Look towards next year. I am. we weren't good enough to make it, accept it and move on. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Damien wrote:

The opposite actually. I know a couple of GWS fans and they were very confident despite two players out. They have depth thanks to years of top draft picks (AFL charity and trading surplus top draft picks). We had to play a kid picked up in the mid-year rookie draft for crying out loud, that's how sore and sorry our depth is thanks to injuries. No JDG, Cox, Greenwood. Moore an unknown, Reid an unknown. Aish hadn't played seniors for months. So I don't take the "boo hoo, Giants are underdogs without Greene and Whitfield" crap seriously at all -- their Phil Inns are best 22 at every other club. And very tellingly, they were very confident they'd have the umps on their side due to our clash earlier in the year where they and the Giants absolutely pulled our pants down and romped us.

spot on, finally some sanity prevails here. Exclamation

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 pm

As well as the obvious pluses for being there , there’s also more marketing dollars and sponsors exposure ( good for ongoing negotiations )
There’s also more big game and finals exposure for the young and inexperienced players.
What’s to fear, other than fear itself.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
As well as the obvious pluses for being there , there’s also more marketing dollars and sponsors exposure ( good for ongoing negotiations )
There’s also more big game and finals exposure for the young and inexperienced players.

Losing to the gloating arrogant bogan bragging, Tiger hordes, that's what, in our faces for next six months, gloating and mocking us, no thanks I will pass on that, thanku.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Losing to the gloating arrogant bogan bragging, Tiger hordes, that's what, in our faces for next six months, gloating and mocking us, no thanks I will pass on that, thanku.

cmon honey, i need you to get more positive!

we would have won!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:49 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

cmon honey, i need you to get more positive!

we would have won!

Sorry T P not this time, im usually positive, but aside from our injuries, Cox etc, our forward line was woeful, Mihochek and WHE , shocking, that bloody Grimes and co, Houli, etc, would have beaten em again, Noble got stagefright, Aish not ready, Reid not good enough. We dodged a bullet, lets just look ahead, re load with a fully fit team, Cox etc, and maybe a top line recruit or two. Time to look ahead now. Idea

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm

There are some posters getting my point (thanks Think Positive and others ) and some just Missing it completely. I’m not arguing about if we would win or lose this week. I’m talking about being in the position to find out. So many on here seem to be resigned to the fact we would have lost the GF this Saturday if we win last Saturday. Well I’m Here to tell you it’s not a fact. We’ll never know. Doesn’t that sting? I hate losing GF’s. But Losing PF’s sucks More because they deprive you of the chance of being premiers.

Happy to debate with anyone but please read my OP first and then have a crack.

Last edited by Damien on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Look towards next year. I am. we weren't good enough to make it, accept it and move on. Idea

Sounds like you're not ready to move on - I mean, responding to every post that dare suggested it's better to have a chance (however small) of winning a GF rather than not be in the GF at all (and hence 0% chance)...

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:10 pm
Post subject: Re: Grow a pairReply with quote

Damien wrote:
Its Tuesday, I've resisted posting in response to some of the crap on here since Saturday and given people the benefit of the doubt cos they were angry.

I find this drivel about 'its better to have gone out in the Prelim' than be beaten in the GF' pathetic and weak as piss.

Man up, so called supporters. The truth is you'll never know how we would have gone in the GF cos we aint gunna be there.

Watch a replay of last year's Prelim and you'll find that we were already slaughtering Richmond before Cox made his presence felt in the second quarter. We were probably the only team that could have beaten Richmond in the GF this year with, or without him.

I'm as long suffering as just about anyone on here and I'm gutted that we lost Saturday. I wanted us to be there. Listen to what the players are saying. They are filthy this week cos an opportunity to play in the game that you work all year to get into is lost.

Anyone who wants to argue that losing last Saturday beats playing this weekend and all the good stuff that goes with it in the build up, go right ahead. But DONT argue that it beats losing this weekend cos you'll never know. Thats speculation. And if you cant handle the risk of losing Grand Finals for the chance of Premiership success you better go support another club.

oh... and Grow a pair.

Well said Damien! You can't win them from the grand stand. I really think we would have had a chance against the Tigers.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Cox kicked just 3 in last year’s prelim, by the way, all in the second quarter.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 pm

With you 100% Damien.

I swear it’s the truth, leaving the ground I heard someone near me say “It’s better to lose a Preliminary than a Grand Final.” I could only think of how gutted I felt having just lost the chance, would rather have the opportunity than never know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: